Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Cleveland Ohio meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 07:33 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, mine runs 33's and is big. But I can play in the snow.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:35 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
my new rig is non-Ls rear end but I can get it around, okay tires on it....we are getting 5-10 inches of snow coming tomorrow, so i'll find out how well it does.....but come spring spring I should have my mud-bug up and going

check out the 4x4 offroad forum for more info onit....hint...its my old truck coming back to life minus alot of sheet metal...plus a few goodies....

anyways next sunday would be better for me....

Old 12-21-2004, 08:42 PM
NeoCowboy
Senior User
The main thing I am thinking is that if someone gets stuck we may need a winch. If we go on the sugar trails there is likely hood of getting stuck if you hit ditch wrong and is to far to get one of the big tractors out. If we go in his back field he is sure he can get the doser but we are going to check it out to see how big the sapplings are. He is going to check with his other grandpa about going out to Troumble, there is some good mud there and lots of tractors to pull you out but I'm not sure his grandpa would approve of the horseplay even though he dosen't grow anything in the fields anymore.

Anyway, if all goes good the next two days I will have a chance to take his sleds out to the three spots and give a better estimation of the difficulty.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:16 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Sleds actually sound more fun!! Got extras!?

My 250 doesn't mind the mud, but has stock running gear so I'm not up for gnarly stuff...yet. But easy trail stuff would be cool. I mean, I won't be disappointed just to meet up w/some of you even if it's just at Plank Road Tavern (I forgot about that place).

Even if only one or two guys want to get into the nasty stuff (provided we find some) the rest can certainly encourage

Randy

Old 12-22-2004, 04:35 PM
DJChunter
Junior User
Im out.. my 300 decided she doesnt need oil press anymore and has a really bad knock now.. barely runs.. i have a good running 360-390(not sure what it is) if anyof you guys are interested.. $500 firm for the truck and motor..
Dave

Old 12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
We have a good amount of snow here. But, i am still game for a weekend get together, even if it is just to meet and eat. Dennys, Bob Evans, IHOP, etc.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:53 PM
84-250
Posting Guru
i'm still up for a meeting

Old 12-25-2004, 10:29 AM
NeoCowboy
Senior User
Well, We have well over 2ft of snow and maybe more. I have to use 4wd to park in my parents driveway becuae of how little was plowed. I'm still up for meeting and probably have some friends that will want to go and hang out too. The weather is supposed to be good but very cold so meeting will be easy. We can try off roading if everyone can stand the cold but stuck isn't going to be as fun. Me and my friend had to pull a cavelear out of the mall parking lot becuase the kid driving thought he should baja to show off for his girlfriend. We figured it was christmas eve so we should do the right thing and pull him out.

If we want to do a meet and greet and only some people want to try going 4wheeling that is cool to I have the week off so let me know and we can try to get out there.

Old 12-25-2004, 03:48 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
get out where? When?

Old 12-25-2004, 04:10 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Sunday, Jan. 2nd Plank Road Tavern, Montville, 12 Noon?

I'd just as soon prefer someplace non-smoking, but there isn't a whole lot of anything out the Montville way. However, no one else has even suggested an alternative meeting place...

Does everyone have Friday off? I'll suggest that as an alternative meeting day.

Thompson or C****** may be alternate meeting places, but Neo' mentioned the property we'd have access to is in Montville.

My suggestion is to have this ironed out by, say Wednesday. If anyone has any alternative meeting places (it seems it's going to be near the C******/Montville region), alternative day or anything else now would be the time to bring it up for everyone to talk about and consider.

Otherwise, I suggest we make tentative plans for:
Sunday, Jan. 2, Plank Road Tavern at 12 noon.

What do you guys think?
Randy

Old 12-28-2004, 01:24 PM
NeoCowboy
Senior User
I can meet everyone there. But I am going to be leaving to go back to Dayton that day too so I don't think off-roading is going to happen, and if we arn't going to do that it dosn't have to be out this way but I sure wouldn't mind only have to drive half a mile. For all those that don't know Plank Road Tavern has typical Tavern food but I haven't had anything there that I didn't like. Also people of any age can come in just not alowed to drink.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Ford Louisville
Junior User
Originally Posted by 84-250
i'm around the cleveland area, i hope you have a winch and alot of patience cause my one wheel drive sinks pretty easily.
it'll still be nice to meet some guys/girls from this site
I've been making the trip north (from the Newark, Ohio area) for the past several weeks to haul salt (for Arms and Stanley trucking out of Burton). Places like Wickliffe, Willoughby, Eastlake, C******, Middlefield, turnpike at Richfield. Pay per tonnage is REAL good so I don't mind getting up at 0100 hours plus I get a load back home that pays REAL GOOD.
Loading mostly at Morton at Fairport. Where abouts are you? My wife is from the Bath/Richfield area, she went to Revere High........along time ago. (Jeffrey Daubmer is also an alumni, class of '78, )

Old 12-29-2004, 07:48 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
I don't have to be at duty, until Monday. So, Plank Road or anywhere in the Cleveland area is fine.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
84-250
Posting Guru
im from brecksville, i live right on the county line split between summit and cuyahoga.
im still up to see any of you guys
whats the exact address for the plank rd tavern so i can mapquest it

Old 12-29-2004, 08:30 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
I am in Beachwood. just up the road.

Quick Reply: Cleveland Ohio meet