6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Starting my New 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
cool. glad you found out your problem

Old 09-05-2005, 08:11 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh great. Time to enjoy the truck. Good Luck

Old 09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad you get to enjoy the beast now. But I'm a little puzzled. If the dealer had a security device on there that was still active, which I'll be honest, sounds like an old school flat-plug system, why were you able to start the truck at all? And is this "dealer device" still installed in your truck?

Old 09-05-2005, 11:00 PM
dieselpwr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking that too but I was such in a rush to get in and out that I didn't even bother asking. It was a square plug that plugged under the steering wheel, and I really dunno why I was able to start it and go in the first place?
He took the little square plug out and replaced it with another so I'm guessing he disabled it.
Maybe If you have the key it starts only on the 3rd try? I don't know but If I get a chance I'll ask a service tech next time I stop in.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:22 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
That is a flat-plug, and as you found out they're useless. Did the dealer charge you extra for that? It would be listed on the window sticker as a dealer added option. It would probably be listed as a security system, or something like that. Not to be mistaken with the "Advanced Security Group," which comes standard on Lariats. By the way if nobody told you, the security in Advanced Security Group has nothing to do with the vehicles security. It's for personal security i.e. turns on headlights and domelight, locks & unlocks doors, and has a panic button, but doesn't protect the truck itself. There is no starter kill or intrusion detection that will sound an alarm.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:49 PM
dieselpwr
Senior User
The truck diden't come with the security system, they just left the plug in and engaged. He had to come witht he remote, hit unlock, then remove the plug. They offered me to buy the kit but I declined as I will be getting a better alarm system with built in remote start in the future.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
I can't believe some dealership's are still trying to pull that crap with those cheap pieces of junk. I'm glad you knew better. Once you have that remote start it's hard to believe you ever lived without it. Enjoy the new ride, these things are a blast. Oh! And one final tip. Try not to let your neighbors catch you standing outside staring at your new truck at all hours of the day and night. For some reason it begins to make them nervous. Well, at least it made mine nervous. If they only knew.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:19 AM
dieselpwr
Senior User
LOL thx a lot for the kind words. I love the truck, its great! I'm following the break-in rules from this site.

Tommarow Im gonna take it to an empty parking lot (as stated) and go through each gear individualy and letting do some engine braking to go along with the break-in.

One question I had was should I wait till 500 or 1000 miles before I start to add
Diesel Kleen to every fill-up?

Old 09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Sorry, I'm good with electronics and suspension, but when it comes to these engines I'm still to ignant to offer advice on that. Do a search for additives in this forum, then grab a cup of coffee and prepare to read 'till your eyes pop out.