Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Is this truck a good buy????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 AM
gembat
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Is this truck a good buy????

1994 F-350 7.3 Turbo Diesel, IDI
5" lift, 35" BFG's, Exaust, Radiator Misters, Engine driven compressor, Full Stereo w/amp, goosneck/5th wheel, 150K miles, Custom conversion seating, extra guages(turbo...ect), gear vendors, 2 fuel tanks, Mint condition.

Also includes an "in-bed" camper in mint condition all wired together.

$12,000

I was feeling really good about it and was going to pull the trigger. I even withdrew the funds. Then I educated myself about the Powerstroke engines and now am rethinking the whole issue. Any advice would be appreciated as I was supposed to buy this truck this week,

Thanks, Todd

Old 02-08-2007, 05:04 AM
dave2
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to see someone pass up happiness based on a few opinions. If you are willing to invest the 12k, you should be able to risk a hundred or so on a good preinspection from a good garage of your choosing (not Sears or Walmart and not one that the seller recommends). If you've got that opportunity, and it passes (can you get a history if it was wrecked or not?). I'd say load up your goodies and go camping. Everybody is going to have an opinion on the price ( If I had 12k to play with, I'd buy a real economical car to drive everyday and a real uneconomical truck to play with) but you are the only one that knows if you can do it comfortablely. Good luck. If you get it, post pictures so folks can turn green.

Dave

Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not very well versed with diesel's but my brother has a 97 powerstroke and he's quite a wiz about it. He would be a great source for information on whether or not that truck is going to be a good buy. Unfortunately he doesn't frequent this forum, but instead he spends A LOT of time (too much) at the diesel stop.

His name over there is PSDFreak so feel free to send him a PM or shoot a post up on the boards. Also I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you emailed him at psdfreak@aol.com too. Hope he can help ya out!

-Chris