Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

super cab owners I'm taking a poll on rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 AM
aerobb
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bench for me, The ability to fold it down flat to put things that you don't want unsecured in the back is great.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 456 Likes on 332 Posts
Bench seat here. It's been folded down with my tools on it pretty much since I bought the truck. I did cram one of my buddies back there once for a very short trip. he had to sit sideways just to fit his legs in.

I would remove it for the extra room but then I wouldn't have a flat loading surface like I do now.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
garyh
New User
I have the fold down bench. I mostly use it down with a 4 inch foam and furniture pad over it. This makes it up high enough to reach the ice chest and the bag of goodies when traveling. I purchased this truck new in 1975. I have had the bench down about 98 o/o of the time.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:47 PM
junkenstien
New User
I prefer the bench as you can fold it out for storage or in my case i am having a custom mattress made for my wife when we are on road trips. Yes I know there is not a lot of room but she is only 5'2

Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
bomberboat
Senior User
mine has the jump seats. don't matter to me if there in or not. no one sits there any way.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
malcolmm
Junior User
I have the jump seats in my 76. I hate them, I want a bench to put back there. I want to put some subs under one so they have a place out of the way. Will have to build some kind of bracket to make it taller. But would be worth it to me.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
DeanG
Junior User
I have the bench in my 78. I like it cause it can seat 3 midgets in case of emergency or when folded down makes a nice flat floor for my dogs. I carpeted the seatbacks so the dogs don't slide around like air hockey pucks when i'm 4 wheelin.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 PM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
Ive got 2 SuperCabs with jump seats, 1 SuperCab with a bench and 1 Supercab with the bench removed. I like the bench the best and ability to fold the it down and put stuff on it. Ive thought about replacing the front seat with some captains chairs or some other seat to give more room for the back. If you need to haul around 6 adults then you need a Crew Cab.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 AM
frty7ford
Elder User
I have the bench seat and like it it holds my grandaughter just fine and i even have room for the grocerys in the winter with the seat in either configuration.

Malcolmm JC Whitney used to have a bracket to do what you want I do not know if it is high enough but you can check it out

Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It wouldn't be hard to fabricate brackets to raise the bench seat up for speakers, etc. With camping (nights) daughter, wife & I are in the back, the twins sleep on the front seats if it gets stormy. Wife likes a hard shell around her at night, the kids have their own tents. I went to Goodwill and made curtains to close off the cab. ( Like the ones you can buy for a motorhome ) Sliding windows and a boot seal the topper to the cab.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Jonas1022
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeanG
I have the bench in my 78. I like it cause it can seat 3 midgets in case of emergency or when folded down makes a nice flat floor for my dogs. I carpeted the seatbacks so the dogs don't slide around like air hockey pucks when i'm 4 wheelin.
Same with me. Bench seat with foam backed carpet tiles glued down to the seat back. Our (then) new collie pup pulled some of it up, but not all. It's a good platform for him to lay on. He wieghed in at 100#. We had the captain chairs in front with the mega console inbetween. I took the four bolts out the held it down and he can just walk into the truck, go between the seats to his place and lay down. Makes it real handy for him and me. I don't have to boost him over into and out of the back seat!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
hemichrysler
Freshman User
77 F-250 Super Cab

Bench seat in the front

Smaller bench seat in the rear

I have not seen any other configuration so nothing to compare mine to.

RS

Old 06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
George Frasier
Posting Guru
Jonas1022 - Just a thought, get some carpet remnants that fit the "carpeted area" and set them down with small sheet metal screws around the edges. That should keep them in place and still let you take them up for cleaning or replacement. I've seen that done in p/u beds. Small 3/8" screws with flat washers.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
BCTom
Junior User
I have a '75 F250. It came originally with the two jump seats. I replaced them with a bench seat because I wanted seat belts back there for the kids.

I like the fact that it folds down flat, and the fact that when folded down, it's a little higher than the floor of the cab.

I had to weld the latch that holds the seat back up onto the cab.

The reinforcing blocks for the seat belts were already installed. I just had to pull out the rubber plugs and chase the threads with a tap and the belts just bolted right in.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 AM
ferrwrench
Junior User
79 Super

Mine has jump seats, I am looking for a blue bench, I would like the bench for my kids, 3. Was fine when I had 2 jump seats. Anyone have one?

Quick Reply: super cab owners I'm taking a poll on rear seat