1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need you help guys :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would deff ship the bumper back and have them redue it. That is an expensive bumper. I am reallly impressed though. You rear ended the guy at 45 mph!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exactly, it did great. Look in my gallery for pics of an early 90's model F150 that rearended my 99 F250 doing 45.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no i said the guys rear bumper looks like i was going 45 mph...i wasnt going to much over the speed limit and still had time to lay down thread marks the length of my truck...then i hit him...so i would guess less than 10...see the thing is my collision center wants the invoice of the bumper because they said my insurance will want to replace the bumper that is on it...in that case itll be back to what it aws 48 hours ago...but now since im putting all my stuff on ebay (lift, rims and tires) i dont want the RA bumper any more...it looks way to big for a non lifted truck

Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
JKBrad
Received 809 Likes on 594 Posts
I would think that if you sat down and talked to the insurance adjuster and told him/her that you wanted a factory bumper, they would listen. The RA bumper is way expensive and it's their job to cut costs. Tell them that you would be fine with a new take off bumper that costs oh, $1000 less the the RA. They usually make notes in the claim file that you worked with them to cut costs too. Get you damaged bumper back and ebay or craigslist it for $4-500. Someone will fix it themselves for that.

You might want to go to a chrome bumper/grill with the way you keep bumping into things Just kidding, things will get better!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
I say let them pay for a new Road Armor Bumper. Take that money and buy a factory bumper, and use the rest to send your Road Armor Bumper back to be replaced. When you get the new Road Armor bumper sell it on ebay.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:58 PM
JKBrad
It's the $600 shipping that made me suggest to just sell it damaged.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Ace!
Cargo Master
Yeah, have the insurance company write the estimate with the RA bumper and then have the shop use a "used" factory bumper. I imagine you'll have considerably more money in your pocket that way. A lot of insurance companies though have an aftermarket "clause" that limits the amount of money they have to pay for aftermarket equipment. For one company I've worked they had a $1000 limit to how much they would pay to replace aftermarket equipment if it costs more than stock equipment. Another company has specific "endorsements" for certain types of aftermarket equipment. So, you'll likely want them to write for a new RA bumper, and then have the shop use a less expensive factory bumper (used).

Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
im hoping that i can talk to them and use all my factory harware, since i still have it and only one bracket is damaged...and they repair it back to factory...seriously the invoice was 1270 (and thats not powder coated) for the RA bumper and the collision center quoted me at about 970 (all painted) when i got it quoted a while back on the factory bumper...as for the chrome one, ya i know have a tendency to hit things, but this recent one opened my eyes...lol...

Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
im really really really having trouble puting my stuff on ebay...i kno this lift and tires/rims is something that im going to regret in a few years if i do keep it, seeing that i just got engaged, and well you know what comes next. and im very young still and can use the money in more responsible ways...but ive been so pumped about his lift and now this, and its making me think twice...by the time my truck gets fixed and everything is back to normal, it wont be worth putting the lift on because itll be creeping up on winter...so for you old farts, give me some advice...should i just man up and sell the stuff and return my truck back to stock and just drive it or should i continue to go further into debt over this truck and look good going down the road?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:26 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ace!
Yeah, have the insurance company write the estimate with the RA bumper and then have the shop use a "used" factory bumper. I imagine you'll have considerably more money in your pocket that way. A lot of insurance companies though have an aftermarket "clause" that limits the amount of money they have to pay for aftermarket equipment. For one company I've worked they had a $1000 limit to how much they would pay to replace aftermarket equipment if it costs more than stock equipment. Another company has specific "endorsements" for certain types of aftermarket equipment. So, you'll likely want them to write for a new RA bumper, and then have the shop use a less expensive factory bumper (used).
im lost...is the insurance company just going to cut me a check for what true to form quoted me at...because my insurance company sent me to true to form for the estimate...so i would guess the insurance company will just pay true to form the cost they tell them, and i would never see the money

Old 09-06-2007, 06:41 PM
JKBrad
Old fart advice for what it's worth. Sell the extreme stuff.

When the dust settles, get a Donahoe Racing or the new Bilstein 2.5" front kit and put 35" tires on your stock wheels.

A bolt on grill guard from www.frontier-gear or another similar company might be all you need to protect the front without spending a lot and would look right with 35" tires.

Pretty soon you'll need an Undercover bed cover to lock up the stroller and all that baby stuff in, then you'll need running boards so the wife and kids can get in, then they'll want TV sceens and, and, and....

Hell, do what you want now, because you wont get a chance again until you're an overgrown kid in your 40's, like me.

Seriously though, I wouldn't go into debt to make mods. One mod at a time, paid cash in full. The truck and insurance paymant is enough.

Make a plan for how you want to mod the truck and the priortity you want to do it in. Then start working those extra hours.

Last edited by JKBrad; 09-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
see thats the thing...i want to just say ***** it and still put everything on but i dont wanna look back in a couple years and say dam, i wish i wouldnt have (this stupid wrekc is really making me think)...becasue you old farts are already through the tough parts of your lives, where you acually have to get it started...well the ball is rollen for you and i havent even tryed to get it to budge yet...my fiance has been pushin on it for a while...now that i think about it, what would have happened if the lift and tires was on during the wreck...i could have really hurt someone

Old 09-06-2007, 07:39 PM
JKBrad
Sounds like that voice inside you has already told you what to do. It's usually right.

Look at it this way. You already have a hell of a truck for a guy your age. I got married too young and never got the truck I wanted until 2001. I always settled for 2WD half tons because I had other priortities in my life.

The smart move is to leave it stock and get it paid for before you have kids and a home mortgage.

Just don't give up your truck for a mini van or SUV (unless it's an Excursion!)

Get it paid for and get her the family car.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
jkbrad...thanks for the input...u just made my decision alot easier...i actually have been staring at the EBAY homepage for the last 45 minutes...to scared to put my stuff on there...its probably been 3 months since i recieved my lift, but had to wait on the rims (backordered) and now 1 week before it all goes on this happenes...must be a sign...

Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
mikedeason
Elder User
Dude, you only live once.

I say keep your lift and wheel/tires and keep going on like it never happened.

Jusat ease of the pedal and you be fine.

Quick Reply: i need you help guys :(