Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Virginia Chapter Logo Contest

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 06:41 PM
yomow
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look's Good , could you put the flag in the truck bed ? It might look pretty cool like the truck is carrying the flag. With the way the flag, is blowing in the wind !!!

Don

Old 01-02-2005, 08:00 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Lightbulb well i have two of em now

well i have two logo ideas now. This one didnt get much responce:

,but i think this one will be a bit better:

so whatta ya guys think?

Last edited by MonsterBroncoKid; 01-02-2005 at 08:02 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 01-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Those look nice! I wish I could contribute, but I can't use those graphics programs too well

Old 01-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Rory Goggin
Senior User
I like the second one very much!

Old 01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Fat&Bald
Senior User
What Min\max size does the logo need to be? Any logo looks good when it's big but if it's going to be used for relatively small stuff like window stickers around 3-4" then there can't be too much detail. May be best to keep it simple.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Rory Goggin
Senior User
Well, I've got to admit, I wasn't thinking so much of window / bumper stickers as I was thinking of T-Shirts - and some of us ARE broader than others, eh?

Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Fat&Bald
Senior User
Some are broader and others may be downright FAT but whatever the logo ends up being it should be legible when reduced to the smallest useful product. I haven't looked to see what the other chapters are doing but small size stuff may include a window sticker or even letterhead. Just a thought...

Old 01-16-2005, 04:11 PM
afinepoint
Laughing Gas
If there are any plans to have the logo be used for making money then I think we need to ensure that those outside of the ford truck/truck community like it as well. Having anything too specialized may exclude non members.

Reg

Old 01-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
This is my first attempt at this, but I felt I had to submit something. Would be nice to have an extra logo to choose from

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 01-16-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:57 PM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Talking wow

well i thought my ideas might hit the nail right on the head, but frankentruk's there blows mine out the water....lol i think we should make a bumber sticker just for you bud. you know so you can reap the benefits of your design....(and to spare us the chevy guys snickering)..lol

keep workin at it cap'n

Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yessir! And thats me driving the SuperDuty too You know I would wear that bumper sticker with pride

I'm laughing so hard from your responce, tears are starting to form

Old 01-16-2005, 11:14 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Ohio chapter member dropping by...

MonsterBronc...

I like your second option, I think you're on the right path with that one!!

And, I apologize if I offend anyone in this chapter (not my intent) as I'm not from here and don't know you guys. I'm also the last guy to rip anyone for making a legitimate effort, but I just HAVE to ask...

Franken...did your kid design that logo? That resembles most of the artwork outside my kids classrooms!!
-Randy

Old 01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
God help me if I ever have any kids! I'm only 21, don't hex me

Seriously, I don't know how to use any computerized paint programs, but I wanted to contribute SOMETHING, so. . . viola That was %100 hand drawn with a mouse, in paint, and with a bit of a stab at humor in it. If someone wants to give me a run down in Photo shop ( I have access to 7.0), I'd be much appreciated. Or if you guys can take scanned hand drawings, I could do that as well. Unteel den ,it dun get much bedder den dat

EDIT: Just 1 more post till I hit 500!!!

Old 01-17-2005, 06:31 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Ok, then #500 can be a reply to this:

Start 7.0 (first, d/l the 7.0.1 update!) Then, start a new file (say 500 x 500 pixels at 300dpi)

On the left menu hit the T for text and type whatever you want in (i.e. Virginia Chapter).

At the top will be option for size, style, etc. (I'm @ work and trying to do this from memory, so excuse the mistakes). There is somewhere to click near the top of the main window to open up the Font menu. It will open with all the text options (spacing, italics, etc. etc.)

Once you have it sized and placed, open the layers window on the right. You will see Background and either Layer 1 -OR- Virginia.... (or whatever you typed). Right click on that (Layer 1 or X...) and select Blending Options. Another menu comes up where you can do so much stuff w/the lettering your head will spin! Experiment! Drop shadows, pattern and gradient overlays as well as beveling have some dramatic effects. Also, you can arc the text and other things from the menu at the top of the main window (when the T is selected in the left menu).

Check out the Ohio Chapter logo for some ideas (This link goes to the Ohio Chapter store). We have two logos. If you look at the shirts, you can see two different ones. If you click on the shirt you have the option to 'view larger image' which should show you the logos.

Or, go to my gallery, but while those are close, they are not the final versions

http://www.cafepress.com/OhioFTE

Btw, has Ken seen your graffiti on the FTE logo? For some reason, the people in the trucks remind me of the Dead Milmen song "Taking retards to the Zoo". I don't know why, it just does...

Randy

Last edited by RUNVS; 01-17-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Woo!! 500!! I guess its time for me to sign up with Club FTE

Thanks for that quick tutorial on Photo Shop, I will have to play around with it once I'm caught up with my math homework And its not graffiti, its art (thats what they tell me). Though I do beleive that disqualifies it from being the chapter logo. I'll need to remember to erase the little guys before the vote

Now Bow before your Elder user!! Muahahahahaha