1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Thinking of starting over with another Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 04:53 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since we both know the shortage of affordable qualifed repair help in the greater Denver area, it becomes obvious which choice is right. This entire area is full of overpriced,over-promising, under-delivering "pro" shops that would love to keep your truck hostage for years . That leaves us with the fly-by-night wantabe body shops. The only thing left is learn to do it yourself. That being said the best thing to do is minimalize the need for major tin work. The rest is easy and you get to drive it to check it out even more. And yes, I am familiar with the majority of the players in this area, same story, different address. Good luck....

Old 08-09-2005, 01:09 AM
JoeSwing78
Senior User
I had the same situation come up with my current truck. I seriously shopped around for a decent 55 (also considered 53 and 56) F100s for about 8 months before I purchased the one that I did. Afterwards the money started adding up from the different things that I started doing. I also found some others that were cheaper and very drivable. After really thinking about it, the difference was that with this one, I AM doing it the way that I want to as opposed to an instant daily driver that was someone elses. I passed up some pretty good trucks that already had IFS, decent engines etc.. because they had so much of the owners personality in it already it just didn't feel right. The one I picked up was being forgotten, and not driven so in a (lame) way I feel like I rescued her and am going to get her back to prime condition.

It definately helps to have alternate means of transportation, so then you can take your time and save up if need be to get other things done. Thats why I waited so long to get another truck. My last one I had when I was 20 and now I'm 27 but it will get done in the next year or so (at least thats the goal). Good luck with your project, but if you definately feel like you could find something more drivable and the cost is a factor... sell your project and get the daily.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, guys my 57 is on ebay. Item 4567599111. If anyone is interested. She does run, but I will have to get a battery for the new owner. I am now trying to convince my wife that getting the other truck I found before mine sells. Wish me luck. I know I am not giving up on the old trucks.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:42 AM
JoeSwing78
Senior User
Good luck on the sale, I hope you end up with a ride that you are really stoked about!

Old 08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
I looked at yoru 57 on ebay. It has a chrome grill! Does the other truck have a chrome grill? I have only seen 1 in the Memphis area and if I could have got the owner on the phone, I would have bought it.

Does your 57 drive?

Old 08-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Yes, It runs great. My truck is the one with a few night pictures, and the grill is chrome and in pretty good shape. The passenger side outer ring has a gouge but other than that it is nice. My truck is item #4567599111. If you woudl be interested in knowing more email me at randallstutz@comcast.net

Old 08-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Whoops didn't think about the spiders. my name is randallstutz, and I use comcast internet which has a .net designator. You should be able to email me from that.

Broomfieldbum

Old 08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
"If I understand you correctly yo are saying you want to buy the truck and send me more than the agreed price. The additional is for the shipper who will pick up the truck and then I will pay the shipper. If this is correct I would be willing to do that." From eBay question.

This is an scam that has been around for months. You cash the MO or Cashier's check at your bank, It is from overseas and they verify the check and you release the funds and transfer title.

Weeks later your bank notifies you that the MO was bogus and you must make up the funds - you lose your truck and more money on top of that.

Turn this guy in to eBay and see how quick they ban him - several sellers have been taken by this sort of scam. Check his feedback and I bet you will find his name is new.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Goobzilla
Elder User
Originally Posted by Broomfieldbum
Whoops didn't think about the spiders. my name is randallstutz, and I use comcast internet which has a .net designator. You should be able to email me from that.

Broomfieldbum

This isn't THE Randy Stutz from Ranum High is it??? If so you'd better get a hold of me. I haven't talked to you in probably 15+ years.

Last edited by Goobzilla; 08-10-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Okay, I looked again, and found your name in your profile. I just saw your sister, and your Mom at the reunion. How are you man?? I see you are restoring a 55. I am more into the Fridges.

Broomfieldbum

Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Broomfieldbum

Broomfieldbum
You can contact each other through e-mail by clicking on the poster's name and choosing "Send e-mail to ....". Once the other person receives the e-mail, your address is available to them for replies. This is the safest way to exchange e-mail addresses without letting the spammers get hold of them. I hate spammers.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:10 AM
merc546
Posting Guru
broomfieldbum

It sure looks like you have been contacted by two con artists. If I were you payment would be by postal money order for the sale amount only. The shipping and it's cost would be the buyers concern. Be careful.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Yes, I have been playing this one carefully. I don't want to openly tell this person that I won't sell it to him, but at the same time I will not do it except in a way that stacks the deck for me. Even eBay warned me about this guy.

Broomfieldbum

Old 08-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Smile Sold my 57 Fridge

Hey Guys, I sold my 57. I got what I wanted for it and the guy who bought it, although he is a Darksider, looks like he will have it running like a top in about a year. If anyone hears of anyone selling a drivable 53-60, that I can pick up, and it is still stock, drop me a line the 60 I was looking at went for more than I could afford. The closer to Denver the better.

Broomfieldbum

Old 08-14-2005, 12:11 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
You got an excellent price - I was afraid you would be down around $500. Great auction. Sorry you missed on the 60, but shopping is fun too. Now you know what to look for!

Quick Reply: Thinking of starting over with another Truck