I need to know???!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 02:21 PM
JohnnyTapia
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to know???!!!!!

Ok first of all I have no I idea about PI engines and whatever else there is out there. I do know that I don't like the 4.2 V6 that I have in my 99 F-150 now. I crave speed and power and well.... honestly this engine does not do it for me. I would like to know from you guys/gals out there that really konw your stuff what is the biggest and baddest engine that I can put in my truck, keeping in mind that I would still like to retain my manual trans!!!!!!! It is a 99 F-150 XLT ext-cab flaireside. I want to make this a nice hot fast truck. I already have the body and interior together. The engine is the last thing on my list!

Please help

Johnny

Old 08-13-2004, 01:34 AM
drewcoolness99
Elder User
how deep are your pockets? Were you lookin for EFI or carb?

Old 08-13-2004, 07:51 AM
JohnnyTapia
New User
what is the difference? EFI or Carb? I am looking to put a bigger engine in whether it is EFI or Carb I don't know! Explain it to me please!

Johnny

Old 08-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally do not know what motor will mount to the tranny you have now, so you will have to wait and hear from one of the experts. What are your mechanical/electrical skills? EFI is a fuel injected motor, a carb is for a regular carburetor engine. Sounds like you may be better off selling your nice truck and buying a Lightning..

--Mike