6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

recall 08T01 - all 2008 ford diesels

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:52 AM
serviceguy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't say it is right but it is what happens. The stock market is the root of all evil. Investors demand returns= companies make decisions based off what is cheaper instead of what is right= people get screwed & or hurt. Other countries don't have this problem as much because for example in most European countries if the upper management of a company makes a decision that gets someone hurt they will try that person and put them in jail and they all know it.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 AM
kawtiper
Senior User
Originally Posted by serviceguy
I didn't say it is right but it is what happens. The stock market is the root of all evil. Investors demand returns= companies make decisions based off what is cheaper instead of what is right= people get screwed & or hurt. Other countries don't have this problem as much because for example in most European countries if the upper management of a company makes a decision that gets someone hurt they will try that person and put them in jail and they all know it.
It would be nice if it were that way here

Old 07-23-2008, 07:29 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kawtiper
I doubt you are going to sell many of them anyway. How about you fix the ones that already paid you ( not you personally) the money for a truck that has a problem. Guess that is the different view from an employee and customer. We as a customer expect to be taken care of after the sale has been made. We could care less about weather or not you can sell a truck for the next week or so. Customer service I believe is what that is called. May be it is just me that feels that way.
I have the article in my hand right now, and there is nothing on it that says there will be no customer notifications. All its advising us to do is fix what we have before we sell it.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:51 PM
kawtiper
Senior User
Originally Posted by vloney
I have the article in my hand right now, and there is nothing on it that says there will be no customer notifications. All its advising us to do is fix what we have before we sell it.
Well apparently it does not say there will be either. Oh the power of omittion.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Well apparently it does not say there will be either. Oh the power of omittion.
So, should we not fix them on the lot? According to everyone here, we should wait until its sold? We get a lot of the SSIs, do you want all of them? We just got one advising us to top off our oil tanks, did that irritate the oil companies that we didn't use?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 PM
kawtiper
Senior User
So, should we not fix them on the lot? According to everyone here, we should wait until its sold? We get a lot of the SSIs, do you want all of them? We just got one advising us to top off our oil tanks, did that irritate the oil companies that we didn't use?
Clearly you are missing the point sir. What we want is our trucks that have been paid for to be made right and not left hanging to be fixed when they break. The trucks on the lot have not broken down but the trucks that are in service are more likely to go down than one sitting on a lot. Is this really confusing you? If you just spent 50 grand on something I believe you would feel the same way. Oh and so I don't leave any stone unturned, who gives a crap about what you do with your oil tanks. Ford expects the oil to go up again and wants to save a few bucks so they want you to fill them when the price is down. Hello, we the ford customers want to be taken care of, it is that simple, we earned the right, we deserve the best ford can give.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Clearly you are missing the point sir. What we want is our trucks that have been paid for to be made right and not left hanging to be fixed when they break. The trucks on the lot have not broken down but the trucks that are in service are more likely to go down than one sitting on a lot. Is this really confusing you? If you just spent 50 grand on something I believe you would feel the same way. Oh and so I don't leave any stone unturned, who gives a crap about what you do with your oil tanks. Ford expects the oil to go up again and wants to save a few bucks so they want you to fill them when the price is down. Hello, we the ford customers want to be taken care of, it is that simple, we earned the right, we deserve the best ford can give.
I havent missed the point, Ford advised us to change something before it gets into circulation (thats a good thing). You've taken exception because your truck wasn't included in this advisement to change the little hoses at the degas bottle.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
kawtiper
Senior User
I havent missed the point, Ford advised us to change something before it gets into circulation (thats a good thing). You've taken exception because your truck wasn't included in this advisement to change the little hoses at the degas bottle.
Not really, what I take exception to is being ignoored after I pay my hard earned money on something. little hose, little radiator( has not happened yet) what ever the size has no bearing. It is the mentality of screw them we already have their money, and from your comments it appears you are a part of it I am sorry to say. Preventative Maintenance would be nice to see not the wait till it breaks attitude. But may be you have not been stuck in the desert waiting on a tow truck for hours. May be it is just me but I doubt it.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went in for a non related issue and the dealer told me about the issue with the radiator and the fix. I also had my radiator crack already once and they are putting the part in tomorrow free of charge.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jasfaa
I went in for a non related issue and the dealer told me about the issue with the radiator and the fix. I also had my radiator crack already once and they are putting the part in tomorrow free of charge.
Did yours show up on the FSA VIN List as eligible or are they just doing it?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Bowstring
Senior User
Don't know what the venturi radiator kit costs or consists of, but I would think it would be cheaper for Ford to do the kit verses a new radiator.If Ford elects not to address the problem for trucks aready sold I will look into buying the kit and installing my self, something like when I had a CPS in the glove box of my 7.3

Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
PowerStroke Hd - I will tell you later today. I am leaving for the shop in a few minutes. I believe the dealer is just doing it for me since they are a good dealer and I have an early Job 1 that cracked the radiator once before to the tune of $700 their cost. I am going to hotter country in two weeks and he was worried about it cracking again.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Its good Ford is fixing the trucks on the lot. The trucks on the road now should have priority over a truck just sitting on the lot. If they sell a truck on the lot, do the TSB right before the customer takes delivery. Its not good to have customers driving around with a raditor that could blow. If it blows and hurts someone Ford could have a problem.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Well, typical Ford crap. Took the truck into the dealer at their request last week. They looked up the TSB and my truck is not eligible. They did some digging and realized my truck was within the time frame stated in the TSB, was built in the Kentucky plant where the issue was discovered but was not eligible because it is no longer on the dealer lot. This TSB is only for vehicles that are still on the lot. I have a copy of it and will scan it in here if anyone wants it. I called customer service which was a waste of 15 minutes of my life. I already had the radiator replaced because it cracked due to this and the new radiator was nothing like the old one. I have a feeling this is a cheaper fix for ford than replacing radiators that were defective.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

I totaly agree, why should ford just go out and replace every item on every truck built. Do you truly understand the cost of this. Just becaues they have found a way to improve the product dosent mean every prevoius owner is intitled the changes. This shows there didication to improve there product and prevent problems with future owners. I bought my 08 when they first came out, Its a early job 1 build and i have had some issues. Its a new truck from the ground up, come on what do you except. I think the issues have been minor compared to the early 03 6.oh's. Were just past the truck being out for a year. If you have all these issues with most current updates why not wait tell the 09's come out

I have not had one issue that was not taken care of promptly under warranty.

Quick Reply: recall 08T01 - all 2008 ford diesels