General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Credit card interest rate and paying them off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i'll look into getting his book from amazon or something if it's not one that's in stores here somewhere. i've been doing the same thing that was mentioned abt paying, well i pay just over minimum, like $5 over minimum on all my cards and then i pick the one with the highest rate and pay every penny i can spare on that so it's similar to what he's saying except i'm choosing one for a different reason than whichever one has the lowest rate. either way ...

as for not using my card for two weeks.. i've gone months without using them until here recently. when what little savings i did have ran out i had to go back to the credit cards to survive the last two weeks. not using them isn't the issue.. it's not having to use them becuz there's no money elsewhere that's the issue. i work full time+ and make more than minimum wage but what i'm making isn't enough to bail me out of my stupid past doing the only thing i cld think of to do which is similar to what this guy says in his book apparently. *shrug* i'll check it out..

i know it wasn't my thread but i appreciate the info too...

Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave Ramseys book is one of the best on getting out of debt. I'll admit its still hard work to get it done. My wife & I were in bad shape when we started his plan. Once we paid off the first 2 small debts things started turning around. We started putting the amount of those small debts toward the next one along with the payment on it & it was paid much faster. It snowballs & if you really stick with it you will get out of debt. Don't look at the bill with the highest interest rate. Pay your smallest bill off first & pay the minimum on the rest. Then go to your next smallest bill & do the same adding the amount you paid on the last bill. Its gonna mean doing without some things but the payoff is freedom from debt.