Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Truck from cali any different?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM
95Z71
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
AD are the type of injectors, they came in all 7.3's from 99.5 to 03's. All 7.3's from 99.5 on had a AE injector in the #8 hole, this was Fords fix for a poor fuel system which caused an idle knock, AE is a LONG LEAD injector.

GPC is a Glow Plug Controller, an expensive little bugger that Cali and excursions had... Takes the place of a cheaper GPR. Glow Plug Relay
On the gpc vs. the gpr which one is better and how much is the gpc?

Old 12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 95Z71
On the gpc vs. the gpr which one is better and how much is the gpc?
Well thats a loaded question... The GPC works better IMHO, but the GPR can be replaced for $30 or so where the GPC is about $190...

Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Planeoldguy
Junior User
Originally Posted by Vijay
Does that mean that I cannot register a Truck in CA bought outside of CA?
California Vehicles can be registered anywhere immediately, If you want to bring an out of state Vehicle to California it has to have 7,500 miles on the odo.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow 7500miles minimum? Why CA laws are so convoluted and self-absorbed? I mean no offense, when I drove from NJ to CA last time they stopped me at the border( AZ-CA) to check if I was carrying any plant/seeds/”alien planet eggs” , half non-brand ATVs/bikes that are sold on EBay are strictly not to be sold in CA because of “God knows” tax complications and other laws.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Planeoldguy
Junior User
Originally Posted by Vijay
Wow 7500miles minimum? Why CA laws are so convoluted and self-absorbed? I mean no offense, when I drove from NJ to CA last time they stopped me at the border( AZ-CA) to check if I was carrying any plant/seeds/”alien planet eggs” , half non-brand ATVs/bikes that are sold on EBay are strictly not to be sold in CA because of “God knows” tax complications and other laws.
Smog Laws are the reason behind it, Many people were going to other states and buying new vehicles to avoid smog laws and the higher costs associated with the extra equipment required here.
I bought my truck used in Reno, It has 120 k on it, but I dont have a catalytic converter or any of the other extra smog garbage (whatever it is).

When I drove from Raleigh to AZ I was stopped at several state borders checking for fruit, All I ever carry traveling is Gatorade and Frosty Malt Beverages in case of breakdown or stopping in a dry county.