1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered some fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Black88GT
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered some fog lights

My 99 did not come with any, so I ordered a set. Im wondering how hard they are to wire up. Id like to have them go on and off with the headlights, but Im not sure where to start. I tried a search, but It didnt really help me with the install process. Any one added them to their truck? Are there holes in the bumper for them, or will I have to drill? Thanks for the help guys.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:50 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
Can't help you with directions, but where did you get them from, my 2000 didn't have them either

Old 01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Black88GT
Elder User
Originally Posted by stutterstan
Can't help you with directions, but where did you get them from, my 2000 didn't have them either
I ordered them from Kar Kraft

Old 01-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Black88GT
Elder User
anybody added them?

Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM
CyberJay
Senior User
I want to order them for my '04 as well.. Here's how I was planning on wiring them... I was going to try and find a relay that had two triggers, and connect one to the low beam line and one to the high beam line. I could just connect it to the running lights, however I have a plow and I do not want the fogs to come on when the plow is on the truck. I'll tap into the plow's harness so that when the plow lights are on and the headlights are off the fog lights will not come on.

If I can't find the relay I want I'll connect a normal relay only to the low beams, I don't use my high beams much being in NJ, there's ALWAYS oncoming traffic.

Sorry I can't provide you with colors and locations on wires, I can post back after I get my foglights and install them if you don't have it done by then.. but I reckon it'll be pretty easy.

-Jay

Last edited by CyberJay; 01-11-2005 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Black88GT
Elder User
Thanks for the help I got them today, and see I need a wire harness or something to plug into the light. Im sure ford would have it, anyone know of anyother place?

Old 01-13-2005, 09:43 PM
CyberJay
Senior User
Junk yard? I'm going to try my regular parts store.. hate to give more money to the dealer. I actually ordered my fogs on Tuesday from Kar Kraft after reading your post here the first time. I can't wait.

Did your's come with bulbs? What bulbs do you plan on running? I'd like to try one of the 9005/9006 headlight bulbs but I'm concerned about melting the housig. I don't think it would melt it, but I'm not willing to risk it unless a few people reply that are doing it and having no problems.

Good luck!
-Jay

Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Black88GT
Elder User
Yea, they came with bulbs, although Im thinking of silverstars or something. The only draw back with these, is they dont say FORD on them. They told me they were the real deal though. The lenses are plastic, I was thinking they would be glass. I got the headlights too, so I want to match them up to some ford ones just for piece of mind ya know. Good Idea on the junk yard, Ill call around.
-Dave

Old 01-14-2005, 12:31 PM
f2fitty
Junior User
88, I purchased a kit from the local Ford dealer. The kit includes both lights (Hella with glass lenses) both brackets, wiring harness/switch, zip ties, relays and instuctions. Installations is pretty straight forward. With my discount (sometimes its who you know) I paid $246. This is a nice kit and the lights are awesome. Dealerships will usually give you a discount of some sort if you're nice. I can't vouch for all of them. Good Luck. If you decide to do and have any questions, shoot me an email.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:45 PM
MassBassin
New User
anyone know what kind of power the stock fog lights draw? i was thinkin of cuttin out my rear bumper for a set of back up lights. and i really like the light thrown from the fogs, its either those or the piaa 1500s.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Black88GT
Elder User
Originally Posted by f2fitty
88, I purchased a kit from the local Ford dealer. The kit includes both lights (Hella with glass lenses) both brackets, wiring harness/switch, zip ties, relays and instuctions. Installations is pretty straight forward. With my discount (sometimes its who you know) I paid $246. This is a nice kit and the lights are awesome. Dealerships will usually give you a discount of some sort if you're nice. I can't vouch for all of them. Good Luck. If you decide to do and have any questions, shoot me an email.
Wow, thats a little disapointing news. The guy I talked to said this was the same exact product Ford sells. Im a little ****ed. I wondered when It didnt have the Ford logo on it. Thanks for the help

Old 01-14-2005, 10:00 PM
BigRedSuperduty
Freshman User
I got a pair on ebay for $75 new. I pulled the bumper off my 99 and trust me there is no way to mount them. no holes no brackets nothing. the 01 and newer must have brackets since they have crash bars. I ended up mounting them upside down drilling a few holes and there close but not perfect. havent wired them in yet, but as for back up lights my tow harness had one labled back up so i just came off the harness.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:20 PM
CyberJay
Senior User
Just recieved my fog lights from Kar Kraft. I was really anxious to see what they looked like. So here's what I see.. They're plastic, but they seem fairly well made for plastic. For $89 I got lights, brackets, and bulbs. No wires, no relays, no switches. For the record I wasn't expecting anything else, I'll have no problem wiring something up.

I see the brand Valeo Sylvania written on the lense and the mounting bracket. I searched and found that this company is an OEM type lighting manufacturer. I tried to see if I could find anything indicating that this is the company that supplies the stock fog lights on the superduty but I could not. I did find their name on a suppliers list for the '05 F150.

I'd reckon there's a good chance these are what the truck would have come with. But I'd like to hear from anyone who has better info. I'm gonna go take a good close look at another SD next time I see one with fog lights.

-Jay

Old 01-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Black88GT
Elder User
Originally Posted by CyberJay
Just recieved my fog lights from Kar Kraft. I was really anxious to see what they looked like. So here's what I see.. They're plastic, but they seem fairly well made for plastic. For $89 I got lights, brackets, and bulbs. No wires, no relays, no switches. For the record I wasn't expecting anything else, I'll have no problem wiring something up.

I see the brand Valeo Sylvania written on the lense and the mounting bracket. I searched and found that this company is an OEM type lighting manufacturer. I tried to see if I could find anything indicating that this is the company that supplies the stock fog lights on the superduty but I could not. I did find their name on a suppliers list for the '05 F150.

I'd reckon there's a good chance these are what the truck would have come with. But I'd like to hear from anyone who has better info. I'm gonna go take a good close look at another SD next time I see one with fog lights.

-Jay
Jay, I doubted at first, but I came across 2 f250s today and they had the exact same lights I got. I was so happy! I dont know were these guys got glass fog lights, but on the ones I saw today were plastic and from the factory. I was even shocked that the real ford headlights dont say Ford on them. Two thumbs up to Kar Kraft

Last edited by Black88GT; 01-17-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:58 PM
CyberJay
Senior User
Sweet! Now I need to figure out when I can get these puppies installed. It's COOOLD here all of a sudden.

Any ideas on the install? Did you do your's yet? I looked at my truck for like 5 minutes(it's 19° right now) and it seems like maybe pulling the grille would be the easiest way? Hope I don't have to pull the bumper.

-Jay

Quick Reply: Ordered some fog lights