Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Awesome day here, I`m lovin` it!
Originally Posted by 96sherm
Happy Saturday Boys and Girl. Hey Morris, are you attending this auction in Stoon?

1967 G .T.O. SELLING! PLUS MANY MORE! MAY 10TH SASKATOON, SASK. | classic cars | Regina | Kijiji

I think I may try to go.
I think so, be great to see you there....bring your Visa!
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Happy Saturday mornin'all. My phone battery has been giving me troubles. Dawn says flip phones are obsolete I guess I will have to get with the program, so it's a new phone today. Have a great day guy's.
I love my flip phone, not ready to give it up just yet.
Originally Posted by Corner Gas
Happy saturday everyone, beautiful morning here so looks like a good start to the day.
It is sweet, looks like finally spring is here!
Originally Posted by ATV PRO #11
Just confirmed with a pro tranny guy on here. LED's do cause PCM signal issues. Tricks PCM to think the brakes are always on. From what I've read, causeing the TC to not fully lock up.
Thankfull he took the time to help point me in the right direction with regards to parts and questions!!!!!!

Gonna buy the GTO Sherm?
That`s good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:30 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile It's Back(here)

Got up this am toooooooo wind and blowing snow,-7. Not too much fun,holding horses for the blacksmith.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just confirmed with a pro tranny guy on here. LED's do cause PCM signal issues. Tricks PCM to think the brakes are always on. From what I've read, causeing the TC to not fully lock up.
Thankfull he took the time to help point me in the right direction with regards to parts and questions!!!!!!

Gonna buy the GTO Sherm?
I've read a few different cases of LED lighting messing up other functions of the trucks electrical system.

No GTO for me. I would like to go and see if there are any classic mustangs hovering around my price range.

Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Awesome day here, I`m lovin` it!

I think so, be great to see you there....bring your Visa!

It is sweet, looks like finally spring is here!
It was a beautiful day here also. I was super lazy though, sinus cold has me whooped. Tomorrow is sposed to be a nice one also. Hopefully some ambition is coming my way.

We'll keep in touch. I'm due for a guy time away from the fam. I'll try to make it happen around this car sale.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I spent most of my time in a gym watching dance routines. There were some very talented girls and was enjoyable to watch. Day two tomorrow but, not quite as long.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Morning kids, the sun is finally shining here..........

Lets go Texas racing boys

Old 04-06-2014, 09:44 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've read a few different cases of LED lighting messing up other functions of the trucks electrical system.

No GTO for me. I would like to go and see if there are any classic mustangs hovering around my price range.
Crazyness how the PCM would be that sensitive to the analog vs LED ohms.

Hopefully you find yourself a nice Fox body!! If I don't move on that customers of mine he's selling, i'll letcha know what he wants for it.

Gigger, Can't wait for the race today. Only one dillema, sunshine and being outside. Supposed to be +8 today!!

Hope you guys/gals have an outstanding day today!!!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:00 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy sunday mornin all. Did this on my new dumb phone. My old fingers are still too fat. Lol. Have a great day guys.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Morning everyone. Burnt myself pretty good making frying up some Salmon on Friday. Other than that, its been a pretty uneventful weekend. Oh and we got pulled over by the RCMP last night. Girlfriend was driving because I had a few drinks, the officer didn't even ask what we were doing or anything, just basic license and registration and off we went. I'm pretty sure they're just checking to make sure everyone is legal while driving. I'm glad they're actually pulling people over because there is a lot of drunk driving going on up here and it needs to stop.

Curtis, hopefully your buggy wont take too much longer. When is it supposed to be ready?

Sherwin, I hope you find something nice at that auction

Which phone did you get Grant? I have an iPhone but I want to get rid of it for a different one.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I got one of them thar samsung S3 mini's. I have the kid's showing me how to use it. It rang ywsterday, and I didn't know you had to slide the answer button to talk I really don't use a cell phone much, but I really needed a new one.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:37 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Randy_270

Curtis, hopefully your buggy wont take too much longer. When is it supposed to be ready?
Supposed to be ready last Monday.
He took it home Tuesday, wasnt shifting hard enough.
2 Solinoid codes and Line pressure low.
Waited, waited, went and saw him, waiting for call back from KingoMatic Wed, Thurs, Fri.
I called King myself on Friday at 430. He didn't order what he said he did.
They "DO NOT STOCK OR SELL" the EPC Solinoid so I was pissed.
Called him back to explain. According to him Ford here wants $300/solinoid and I'm choosing to just do all 7 plus OSS VSS sensors.
Why go that far in rebuild and not change everything from beggining.
I understood "everything top to bottom" was being done.
King said they can locate the body and solinoids within 4-10 business days as it's on a train bound for Vanc.
Came home, messaged a Tranny EXPERT on this site. He actually took the time to answer all my stupid questions and point me to where he gets his stuff from.
Called his Vendor in the USA, who happens to supply King here in Winnipeg..........
Explained my situation, he was very upset of what I was told (general Manager who was done for the day just cleaning up paperwork and doesn't just let the phone ring after hours....he picked up and acutally helped me at 6pm FRIDAY evening)
Unfortunately he couldn't do anything as shipping ect was gone for weekend and promised to forward my info, list to their international shipper in Kansas city and he will personally follow up with her and me 1st thing Monday morning. He spent 20 mins with me on the phone....
TO explain a bit further. King here told my builder they have a "Dyno'd Body with all 7 solinoids for $518" The general manager I spoke to has never heard of this "Dyno'd" product they sell. They sell all the part of coarse, including the EPC and was very disapointed of the sales tactic of King o'matic here. Even the guy at King I spoke to earlier couldn't confirm the product. So whether it's King or builder, someones full of crap.....
Hopefully we can put it on a plane and have it here Tuesday!!
Builder promised as soon as parts here, trucks in and will be done instantly. I let him know i'll be there right beside him the entire time!!
As soon as parts are in, PHP tuning will be installed as soon as I can get an appointment. All the reading i've done, things I understand better about these trucks I will not drive it without tried and tested tuning!!

I wish I would have farmed out the parts myself, Effin TC was 3 times the price here in Canada as it is the US. 400 vs 1300here. That's alot of hard working money.

Ahhhhhh, I feel better I vented abit here Where's the "rant off" smilie

Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by yamagrant
I got one of them thar samsung S3 mini's. I have the kid's showing me how to use it. It rang ywsterday, and I didn't know you had to slide the answer button to talk I really don't use a cell phone much, but I really needed a new one.
Always nice to have kids to show you how all the new technologies work lol. Once you get use to it, I'm sure you'll like the phone.

Supposed to be ready last Monday.
He took it home Tuesday, wasnt shifting hard enough.
2 Solinoid codes and Line pressure low.
Waited, waited, went and saw him, waiting for call back from KingoMatic Wed, Thurs, Fri.
I called King myself on Friday at 430. He didn't order what he said he did.
They "DO NOT STOCK OR SELL" the EPC Solinoid so I was pissed.
Called him back to explain. According to him Ford here wants $300/solinoid and I'm choosing to just do all 7 plus OSS VSS sensors.
Why go that far in rebuild and not change everything from beggining.
I understood "everything top to bottom" was being done.
King said they can locate the body and solinoids within 4-10 business days as it's on a train bound for Vanc.
Came home, messaged a Tranny EXPERT on this site. He actually took the time to answer all my stupid questions and point me to where he gets his stuff from.
Called his Vendor in the USA, who happens to supply King here in Winnipeg..........
Explained my situation, he was very upset of what I was told (general Manager who was done for the day just cleaning up paperwork and doesn't just let the phone ring after hours....he picked up and acutally helped me at 6pm FRIDAY evening)
Unfortunately he couldn't do anything as shipping ect was gone for weekend and promised to forward my info, list to their international shipper in Kansas city and he will personally follow up with her and me 1st thing Monday morning. He spent 20 mins with me on the phone....
TO explain a bit further. King here told my builder they have a "Dyno'd Body with all 7 solinoids for $518" The general manager I spoke to has never heard of this "Dyno'd" product they sell. They sell all the part of coarse, including the EPC and was very disapointed of the sales tactic of King o'matic here. Even the guy at King I spoke to earlier couldn't confirm the product. So whether it's King or builder, someones full of crap.....
Hopefully we can put it on a plane and have it here Tuesday!!
Builder promised as soon as parts here, trucks in and will be done instantly. I let him know i'll be there right beside him the entire time!!
As soon as parts are in, PHP tuning will be installed as soon as I can get an appointment. All the reading i've done, things I understand better about these trucks I will not drive it without tried and tested tuning!!

I wish I would have farmed out the parts myself, Effin TC was 3 times the price here in Canada as it is the US. 400 vs 1300here. That's alot of hard working money.

Ahhhhhh, I feel better I vented abit here Where's the "rant off" smilie
Sorry to hear about all this crap that's going on Curtis. At least you got a hold of the supplier and got things sorted out properly. This King o Matic place doesn't sound like its a very reliable place. Hopefully all goes well and you get your truck back in working order!

Old 04-06-2014, 11:26 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck Curtis...lol...

Another beautiful day here. Wife called on her way to town and said the car was making a nasty squealing sound. Likely a stone in the brakes. I'll be in there shortly to check it out and wash it up. Really time to get a more rural suited vehicle like a '83 LTC or Caprice.

Lots of snow melting, makes me happy. Its a nuscience though, the transition stage. Not enough snow to sled, too much to go through with a quad, tractor, or truck. The dogs are getting sick of it too.

Must go shower...kids are telling me its time...

Have a good one all!!!

Props to you for the GF driving Randy!! I have my wife drive any time we're together and I have a few. Even if I feel fine, I know that even the slightest lapse in judgment could be tragic. Its not worth the risk. Drinking and driving is not taken serious enough and there is no excuse for it. The other day I heard of an 18-19 year old kid who lost his license for DUI. Ignorance is no excuse. Everywhere you look is billboards and signs, advertising against drunk driving. To ice the cake, this kid was best friends with another kid who was killed about a year ago in a DUI accident. Three 16-17 year old boys were drunk and high, and hit a tree doing an estimated 120km/hr through town. You would think that it would have been an eye opener... Can't fix stupid I guess.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hopefully it goes better for you this week Curtis.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas

Another beautiful day here. Wife called on her way to town and said the car was making a nasty squealing sound. Likely a stone in the brakes. I'll be in there shortly to check it out and wash it up. Really time to get a more rural suited vehicle like a '83 LTC or Caprice.

Lots of snow melting, makes me happy. Its a nuscience though, the transition stage. Not enough snow to sled, too much to go through with a quad, tractor, or truck. The dogs are getting sick of it too.

Must go shower...kids are telling me its time...

Have a good one all!!!

Props to you for the GF driving Randy!! I have my wife drive any time we're together and I have a few. Even if I feel fine, I know that even the slightest lapse in judgment could be tragic. Its not worth the risk. Drinking and driving is not taken serious enough and there is no excuse for it. The other day I heard of an 18-19 year old kid who lost his license for DUI. Ignorance is no excuse. Everywhere you look is billboards and signs, advertising against drunk driving. To ice the cake, this kid was best friends with another kid who was killed about a year ago in a DUI accident. Three 16-17 year old boys were drunk and high, and hit a tree doing an estimated 120km/hr through town. You would think that it would have been an eye opener... Can't fix stupid I guess.
What happened to that F150 you were looking at? Two of my co-workers currently don't have licenses because of DUIs. And because they can't drive its more a pain for everyone else. Its really sad when you hear about young people being killed because they think they are "cool" for driving drunk. There is no excuse for getting a DUI, I honestly think there should be a harsher punishment for it. Hopefully then people would smarten up.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:16 PM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
I'm not "lol'n" right now. Only guy laughin is the one depositing the invoice i'm about to get. This is 4th financial blow in months, never mind all the rest. Need some wind in my sails.....gettin hard to stay positive with blow after blow after blow.

Originally Posted by Corner Gas
Hopefully it goes better for you this week Curtis.
I'm really hoping this all pans out Colin!! Thanks

Originally Posted by Randy_270
Two of my co-workers currently don't have licenses because of DUIs. And because they can't drive its more a pain for everyone else. Its really sad when you hear about young people being killed because they think they are "cool" for driving drunk. There is no excuse for getting a DUI, I honestly think there should be a harsher punishment for it. Hopefully then people would smarten up.
You should see it around here brutha. Kids and I walk the 2 mile block we have here. Spring clean up we call it. I can fill 2 contractor bags full of garbage and beer cans. Never mind cleaning up around the quarry where everyone drinks till the wee hours and drives away. Just let our day care lady go.....her son's on his 4th DUI and her hubby just got one last month. He made it in the local paper. Answered his cell phone, hit the ditch. Picking up his son from the bar in TCona. Found both passed out by RCMP. Not that I haven't seen both of them driving in the last week, probably drinkin......They'll never learn until they kill someone. Then again, sentance for killing during DUI is a hell of alot easier on culprit than actually shooting them..... Hudderites park tractor trailers right outside the store. Smell like booze BIGTIME when I see them in the store. Usually smell just like the 40 their buying for the trip home. Don't get me going on the pot heads out there, driving and riding thinking it should be legal to have and it's not as bad as drinking and driving.
Personally, If their co-workers of yours, their professional tradesmen. They should be FIRED and sent packin. There is people out there who work hard for a living, do everything they can to lead a productive lifestyle. Drinking and driving is a choice, you make the wrong choice you should suffer the reprecussions. Just like picking up a loaded gun and pulling the trigger. SOme have good aim and kill, others well they just get lucky. Sickens me that the outcome of your coworkers stupidity ends up costing fellow workers in some way or another to accomodate.
You get hit with thousands of volts on the job with one of those guys, he going to drive you to the hospital? Maybe, if he found a ride to work that day..... Will Hydro fill his place with another guy if he can't make it? I don't think it's legal for you to work alone. Serious stuff bud, protect yourself out there. Your only as good as your team and if the team ain't 100% solid it could end up ugly. Usually for the guy that takes his proffesion seriously.

Lighten up the mood here abit, anyone else find themselves outside wandering around aimlessly in a yard full of slush soaking up the sunshine, chipping away at the ice making paths for the water to run off better on this warm spring day

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2