Econoline Vent Window Help Needed Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
BuffDaddy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Econoline Vent Window Help Needed Please!!!

Greetings All:
On my 63 Econoline pickup, the top of the vent window has a rod that fits into a bracket, (missing bracket on mine), that fits into a slot on the window frame. I have the rod thingy on my vent window but not the bracket it fits into.
Does anyone know what you call this piece and where I can get two of them?, one for each side. As I said, I have the rods, just need the brackets that it fits into. Looks like the brackets just clip into that slot in the window frame??

THANKS in advance for your help in this matter, hope someone can point me in the right direction.

BuffDaddy

Old 02-01-2006, 04:07 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you talking about the vent window pivotingpin on the top aboout a 1/4 of the way down towards the front? If that is the case, the pin fits into a metal bracket that is welded on to the vent window frame I beleive. You may have to find another vent window brackets and change them over. Someone else may be able to elaberate more than me at this time.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:54 PM
BuffDaddy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The vent window frame has a slot in it where the bracket for the pivot rod fits. It does not look like the bracket is welded, it looks like it fits in that slot on the frame??

BuffDaddy

Last edited by BuffDaddy; 02-01-2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-05-2006, 09:59 AM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I checked my trucks here. The bracket is held with 2 screws. It is a flat plate that goes into the metal of the window frame. Attached to the plate that is screwed to window frame is a bucket that the rod slips into. I have no real name for it except vent window pivot sleeve. You will probally need to find a wreck that this is still on. and remove the vent window.