1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Neighbor Mad, Doesnt want me parking my truck in front of his house...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:15 PM
plance1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Racing
Have a sign painted on the door that faces his house that says

Dirty Dicks Hotdog's

"Bite My Dirty Dick"

Then at least he can complain that it is a commercial vehicle
Dude, you just made my day and gave me a good idea. I thought about writing something on the truck (its old, I dont care what it looks like) but I wanted it to be funny, not mean.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:25 PM
plance1
Freshman User
Originally Posted by RCrawler
I own a house in a subdivision (2 car gar, 2 in the driveway and RV parking), and have 13 cars in various states of repair/ disrepair parked around my house. I have 3 cars parked on the street, all of which are running, licensed and not eyesores (except for maybe my beater DD Saturn with the odd color 1/4 panel).
I would never park in front of my neighbors house on a permanent basis. I feel bad when my car trailer is hooked up and I am over their property line for even a couple of days.
Yes the street is public access and anyone is legally within the law to park anywhere that is not posted otherwise. But there is an unwritten rule of keeping on your own section.
The guy probably went about it the wrong way by telling your girlfriend and not having the walnuts to talk directly to you about it.

If it is going to be down for a while, rent a storage unit. There are some places that even offer outside storage for stuff like boats and RV's that are cheaper than an enclosed space.

Even being the resident junk collector around my neighborhood, I would be a little PO'ed if that was parked out in front of my house on a regular basis. Especially if it doesn't run at all now. I would ask you politely a couple of times to move it or do something with it. If it wasn't taken care of, I would hook a chain to it and drag it in front of your house or down the street where you couldn't find it.

Jason
I think a couple of you guys are missing my point. This has nothing to do with quantity. For the neighbor, its visual quality. This place is like Leave it to Beaver land or the Truman show. Anyone making under 6 figures a year is looked down upon. There are joggers and dog walkers at all hours of the night, the place is some sort of suburban utopia and I stunk it up with the "Big Dawg" as my truck is known.

What if this was the only vehicle I could afford? The guy would have the same objection. There have been times that this was my only vehicle!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:53 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by plance1
What if this was the only vehicle I could afford? The guy would have the same objection. There have been times that this was my only vehicle!
Then you should want to keep an extra close eye on it by parking it in front of your own house on a regular basis.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:54 PM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And if it was your only vehicle, would it be in your drive or in front of his house? You know, he might not have a problem with your truck if it was in front of your house. Seems then it would be close to you anyway. Personally, I'm a live and let live kind of guy. I don't give a rodent's rump what my neighbors do and I expect them to return that courtesy to me. Part of that is I don't impose myself on them. Were that my truck, it wouldn't be in front of someone else's house. You have to admit, that's a rough looking truck. Were I to leave it on the street, I'd at least try to get it to Maaco or Schibe.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
plance1
Freshman User
Guys, guys, guys. It doesnt affect his property values, its not on his property. You guys are going soft on me. Maybe I didnt clarify this earlier so I will now. I dont have a driveway, otherwise I wouldnt bother this guy at all. I have to park some where on the street with this truck.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fix the motor and do a Darrel Waltrip in his front yard, don't touch the Toyota part though. ick.

I'd try to be as neighborly as possible, but he threw that out the window by calling the cops.

I had a situation such as yours, a neighbor that I never knew, parked a 95ish v6 Camaro in front of my house, out of state plates and a puddle of coolant under the thing for about 8 months. I never could get the police to give me any info, I just wanted it out of there. I never saw the owner, and never could get a hold of them. Finally, I took a tow rope and latched onto the sub frame and moved it down the block to an empty field. I was probably a little intoxicated when I decided to do it and after a few days and tow truck was there to pick the car up. Haven't seen it since, I think they got the message.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:20 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys, guys, guys. It doesnt affect his property values, its not on his property. You guys are going soft on me. Maybe I didnt clarify this earlier so I will now. I dont have a driveway, otherwise I wouldnt bother this guy at all. I have to park some where on the street with this truck.
You have a home I take it, and I'd imagine there's a stretch of road running in front of your own home . . . so why not park it there? True, it doesn't affect his property value. True, it's not ON his property. But at the same time there's such a thing as common courtesy. If you park in front of someone's house now and then it's no biggie. If you leave your truck in front of someone else's house all the time it's an eye sore (and that truck is . . . sorry to say it). That is not courteous, just like if I were to dump a steaming pile of manure on the road in front of your home . . . it's not affecting your property value and it's not on your property but it's not really a neighborly thing to do.

It seems to me you posted up here hoping everyone would agree with you. Whether everyone does or not wouldn't make a difference either way. You are within your legal right to park in front of his place. But examine the local law closely because if you left your junk in front of MY house like that I'd place a call and have it marked and then remind the city how long it had been there. Then they'll store it for you to save you the hassle of finding room for it . . . for a nominal fee of course.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:27 PM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What's wrong with the area in front of your house?

No one's going soft on you. There would be a difference if the truck was on your property or parked in front of your property. Everyone here would be 100% behind you. But by leaving a rough looking vehicle in front of someone else's property is going to cause hard feelings. Sounds like the neighbor didn't handle it in a manly way either. Had he come over with a 6 pack and asked nicely he might have had better results.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:01 PM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe try parking that thing in front of your own house or on your own private property since you clearly know that you are pissing off your neighbor and you are quite clearly doing it on purpose just to get under his skin. Good neighbors are a true asset and if you for some reason don't quite understand that now give it some years and it'll all make sense (hopefully). It's so much easier to get along with folks rather than to go out of your way to make enemies.

Last edited by Torque1st; 09-23-2006 at 12:45 PM. Reason: See post alert sent.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:01 PM
T18skyguy
Elder User
What's the matter with visual quality or Leave it to Beaver? You might be lucky enough to have it some day. Your painting the neighbor as a ***** when I would venture to say most people would call the cops first before confronting someone they dont know who might want to get physical. The guy might like old trucks but his might be in the garage where it belongs. If that truck is there all the time IT DOES affect his property values. Any eyesore lowers the value of property.

Last edited by T18skyguy; 09-22-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:03 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
I had the same sort of thing EXCEPT
When I lived in California we lived up in a cul d sac and the only people who could see the truck was who lived up there
3 of them were never home and one could only see it when he walked to get his mail
so my dad and I had the hood open over night, the next morning we were awoken by the city knocking on our door telling us that the truck that was right in front of our garage door was an eye sore to the neighbor whom could only see it when he walked to get his mail and that it had to be closed because it was a bothersome

....no NO ONE at all but him when he walked once a day to get his mail could see it, and at that it was there for ONE DAY!! ONE DAY!

yea my truck was an eyesore but when it is in a cul d a sac up on a hill that the only people who could see it lived up there and it was one day over night we had it up....
now THAT is stupidity on that retarted neighbor
but now I live in washington state on 7 acres and i park my truck whereever the HECK i want :-)

Old 09-22-2006, 11:22 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Where in cincy do you live? You should put some twin 8 inch exhaust stacks on it and call it the Queen mary in memory services she provided in the river

BTW ive seen your truck before, and in no-way would i change it.

Last edited by F2504x4; 09-22-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Purely Ford
Elder User
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

The property value and eyesore connection is understandable to a point. But, an eyesore is in the eye of the beholder. We also have the other side of this where the focus on anything eyesore-like has become an obsession. At that point we can no longer just be human beings and get along anymore. This point has been crossed in my opinion when you have become an enemy with your neighbor/s because you are convinced they are causing your propery value to drop with something that is perceived as an eyesore. Look! No homeowners are given any guarantees that their property will have increased in value or have maintained desirability when it is put up for sale!

If you are not planning on selling, then you aren't losing anything because the value you perceived to be losing really only exists if you actually sold your property. This sounds a lot like when companies show losses and really didn't lose anything, but simply didn't make as much profit as they projected. By this logic I am losing millions each year!

Old 09-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
About parking

This thread shouldn't even be in this forum

It should have been parked somewhere else like GC or GAD

I have had to deal with My neighbours and their friends for years at 4 different places where I've lived.The last place had a medical clinic 4 doors down and people parked in front of our 6 houses instead of parking on the empty and unused ....other side of the street.It was nuts all day long. Go to the store and come home 20 minutes..and couldn't park in front of the house..in fact had to park 2 /3 block away and carry groceries. I finally petitioned the city for a "Need a Parking Permit to park there permit" for that side of the block.

But I'm also the kind of guy that will move my car off the street and park it on the driveway if a neighbour needs the space for a friend or family member for a few days while they visit or if someone is having a get-together.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:28 AM
plance1
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ivanribic
You have a home I take it, and I'd imagine there's a stretch of road running in front of your own home . . . so why not park it there? It seems to me you posted up here hoping everyone would agree with you. Whether everyone does or not wouldn't make a difference either way. You are within your legal right to park in front of his place. But examine the local law closely because if you left your junk in front of MY house like that I'd place a call and have it marked and then remind the city how long it had been there. Then they'll store it for you to save you the hassle of finding room for it . . . for a nominal fee of course.

You're lost. Yes, I would think that people on this board would agree. I find it amusing to listen to everyone say, "well, he's got a point, ya know"...

He really doesnt. You can't use police as pawns in some little silly disagreement you have with someone over the looks of their vehicle. If it was a brand new audi and I left it there for a year the guy would not be complaining. As I have stated, the gentleman has multiple spots in front of his house, so he can't claim I am taking all of his parking, especially since he has a garage that he puts his cars in. He also has a driveway. I dont have a driveway. I already explained why I don't park it in front of where I live so Im not going to restate it, you just have to read my posts before commenting, "hey, why dont you park it in front of your place."

I know what the law says as I have already recited it previously and therefore I know I am not doing anything wrong.

Quick Reply: Neighbor Mad, Doesnt want me parking my truck in front of his house...