Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem after rebuild install (fuel/elec)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
dj250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem after rebuild install (fuel/elec)

Hey guys I just rebuilt my motor and have been installing in the past few days. Finally came down to the end of it and tried to turn it over. Turned it over for about 10-14 seconds then decided to quit. Re-turned the ignition several times and noticed that there was no fuel pump hum. Switched tanks and still the same thing occured. So no fuel pump prime. Tried to turn it over for a second or two and then decided to call it quits because its basically a new motor inside. Ok, for the heck of it I threw on the code reader and was going to read the Key on engine off codes but the code reader just keeps beeping the whole time like everything was off. Tried to wiggle the main harness wires and disconnected them and reconnected but still no luck.

Where is the fuse box in a 89' 250?

The starter works great and the battery was charged. I must have not done something right. This sucks. Also tried hooking up a few ground terminals to the battery ground but no luck with that either. Lots of money and time put in but no start. I have to figure this out, I need your ideas. Please. What would cause no fuel pump power and no ECM power??? But it starts and all interior accesories work. I just don't get it.