South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

The South Kakilaki All Pourpus' thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life in St George has been rather uneventful. Im still working on my D60 front axle for my 79 250. Its funny how 5 min of play can cause 2 months of work. It would have been done sooner but Im lazy and have a bad back. I decided to take a break from the axle this weekend and finish my rear traction bars and clean out more junk in my shed.

On a personal note.....How about those Game*****!

Old 10-07-2007, 11:49 AM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Whatta bummer... here I had things to do around the house and on the truck... But I just kind of held off fearing the rain would hit at anytime....

Sunday... I'm just reluctant on starting a project... err jus' don't feel like it!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
92F150Flare
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spent the weekend in Toledo, Oh. with my son and daught...GREAT visit........sitting here now with him while the women are out shopping............
Fresh Lake Erie Perch tonight!!!

Flying back tomorrow, getting in about 5pm.....then Ann's boss is coming in so I need to get some of this beer out of my system so I can deal with them on a sane level..............

So sorry about your dog Rich.......been there done that.

Wiz.........keep those fingers out of the way of the big hammers.

Talk to you guys soon.
Bob

Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 PM
4Cammer72
Elder User
went and looked at new houses. may be making an offer after we get the inspection done this week. 2200 sf on over 1 acre,fl rm, inground pool and 40 x 60 shop with extra apartment in the front. im hopin we get it. great place and closer in to town. 30 miles less of a drive everyday to work and at 13 mpg thats alot of gas saved. wish me luck.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
DesertStorm
Elder User
sounds like a nice place. wish you luck.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 92F150Flare

Wiz.........keep those fingers out of the way of the big hammers.

Bob
LoL I'm trying.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Steve.... Anything new with the house/land?

Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Gargoyle... How about that "Barn-Raisin' "?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:20 AM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The barn raising is gonna be a ways off yet. I have a guy starting this week who's going to do some clearing in preparation for getting a driveway in. We have a 'flag' lot, with a narrow entrance, and the bulk of the land back off the street. They're going to clear the entryway first. I hope to come up after Christmas to lay out the driveway location, but I have some family issues I may have to deal with instead. I've already used my vacation time for the year (1 week) so I have to budget my time. I'm going to have to do a lot by 'remote control', such as getting the slab poured, etc. Somehow, I'll get a couple weeks off to raise the barn- sometime in 2008, I hope!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
f100kid1936
Senior User
DS, I used to ride dirt bikes. One Sunday we were riding Glassy, back when you could, that is. We were going up the edge of a corn patch and ran head on into a very pissed guy with an axe! We tried to explain that we weren't in his garden, just on the edge of it. Didn't impress him at all.

Used to ride Green River. We'd park at the bottom of the mountain and use a certain trail to the top. I heard a guy later say he did the same thing and ran into a guy with a shotgun and a very mad look on his face.
Needless to say we had to find another riding area.

We also rode Croft State Park and had to share the trails with horse people. Got to the point you'd use a trail in the morning and that afternoon there'd be a log across it! Around a blind curve!
Finally the park rangers said, horses on this side of Fairforest creek, bikers on the other side. That worked for about a month and we started getting horses on our side.
The rangers gave up and said ride wherever you want!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Originally Posted by FLgargoyle
The barn raising is gonna be a ways off yet. I have a guy starting this week who's going to do some clearing in preparation for getting a driveway in. We have a 'flag' lot, with a narrow entrance, and the bulk of the land back off the street. They're going to clear the entryway first. I hope to come up after Christmas to lay out the driveway location, but I have some family issues I may have to deal with instead. I've already used my vacation time for the year (1 week) so I have to budget my time. I'm going to have to do a lot by 'remote control', such as getting the slab poured, etc. Somehow, I'll get a couple weeks off to raise the barn- sometime in 2008, I hope!
If you can give me general directions/lot numbers etc. I'd be willing to do some picture taking and "looking in" for you... Im in the finishing stages of "Contracting" a friend's lake house addition (2400sq ft addt'n ) So I should have some x-tra time on the week/weekends.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Plums72
Elder User
f100kid, i know all about glassy! family owns 48 acres up there. Glassy mountain properties, the actually road leading into the community is plumley summit, which is my last name

Old 11-14-2007, 04:30 AM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They started clearing today! The contractor was supposed to let me know ahead of time, but at least he started. He made it sound like he'd be done (except for burning) today. It's a start!

Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
The Chapter has some interesting News coming up...

Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
jam105
Senior User
Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
Well I don't think we have Enuff... "Talk" and chatter...

...Who likes to hear the crickets?

Wha'd you guys do this weekend?

We pulled the bed of the Ranger off and replaced a perfectly good working fuel pump and questionable sender... my gauge is still a bit bogus lookin' tho.

...And I unfortunately had to put my 14y/o Dog (Beagle/Basset-hound mix) to rest.

Other than that... not a whole lot...
Sorry about the pup..Been there and done that..It ain't easy......

Quick Reply: The South Kakilaki All Pourpus' thread!