Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Does Ford Really Know

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:41 PM
beeglej
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Does Ford Really Know

I realized that my ecu was not working and causing CPS to be fried after 20 to 30 miles. So I searched online to find a replacement. I found one site that linked me to many salvage yards and remanufatures. One called me and asked me a few questions to find out which ecu I needed (There is something like 10 different ecu's). The guy recommended calling a Ford dealership and giving my vin number to them to get the right part no. for the ecu. The guy at the place remanufaturer said that the no. didn't sound right because it was for a manual transmission vehicle and mine was a automatic. So I pulled the unit out and got a completely different number.

So I don't know what they were thinking anyway I am losing more and more faith in Ford Certified Service Garages cause they were the ones charging me for CPS's and not getting it right. And the mechanic friend found the problem in less than an hour.

Oh, well sorry for just ranting I just needed somewhere to let off some steam.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Which PCM are you looking for?

Old 10-15-2005, 09:08 AM
beeglej
Junior User
I don't remember off the top of my head but it was something like f81z-bk I'm not positive because all this happened about a week and a half ago. I already have the new Computer in my truck.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
roaky81
Senior User
I feel your frustration with finding a good trust-worthy garage/mechanic. It's like finding a good doctor. But when you do, it's golden.