Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't resist .. had to

Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Very nice! I need one of those shirts.

Could I suggest perhaps late summer or early early fall? I start college in September, then the drive doubles for me. And I'd much like to make this last one...since NE Texas is rather lame for get togethers.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:17 PM
lakerats
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where you going to school, Zach?

Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, OK.

Now...if you guys wanna do it at or around an airport in that general vicinity...I could always fly myself in...dunno how Cessna fits in with the Ford theme however! Free time in my logbook however.

Nah, whenever the next one is, I'll be there for sure. You guys had entirely too much of a good time to miss out.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Mach1
Senior User
That Dodge was Funny.

Everyone was watching it intently...

Was a good time, although next time Cody is going to have to dismount the trailer and play a little..

Thanks again Clif...

Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Clif, Thank you sooo much for putting this together. The Texas chapter has finally pulled off a meeting thanks to you. You are the man.

It was cool to see so many bad *** Fords and the people that love them. I also enjoyed seeing the faces behind the names. I truely was a pleasure to meet all of you. And thank you so much for the compliments. It definatly makes building a machine like mine worth it. Though I'm really sorry my paint wasn't more like Jasons. It would have made a better backdrop for the group pic.

Randy, as far as dismounting it from the trailer....... man, you know me better than that. I would have a nice new set of bald boggers. When I get behind the wheel of that thing, I'm like Cody Mysterio. It ain't me. I automaticly do stupid things. I have no control over it. DR would have had my sorry butt in jail in a hurry. Though he did challenge me to climb that hill didn't he??? I promise I'll keep yall updated when we go racing next. And thank god Randy that our schedules are an hour offset. Cuz you know we would be rackin' up some serious speeding tickets headed home. But I do have to say, that 6oh was sounding pretty damn strong. I can't wait!!!

Thank you again Clif and all that attended. It was great to meet you all.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:18 AM
lakerats
Senior User
Austin (my79f) -- I am sooooooo sorry! Please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies!

Of all the pictures I took the only I DID NOT get were you with your truck and me with mine! DAGNABBIT!! Karen and I DID manage to get you in several stand-up shots with the group but none with your truck.

I hope you can somehow find it in your heart to forgive me!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:03 AM
lakerats
Senior User
Ford Truck Kids may have Special Powers!

AUSTIN, Texas (PU) - In a collaborative research study between the University of Texas and Texas A&M University, physicists are at a loss to explain the lighter-than-air traits seemingly developed by the offspring of Ford Truck owners. UT Professor Otto Mieghter, in a recent paper submitted to the prestigous "Journal of International Physicists", theorized that such abilities may be an "...evolving genetic characteristic among compatible Ford-truck-owning parents".

Renown theorist Dr. Stephen Hawking, in a recent appearance before the United Nations, postulated the phenomenon is due to the natural evolution of the human race from terrestrial limitations into a bio-culture that will be able to shed ground-borne travel in favor of personal flight. He cautions however, that so far such emerging capabilities only seem to manifest themselves as long as the children do not stray more than 50 meters from a Ford truck. Furthermore, Dr. Hawking suggested the frequency and heights achieved by these gifted offspring are intensified where there are large gatherings of Ford trucks.

Supporting Dr. Hawking's remarks are the findings from recent tests conducted by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. In these studies it was found that the unusual behavior was not replicatable when the children were exposed to other brands of trucks. In fact, children introduced to the Toyota and Nissan brand of trucks actually showed a tendency to become sluggish and lethargic, scientists noted. Professor H. Pop of the Goddard Space Flight Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland cited the research: "Only when we moved the children near a Chevrolet DuraMax did they seem to elevate somewhat but not without extreme nausea and joint pain. Dodge trucks and an assortment of Peterbuilt, Mac, and International trucks also produced no results". NASA scientists vow to continue their research.

The US Department of Education, Health and Human Services, the American Federation of Teachers and the Children's Television Workshop have shown interest in the characteristic. The agencies claim independent research has shown that children of Ford truck owners excel in their studies as well as demonstrating uncanny proclivities toward sports. Speaking on behalf of the Children's Television Workshop, Mr. Big Bird said "Why, if Mr. Suffaluffagus could fly like these kids, we could stick a feather up his a..." (edited for content).

Alledging conspiarcy and genetic manipulation, Daimler-Chrysler and General Motors have filed suit against the Ford Motor Company in the 3rd District Court of Washington. The suit alledges the children were forced to consume massive quantities of synthetic lubricants which only reduces the friction between the kid's sneakers and the ground giving only the illusion of lighter-than-air abilities. Noted magician and illusionist David Blaine is also sueing Ford claiming violation of copyright and trademark laws stating "I did it first!" The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has, so far, withheld any public statement or position but is monitoring developments stating only: "The right of the children to levitate must be of their choosing. Parents as well as vehicle manufacturers should not interfere with their right to select the brand of truck which gives them the greatest amount of pleasure and satisfaction".

In a related story, the United States' Department of Defense has shown a growing interest in the military application of these abilities. Aerial reconaissance, troop movement are just two of the possibilities being examined.

To date, neither the Ford Motor Company nor members of Ford Truck Enthusiasts (www.ford-trucks.com), the world's most popular and informative Ford truck forum have issued any public statement. Following a recent picnic and meet of Ford truck enthusiasts at Mansfield Dam near Austin, an unidentified FTE Texas Chapter member said, in response to the allegations of Chrysler and GM: "Bite Me!"

Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 AM
lakerats
Senior User
Ford Truck Kids may have Special Powers!

AUSTIN, Texas (PU) - In a collaborative research study between the University of Texas and Texas A&M University, physicists are at a loss to explain the lighter-than-air traits seemingly developed by the offspring of Ford Truck owners. UT Professor Otto Mieghter, in a recent paper submitted to the prestigous "Journal of International Physicists", theorized that such abilities may be an "...evolving genetic characteristic among compatible Ford-truck-owning parents".

Renown theorist Dr. Stephen Hawking, in a recent appearance before the United Nations, postulated the phenomenon is due to the natural evolution of the human race from terrestrial limitations into a bio-culture that will be able to shed ground-borne travel in favor of personal flight. He cautions however, that so far such emerging capabilities only seem to manifest themselves as long as the children do not stray more than 50 meters from a Ford truck. Furthermore, Dr. Hawking suggested the frequency and heights achieved by these gifted offspring are intensified where there are large gatherings of Ford trucks.

Supporting Dr. Hawking's remarks are the findings from recent tests conducted by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. In these studies it was found that the unusual behavior was not replicatable when the children were exposed to other brands of trucks. In fact, children introduced to the Toyota and Nissan brand of trucks actually showed a tendency to become sluggish and lethargic, scientists noted. Professor H. Pop of the Goddard Space Flight Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland cited the research: "Only when we moved the children near a Chevrolet DuraMax did they seem to elevate somewhat but not without extreme nausea and joint pain. Dodge trucks and an assortment of Peterbuilt, Mac, and International trucks also produced no results". NASA scientists vow to continue their research.

The US Department of Education, Health and Human Services, the American Federation of Teachers and the Children's Television Workshop have shown interest in the characteristic. The agencies claim independent research has shown that children of Ford truck owners excel in their studies as well as demonstrating uncanny proclivities toward sports. Speaking on behalf of the Children's Television Workshop, Mr. Big Bird said "Why, if Mr. Suffaluffagus could fly like these kids, we could stick a feather up his a..." (edited for content).

Alledging conspiarcy and genetic manipulation, Daimler-Chrysler and General Motors have filed suit against the Ford Motor Company in the 3rd District Court of Washington. The suit alledges the children were forced to consume massive quantities of synthetic lubricants which only reduces the friction between the kid's sneakers and the ground giving only the illusion of lighter-than-air abilities. Noted magician and illusionist David Blaine is also sueing Ford claiming violation of copyright and trademark laws stating "I did it first!" The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has, so far, withheld any public statement or position but is monitoring developments stating only: "The right of the children to levitate must be of their choosing. Parents as well as vehicle manufacturers should not interfere with their right to select the brand of truck which gives them the greatest amount of pleasure and satisfaction".

In a related story, the United States' Department of Defense has shown a growing interest in the military application of these abilities. Aerial reconaissance, troop movement are just two of the possibilities being examined.

To date, neither the Ford Motor Company nor members of Ford Truck Enthusiasts (www.ford-trucks.com), the world's most popular and informative Ford truck forum have issued any public statement. Following a recent picnic and meet of Ford truck enthusiasts at Mansfield Dam near Austin, an unidentified FTE Texas Chapter member said, in response to the allegations of Chrysler and GM: "Bite Me!"

Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
lakerats
Senior User
Sorry for the duplicate post. I tried to delete it but the server was too slow.

Apologies to the group.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
johntucker09
Elder User
nice read, clif...lmao...

Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Jason Lewis
Posting Guru
Thanks for the complements new parts comming soon Front/Rear Swaybar,
Hedders, Checkmate Lowprofile Bedcover.

Clif the picks were great i like the view that shows all the trucks from a distance

This is the cover i am going to get

http://www.checkerpro.com/hardcovers.html

Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Mach1
Senior User
Clif, excellent article for the 'lighter then air'..

Cody, I hear Ya on the dismounting it from the trailer, mayber when we have a meeting at my house/shop we can dismount it and have a blast out there, you would be able to flip it where I live. thanks for the complements on the 6-0..It is a good truck with no problems except the fuel pump assembly. It has stock programming and NEVER has been even flashed.

Since a number of people drive the 7.3's, I guess I am going to have to get the 2000 together and start bringing it to the meets, I know I can take most gauges as I have 9 aftermarket's installed.

Clif, if we do a run next time or in the future, can we make it some type of fuel economy run as well. this would just add to the effect of the meet, I am thinking..

There is some good people in the club, I hope it continues in the future..

Thanks guys..Had a great time, GLAD I came out..

Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Blue Dog
Junior User
Idea for next event?

Good one on that Dodge! It gave me the laughs I am going to show that to my Dodge friends. We have an rivalery going on here.
Ahhh...my wife is going on an "Texas Bluebonnet Quilt Hop" in March. This is where she will be "hopping" from one store to next that deals with quilts. There are nine stores in all and they present an grand prize, 2nd and 3rd prize for people who goes to all nine stores to fill out their
"passport" with stamps of each store. Each store also has their own prize drawings and provides food, drinks and free stuff.
I just had an idea here...just an idea...why not do an similiar thing and we could "hop" from sponor's stores or shops in the area to check each place out, get some prizes and have some food and drinks from each sponors? Just an idea....Comments?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
lakerats
Senior User
What's up? I can't see Jason's or Bluedog's posts!

Quick Reply: A "DAM" Fine Start! -- Post Picnic Wrap-up