N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Our jobs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:17 AM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dog,
What part of OR are you from? I grew up in Redmond & spent some time in Portland before moving south.
gw

Originally Posted by AnOldDog
I also work for a semiconductor company, and also am a transplant from Oregon. Sounds like a couple of us might just work for the same company.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
fyre82
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After 23 years doing the wildland fire thing, I "retired" to the Emergency Command Center. Got promoted to the ECC Battallion Chief last July.

Now I really get to tell folks where to go and how to get there . . .

Oldfords, (tim), you do the Fed or NDF thing down there? I though I sensed oldfiredog in there somewhere.

Cheers

Rich

Old 01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bryyce62
What part of OR are you from? I
I lived in Hillsboro for about 10 years before moving to the Sacramento area.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:05 PM
spudly55
New User
Sorry Dave, no disrespect meant.

Most long term door gunners I've run into were either AF or Army. There are days and times I miss it, the wife doesn't though.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 AM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I looked for work in Sac when I first moved down here, couldn't find any.
Been at an analog semi co. in San Jose for 22 years now. I'm one of those fools that commutes from Tracy every day. That's ok, I can have my boat in the water in 15 minutes from the house...there's some BIG bass in the delta

How is the engine project going?

gw

Originally Posted by AnOldDog
I lived in Hillsboro for about 10 years before moving to the Sacramento area.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:03 PM
comertrucks
Junior User
I worked as a millwright at the local lumber mill for the past couple years and just took the electrican apprentice opening there. Worked in the woods a couple years and before that in a tire shop for about seven. Someday would like to be driving one of those log trucks hauling into the mill.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:25 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Originally Posted by bryyce62
How is the engine project going?
The beast lives. The engine is complete. I am missing that durn little spring clip that holds the throttle linkage to the carburetor, but I'll find one. Maybe one of you guys has an extra? I ordered two different part numbers from bronco graveyard, but they were both the wrong part.

I'll find something.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 PM
GeorgiaJune
Junior User
I am a student and work for Dun, dun, dun... An auto insurance company in Sacramento! I am new to this site and already have learned a ton!

Old 02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
H2oRodeo
Freshman User
While I don't get to fly around with a large firearm ( by the way, much respect to you, I have a lot of family/friends serving) I do get to shoot my mouth off on occasion. I'm a DJ on a radio station here in Reno. The job is fun, but I used to get paid to sail boats here and there ( mostly in the S.F area) I miss being outside and working with my hands,etc. Luckily I have my Superduty and a buddy with a Diesel shop in town that I get to work with and get some "wrench time" in on the weekends.
Hey "AnOldDog" you race sailboats? The conflict in may wouldn't be the Vallejo YRA season opener would it? That's where I'll be!

Last edited by H2oRodeo; 02-07-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:11 AM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Originally Posted by H2oRodeo
you race sailboats? The conflict in may wouldn't be the Vallejo YRA season opener would it? That's where I'll be!
I race beach catamarans. Our fleet sails on all the larger bodies of water throughout northern California. Roughly a rectangle from Lake Davis to Bodega Bay, south to Huntington Lake and Santa Cruz. For this kind of sailing it is good to have a motorhome (ford truck based, of course).

Old 02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
H2oRodeo
Freshman User
Ahhhh, WET boats! Sounds like fun. I've got a buddy here that has a cat that we take out on Lake Tahoe, TONS of fun. We race our peterson 46 on the SF bay and in the YRA ocean races during the summer. If I'm not wheelin' or towing my 65 Century resorter to the lake, I'm on the water under sail! Glad to meet ya! Hope we can get a meet together for the site.