General Automotive Discussion

Fender Bender!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:37 AM
jaydez
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey, if you need a parts car, a buddy of mine has an 80 or an 81 delta 88, white with a blown headgasket. he said the motor was a 307 or 308 or something. its white and needs a good washing cus its sat for a year.

he just wants it hauled away. its up here in CT.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:23 AM
ElStuddo
New User
Originally Posted by jaydez
hey, if you need a parts car, a buddy of mine has an 80 or an 81 delta 88, white with a blown headgasket. he said the motor was a 307 or 308 or something. its white and needs a good washing cus its sat for a year.

he just wants it hauled away. its up here in CT.
Thats ok. The price of gas going ALL the way up there and back here to tx. would pay for it all. Thanks anyway.

Old 06-30-2004, 12:28 AM
90ebbronc
Elder User
Hang on to the Olds, they are no longer being made. So that may or may not make the value go up.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:44 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I doubt it really makes any difference on the value. Plymouth is the same, but I don't see it being anything to change the values. The parts are out there, and once you find them, likely cheap, as the demand is low.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:09 AM
99 ranger bob
Elder User
the last time i had a claim like yours they tried telling me that a new motor and trans are there to make the car running its not more value UNLESS its a high preformance motor or somehtiong well beyond stock and documented. Your car will prolly be rated at about $500-1000 for transportation value. they will then deduct any other damages on it rust etc to get an actual cash value and then finally they will determine the damages caused in this accident whiche ever isless they will offer. you could reject it and go to curt but from what youve said i bet these people will start trouble for ya

Old 06-30-2004, 09:14 AM
dhermesc
Posting Guru
After that, as I took the picture here, her boyfreind, or someone in relation came up and told me... "Youre not suppose to be parked across the street from the driveway!"..
So with that reasoning you shouldn't even be able to build a HOUSE across the street from an existing home. WHAT a [edited]. Usually my reply to that kind of c*** is "Got a law degree there Einstein?", or in this case "You're also not supposed to let idiots drive motor vehicles".

Old 06-30-2004, 02:29 PM
ElStuddo
New User
I got a estimate..Yes its going to need a 'new' fender.... And its going to be in the ball park of $350 to $500.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:07 PM
DainBramage
Posting Guru
You don't have a location listed, but I'll throw this out anyway..
First, is that an 83 Delta 88? I've owned quite a few of em, just a guess based on a few things..

Second..

If you want a Olds, I got an Olds for ya. Matter of fact, I'm declaring an Olds liquidation sale, I need some space in the yard.
There's the 84 Delta 88 Royale 2 Door
the 83 98 Royale Brougham 4 door
the 78 Cutlass w/ 455.
You pick how big a boat ya need...

Yeah, I have too many tanks..

Third, you spent $3000 on a 307 block?????? WOW! I'd have re-powered with an Olds 350, and done it for a LOT cheaper, and not suffered much in mileage.
307's, while a tough, dependable motor, are pretty anemic, and not exactly desireable.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:58 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
the law states that the driver of the vehicle being backed up is to be sure that the path they intend to back through is clear and free of motorists and or pedestrians. Furthermore the operater of any motor vehicle is to be aware of their surroundings and deem it safe to proceed with their operation only after properly looking around their vehicle. They are to be in control of their motor vehicle at all times, failure to maintain control of your vehicle that causes damage is the fault of the driver of the vehicle in motion.

Case closed

Old 06-30-2004, 08:50 PM
ElStuddo
New User
Originally Posted by DainBramage
You don't have a location listed, but I'll throw this out anyway..
First, is that an 83 Delta 88? I've owned quite a few of em, just a guess based on a few things..

Second..

If you want a Olds, I got an Olds for ya. Matter of fact, I'm declaring an Olds liquidation sale, I need some space in the yard.
There's the 84 Delta 88 Royale 2 Door
the 83 98 Royale Brougham 4 door
the 78 Cutlass w/ 455.
You pick how big a boat ya need...

Yeah, I have too many tanks..

Third, you spent $3000 on a 307 block?????? WOW! I'd have re-powered with an Olds 350, and done it for a LOT cheaper, and not suffered much in mileage.
307's, while a tough, dependable motor, are pretty anemic, and not exactly desireable.
I have the situation under controll. Many thanks Actually, the motor was $1300, just for a long block. The rest was for other parts and labor. It really came to $2500

Old 06-30-2004, 08:51 PM
ElStuddo
New User
Originally Posted by james's f_1_fiddy01
the law states that the driver of the vehicle being backed up is to be sure that the path they intend to back through is clear and free of motorists and or pedestrians. Furthermore the operater of any motor vehicle is to be aware of their surroundings and deem it safe to proceed with their operation only after properly looking around their vehicle. They are to be in control of their motor vehicle at all times, failure to maintain control of your vehicle that causes damage is the fault of the driver of the vehicle in motion.

Case closed
Ill show that to the small claims judge just in case...or whoever.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:41 PM
ElStuddo
New User
Its all settled. Got $750.00 claim ... And a early BODY SHOP estimate of $400.00. Now to see what other good estimate I can find. I might as well find another fender from the salvage yard, and put it on, and save even more.