1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 250 PSD SC Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
jsikora
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 06 250 PSD SC Brake Problems

I have a 06 PSD SC 4X4. Currently I have 22,000 miles on the truck. While out of town last week I heard a squeling noise from the brakes. I took it to a local dealer who said the brakes were shot, and not covered under warranty. I called my dealer and was told the same thing.

Tonight when I got home I crawled under the truck to check out things, heck my last F250 had 65,000 when I traded it and never touched them. I pulled both front wheels and all was great. The last rear I pulled of had the pads down to the rotor. I went and grabed a new set of pads as I need to use my truck tommorrow. When I took apart the brakes I noticed 2 ring type discs that appeared to go on the caliper pistins. What was wierd is the pistons appear to be ceramic. they are all corroded and was a slight PITB to get back in the caliper. I got the new brakes on and it appears to work.

To me this appears to be an issue with 1 caliper, Is this correct ?? I plan to call my salesman in the morning, but was curious if anyone had had this issue. I could see if both sides were like that, but all of the other 3 wheels look like new.

Thoughts ? Idea's ?

Jeff in NY

Old 01-27-2007, 12:12 AM
roundrobin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Here is a reply to another thread on this problem. I blew a calliper all to heck. Sounds to me like the same problem. Fords are notorious for bad brakes, I now find out:

2006 F350 HD CC Diesel. I cooked my brakes after only 4000kms on my new truck. A calipper came appart on the driver's side. We were towing a 5th wheel at the time. We had to stop and cool the brakes down, every 20 miles while going down a grade.
Ford replaced them under warranty, but the new ones don't feel as good as the originals. I feel as if I don't have adequate braking. Can't explain why. The test drove the truck and said it was all fine.

Does anyone know if there are after market oversized brakes that one could install on the F350. I mean brakes with rotors that would dissipate heath better and also a higher grade of calippers and pads.

Best regards

Al