Sponsored by: DP Tuner

You guys from Texas Should be Proud!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
It's a scary thought when this country's economy is so dismal that such a discussion is even going on .
Dismal??? The economy is dismal?? I haven't noticed ...If the economy is dismal, I choose not to participate...oh and I buy $350 of diesel per day (and that is the minimum amount...some days I hit $500)! Now if you want a dismal economy, think back to 1978-1980...18% prime rate, 12% inflation, 7% unemployment...that is dismal. It was so bad they invented the Misery Index! It was the addition of Unemployment rate + inflation rate...in 1980 it was 20.76, in 2007 it was 7.46

Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nlemerise
Dismal??? The economy is dismal?? I haven't noticed ...If the economy is dismal, I choose not to participate...oh and I buy $350 of diesel per day (and that is the minimum amount...some days I hit $500)! Now if you want a dismal economy, think back to 1978-1980...18% prime rate, 12% inflation, 7% unemployment...that is dismal. It was so bad they invented the Misery Index! It was the addition of Unemployment rate + inflation rate...in 1980 it was 20.76, in 2007 it was 7.46

Come on Neal, take it easy on me, I am just turning 40, I can only deal with the present. But heck, look at our state, right now the National Average is 5.5% unemployment, we are hanging out at 8.5% per the news last night for our state. I believe it was 1 in 144 homes for sale in this state was foreclosure, that was the state average, some cities around here, I would almost guess it was 1 in 144 homes for sale , was not in foreclosure.

Granhome Promised to blow us awy in 5 years, she held up her portion, I just thought for some reason it was going to be for the positive.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
TurtleRacing
PSD Addict
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, GranHolm has blown us away! Her big plan to save Michigan is the MOVIE INDUSTRY!! I don't know about you, but I'm blown away!! Unbelievable. Forget manufacturing, in a manufacturing state, let's build E-85 plants and Bio diesel plants, they employ 25-30 people each plant, we've lost what, 30-40,000 jobs? GOOD FRICKIN PLAN! Once again, blown away!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:53 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by TurtleRacing
Well, GranHolm has blown us away! Her big plan to save Michigan is the MOVIE INDUSTRY!! I don't know about you, but I'm blown away!! Unbelievable. Forget manufacturing, in a manufacturing state, let's build E-85 plants and Bio diesel plants, they employ 25-30 people each plant, we've lost what, 30-40,000 jobs? GOOD FRICKIN PLAN! Once again, blown away!
[sarcasm on] I though Granholm, complicit with your legislature, solved Michigans problems when they raised taxes by $1.35 billion dollars? [sarcasm off]

BTW...I am sitting with my leg in a bucket of hot water and epsom salts...my advice: Don't get bit by a black widow!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:27 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by just another truck
Come on Neal, take it easy on me, I am just turning 40, I can only deal with the present.
That is why I gave you some perspective...These are, despite some localized problems and high fuel costs, pretty good economic times. Nevada has the highest foreclosure rate in the country right now...mostly due to speculation by people who wanted to get-rich-quick. When the gaming industry tanks (and it is heading that way) things will get bad in Nevada, but it won't suck me into its negativity. You don't have to participate, you control that.

BTW..Just west of you is a state called South Dakota with unemployment rate of 2.6%

Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 PM
HighOctane
PMS: an obsession

The sub-prime mortgages in the US are about 15% of all mortgages held. Out of those 15%, only about 15% are in forclosure/default. This equals approximately 3% of the houses in the US are in forclosure. It may be worse in some areas, but those are the statistics. The media will print anything to for-tell doom and gloom and promote fear in the markets. This so called housing crisis doesn't even touch the dot com crashes a few years back, maybe 10% of that money, yet the media is crying recession. Don't believe it. The US economy, although has been better before, has been averaging about 2% growth per month.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:13 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by HighOctane
The sub-prime mortgages in the US are about 15% of all mortgages held. Out of those 15%, only about 15% are in forclosure/default. This equals approximately 3% of the houses in the US are in forclosure. It may be worse in some areas, but those are the statistics. The media will print anything to for-tell doom and gloom and promote fear in the markets. This so called housing crisis doesn't even touch the dot com crashes a few years back, maybe 10% of that money, yet the media is crying recession. Don't believe it. The US economy, although has been better before, has been averaging about 2% growth per month.
That's right...the media will not note that nearly all mortgages (>97%) are being paid on-time. Fear, is what the media sows...and some folks are so stupid they actually harvest it. We have not had one quarter of negative economic growth, let alone two consecutive quarters (the definition of a recession).

Old 06-19-2008, 04:10 PM
joegebff
Gone Fishin for Mark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ted Poe was an awesome judge. Tougher than barbed wire, yet fair.

Loved to see the thieves, once they got out of jail, standing where they stole, wearing a sign.

Don't dare return to his courtroom if you violated your probation or parole. No mercy then. That was never a wasted vote.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
HighOctane
PMS: an obsession

That's right...the media will not note that nearly all mortgages (>97%) are being paid on-time. Fear, is what the media sows...and some folks are so stupid they actually harvest it. We have not had one quarter of negative economic growth, let alone two consecutive quarters (the definition of a recession).
Exactly! Well stated Neal. Even if there was a recession, one can gain tremendous wealth if prepared for it. Money does not disappear, it only changes hands. When there is an upheaval in the markets of any kind, massive amounts of money are changing hands, and 90% of the people invested in mutual funds or 401K plans with their bank or job, are the ones who will lose.

Last edited by HighOctane; 06-19-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: whoops
Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 842 Likes on 641 Posts
Thank you Neal and Ryan for that good information!!!!!!
I'm sick of hearing how bad it is, that just spreads around the FUD. (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).

Old 06-19-2008, 07:55 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Thank you Neal and Ryan for that good information!!!!!!
I'm sick of hearing how bad it is, that just spreads around the FUD. (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).
You are welcome Sir! My God, where would we be as a nation, if the founding fathers had bought into the fear, uncertainty and doubt of taking on the worlds super power of that time? They had a right to FUD, but they chose NOT to let it run their lives...they decided to be optimistic, to persevere, and to ignore the fear, uncertainty and doubt. There is more opportunity in this country now than there has ever been in any country on earth...

TURN OFF THE MEDIA...LOOK AROUND...WE ARE WEALTHY BEYOND OUR FATHERS' IMAGINATION! If anyone doubts this just say so and I will provide the data that proves it.

PS...The Republic of Texas has a lot to be proud of! As Sam Houston said in his plea for volunteers: "Let the brave rally to our standard!"

Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You sir are absolutely correct about the media.

Bravo, Neal!

Your Sam Houston quote is making me want to go to the Alamo and drink a Lonestar.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
TURN OFF THE MEDIA...LOOK AROUND...WE ARE WEALTHY BEYOND OUR FATHERS' IMAGINATION!
dang right! They never would have imagined so many people on WELFARE- let alone people from another country on our nation's welfare!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
That speech right there makes me proud to be a texan.

oh and if you ever go through the town he mentiond (dimebox) DONT SPEED!!!! they have speed traps up.

Austin

Old 06-19-2008, 11:46 PM
cps
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBoat
Bet that would have changed a few minds about CFL's!!
TED POE for PRESIDENT, bout time we have someone with common sense in congress.
Thats the freakin problem, common sense ain`t so common!!

Quick Reply: You guys from Texas Should be Proud!!!