2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 f-150 top speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Horseapple
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep,Railroads track cars and engines through sensors in the track,Truckers are monitored by GPS,even NASCAR (GO KENSETH!) tracks telemetry through sensors.I understand what you are saying Wrobo, and I wouldnt mind if they had tattlers in the trucks during the warranty period, but my truck is well out of warranty and what I do with it is no longer of anyones concern but mine and the occasional state trooper.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,720 Likes on 1,405 Posts
You have no right to privacy on a public highway. You really have very little sitting in you car/truck minding your own business parked by the side of the road. But when it comes to actual driving, none. You are doing something in public...

As for governed speed, it's in almost all cars now, based mostly on what tire they put on the car. By rights, Ford out to set the limiter at 75, as I'd guess most replacement tires aren't rated much over that.

Can't recall the steps in tire rating, but I think the minimum for El Cheapo May-Pop Haywire Belteds is 75.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
tdister
Posting Guru
Part of TX has an 80 MPH speed limit.

I think you'll find most replacement tires are rated for over 100 mph. The only tires the Tirerack carries that don't have over 100 mph speed ratings are a couple of snow tires, they are rated at 99. (edit: most common tires for these trucks anyway)

No right to privacy? How am I able to refuse a search of my vehicle by the police?

Last edited by tdister; 03-03-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
pukemon
Senior User
Originally Posted by tdister
Part of TX has an 80 MPH speed limit.

I think you'll find most replacement tires are rated for over 100 mph. The only tires the Tirerack carries that don't have over 100 mph speed ratings are a couple of snow tires, they are rated at 99. (edit: most common tires for these trucks anyway)

No right to privacy? How am I able to refuse a search of my vehicle by the police?
you can refuse, but doesn't mean they'll abuse. i was searched before without consent and on the police report said i gave consent.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM
tdister
Posting Guru
Right, and I don't want to get this off topic, but it is evidence that (legally) you can have some sort of expectation of privacy in the given situation of driving down the road.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Wr3ckin_Cr3w
Senior User
Originally Posted by pukemon
you can refuse, but doesn't mean they'll abuse. i was searched before without consent and on the police report said i gave consent.
what a disturbing topic

Old 03-03-2007, 11:35 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,720 Likes on 1,405 Posts
Right, and I don't want to get this off topic, but it is evidence that (legally) you can have some sort of expectation of privacy in the given situation of driving down the road.
Their ability to search your car depends on their "probable cause". You were driving fast, and got lippy about your rights, therefore, you must be smoking crack, and they have probable cause to search your car.

You can expect "some" very limited privacy in your car, but your driving on the highway is zero privacy. You can turn your headlights off and no one will see you speeding for example, but you have no right to privacy of that nature. As a result, the radar reading from the ossifer down the highway will get you stopped and issued a ticket.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:08 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
Not quite, but Ok...

This is pretty far off topic, so I let your logic slide too.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:27 AM
wrobo23
Elder User
i see what 85 is saying, and it's somewhat true. probable cause is ALL they (police) need to pull you over, search your vehicle, ENTER YOUR HOME. there are senerios where they can do this.

pull you over? they say you were swearving all over the road.

search vehicle? a little harder, but if they suspect open intoxicants or narcotics, chances are you're ride will be searched (or it could happen that you'll go to jail, they'll impound your car, and then get approval to do the search)

enter home? they think a criminal just broke/ran into your home, they'll pry rush in.

these are a little far fetched maybe, but the open container happened to a close friend of mine, the swearving to me. and i did nothing wrong, not a drink of alcohol (this was back in college, late at night so i assume they were hoping for something).

i dont know. just something to think about, because all of our "rights" have some catch to them, one way or another.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:04 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
I was replying to something that, to me, was being said to negate arguments from the first page. I know (first hand) that your rights don't always protect you, and are too often trampled, but they are your RIGHTS (which is my point).

My apologies if I read it in the wrong tone but, when read in the context of the rest of the post (#17) and it's placement, it still reads the same way.

I don't have much info (and by default much of an opinion) on the lawful facts surrounding "black boxes", taking them out, being used in court or whatever. I was just saying that the post didn't prove or justify anything because the notion that you have 0 right to privacy when driving down the road is incorrect.

I won't touch post 22 .

Now back to Landmark trying to wreck his truck .

EDIT: Jeez, after reading my post back to myself I sure sound like a jerk. Sorry about that, just wanted to clarify my position. I think I just found a new signature though .

Last edited by tdister; 03-04-2007 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 AM
pukemon
Senior User
Originally Posted by 85e150six4mtod
Their ability to search your car depends on their "probable cause". You were driving fast, and got lippy about your rights, therefore, you must be smoking crack, and they have probable cause to search your car.

You can expect "some" very limited privacy in your car, but your driving on the highway is zero privacy. You can turn your headlights off and no one will see you speeding for example, but you have no right to privacy of that nature. As a result, the radar reading from the ossifer down the highway will get you stopped and issued a ticket.
you can't expect any privacy. if you'll read my earlier post, i was asleep in my car, in a nice neighborhood, behind some restaurants, and everybody knew my face and my car there so i know nobody called the cops on me. a couple people tried to stick up for me, but the young arrogant cop trying to make a name for himself threatened them and they backed off. being poor at the time, i didn't hire a lawyer. i ended up with 3 weekends in jail for some greenery. lame.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 AM
pukemon
Senior User
I was replying to something that, to me, was being said to negate arguments from the first page. I know (first hand) that your rights don't always protect you, and are too often trampled, but they are your RIGHTS (which is my point).

My apologies if I read it in the wrong tone but, when read in the context of the rest of the post (#17) and it's placement, it still reads the same way.

I don't have much info (and by default much of an opinion) on the lawful facts surrounding "black boxes", taking them out, being used in court or whatever. I was just saying that the post didn't prove or justify anything because the notion that you have 0 right to privacy when driving down the road is incorrect.

I won't touch post 22 .

Now back to Landmark trying to wreck his truck .

EDIT: Jeez, after reading my post back to myself I sure sound like a jerk. Sorry about that, just wanted to clarify my position. I think I just found a new signature though .
"...the notion that you have 0 right to privacy when driving down the road is incorrect."

you do have 0 rights to privacy anywhere. the stories i have witnessed and heard. ever wonder how much editing they do on cops? wonder just how crooked cops are when you've smoked out with a few, or witnessed two cops chilling in a parking lot passing doobies? any rights we think have are merely an illusion when there is somebody in power and they abuse it. george bush is an excellent example. i bet there are many of us who wish we had a camera and a high powered attorney on speed dial for many situations, not just police situations. for example, dealing with a car salesman when financing, or dealership service or parts dept. privacy, much less integrity, is a thing of the past. and we have no one to blame but ourselves for losing it.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:11 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
This is what was trying to stay away from. This is getting close to, if not past, the line for this section of the forums.

I'm just saying that the statement was legally inaccurate and can't be used to justify the black boxes/surrounding subjects legality, that's it. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer.

I would love to write some more on how people unknowingly get "tricked" into giving up their rights by saying/doing the wrong things (and not knowing when to shut up), and how it is far more prevalent than cops actually infringing (though, yes, it happens) on them...but that is and not fit for this area.

Last edited by tdister; 03-04-2007 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 AM
pukemon
Senior User
sorry about that. venting. but to bring it back on topic, citizens should be able to "read" law enforcement and judicial black boxes and dealership employee's black boxes. gotta be fair! heh heh.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:44 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
You should become a Supporter. All kinds of topics to get your blood boiling in there .

I bet it would get your post count up in a hurry. ~60 posts since 01/05? You've been slackin' .

Quick Reply: 2006 f-150 top speed