Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

12volts that's all I need

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
hatemyescape
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12volts that's all I need

I own a 04' ford escape 4x4 xlt, it also has a 6 disc stock deck in it. I am installing 4 infinity kappa speakers with a lanzar vibe amp. The problem I have is hooking up the amp, I can't find the accessory wire or whatever wire the amp needs to hook up to the stock deck. If anyone can tell me what that wire is or a good site that has wire diagrams for my deck that'd be great. Personally I'd love a diagram, but telling me what the wire is will work too. So please help a 21 yo out thanks.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a couple of ways you could go on this, but the easiest would be to get a test light and go through the wires on the radio harness and the one for ACC power - meaning there is power when the key is on, but no power when you turn the car off.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
hatemyescape
New User
see, I don't have a test light I don't know how much they cost. and what's the ACC power, is that for my air conditioning. I'm sure you can see that I'm a newbie with not much money.Rent and all, kinda expensive. would I be able to get a test light at an automotive store.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Testlights run about $5.00 at any Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc. There is really nothing to them. They look like an ice pic with a bulb and wire attached. You hook the wire to a ground in the car - a bolt somewhere to the frame - and touch the tip of the ice pic to a wire. If the wire has power on it, the bulb will light up. WIres like speaker wires and grounds will not light up.

The ACC is for the Accessory Part of your key/ignition. When ever your key is in and the car is on, the amp will get power. Whenever you take the key out, the amp will turn off and not run the battery down. I have not taken the 6 disc out of my wife's Escape yet, so I don't know which wire to tell you to use. If you can give me a day or so, I can test them and give you the color wire you need to use.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:04 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
How are you running the speaker wires to the amp for input? DOes the Lanzar have speaker inputs, or are you having to use a converter?

Old 01-12-2005, 06:47 PM
hatemyescape
New User
it has speaker inputs I had to get 2 inverters to adapt the rca connections to the harness

Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 PM
hatemyescape
New User
4 channel lanzar vibe so I had to get 2 rca inverters.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:05 PM
hatemyescape
New User
sorry 2 inverters at the deck

Old 01-12-2005, 10:10 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Sounds good. Just make sure you get some quality inverters or you will have static...

Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
hatemyescape
New User
mine costed 30 dollars each, so I spent some money on them. Got them from bestbuy. I shoulda returned them and got the sale price to get some money back. they went on sale the next day cause of 3 day's before xmas sales that everyone has.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:58 PM
hatemyescape
New User
Originally Posted by CobraXP
and touch the tip of the ice pic to a wire. If the wire has power on it, the bulb will light up. WIres like speaker wires and grounds will not light up.
does it have to be bare wire or will it work over the insulation.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:11 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
You have to touch the wire itself, not just the insulation. If you unplug the radio, you can test the wires by touching the pins in the harness plug. That way you don't have to punch holes in the insulation.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:50 PM
DoctorCAD
Senior User
$1000 for stereo stuff, but no electrical test light or DMM???
You are just asking to fry something. It is a big job to install good quality stereo stuff.
Be very careful.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
hatemyescape
New User
my friend wired everything up for me, he does that for a living. I've hooked stuff up before, just that I got kicked out of my house so all my tools are still there. So I'm doing what I can with what I have.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:09 PM
hatemyescape
New User
I found the wire and I had it right, for future reference on an 04' escape 6disc cd changer the accessory wire is orange with a green stripe. should be on the end of the connector