Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Can't Steer

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 01:48 PM
kylej
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Steer

While driving my 04 Lightning last night I went to turn a right corner and my steering wheel locked up part way through the turn. Needless to say it really caught me by suprise. My reaction was to really turn hard on the wheel which gave way with a clunk which sounded and felt like it was in the column. After that the steering turned very sloppy and unpredictable. Fortunatly a Ford dealer was just up the street a little ways so I drove it quite slow there and left it at the service dept. Have not heard back from them yet as to the problem and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this happening. Thank god I wasn't on my favorite twisty road and was goin slow in town. Anyone? Thanks, Kyle

Old 05-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Milwaukee
Senior User
Did you hear back from the dealer. What was it?

Old 05-18-2005, 06:06 AM
michael429
New User
i thinmk you should call the dealer (if you have not gotten it back) and ask them if they figured it out find out there price and then find out a price from an auto shop and find the cheapest price for the job and take it.