Computer Chips & Tuners  

Superchips 6.0 Microtuner Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:58 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by bighoss550
would u be able to plug in a predator or throw on a 6 gun and compare on the same dyno? that would be nice. i just want to see dyno and track sheets for all of them, on the same truck, w/ the same driver, on the same day.

im not askin u to do anything ur not allowed by superchips to do, tho just thought if u had it on a dyno and there "happened" to be a predator that "accidentally" uploaded to the truck, it may show the scmt is better
To have one competitor, test another…..head to head……….on their equipment...O-BOY that would not go over very well. Think about the ramifications of that one.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:03 AM
bighoss550
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
To have one competitor, test another…..head to head……….on their equipment...O-BOY that would not go over very well. Think about the ramifications of that one.
it was just a thought, thats all. i said i was gonna do it, vic saidto be patient, so i mentioned it.....sorry if i stepped on toes.....

Old 06-23-2004, 08:09 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by bighoss550
it was just a thought, thats all. i said i was gonna do it, vic saidto be patient, so i mentioned it.....sorry if i stepped on toes.....
no stepped on toes.............hum, good english.

snap-pop-wooooossshhh would be the sound of that can of worms opening.
I really do not know how any manufacture could do that.........there might be a way.....I just do not know of it.

Now head to head by a privateer……….

Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 AM
bighoss550
Posting Guru

Now head to head by a privateer……….
i am gonna do this sometime. i want to know!!!!

Old 06-23-2004, 08:53 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet they ALL do those comparisons....
but they are just never published :-)

Haven't u heard of one car manufacturer buying a competitor to take it apart :-)

(yeah, sometimes it's the company too, but I was refering to the cars this time :-)

Old 06-23-2004, 09:08 AM
bighoss550
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr

Haven't u heard of one car manufacturer buying a competitor to take it apart :-)

(yeah, sometimes it's the company too, but I was refering to the cars this time :-)
ya, im just very agitated w/ all the hype that comes w/ advertising.

i just want to see the figs. everyone that makes a product should be forced to test under a level field and just show the #'s. if they are making an inferior product, then so be it. make a better one. instead we get this "fleecing" crap.

this is not intended toward vic or anyone in particular.

Old 06-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster

What they don't do is publish inferior data. The make hundreds of runs with different trucks to find one they can publish. Read carefully what is being said and you will find the answer there.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Kingondubs
New User
Originally Posted by 2cobras
Will the Superchip tuners be able to be upgraded like the Diablo sport?Thanks Vic for all your info , I appreciate your help.
The Superchips does not have the capability to update online their tools online for the end user to do.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:02 PM
mattsf250
Elder User
so,,,,,,,,,,,,, what ever happened to this test ken was going to do? dyno's, drag racing utilizing the same truck, and both tuners?
we heard, "next week" and whatnot.........

were the results bad, and thus sc or diablo not happy, and did not want those results posted here????

i am VERY curious about that!

not to mention, tim you were going to have a big writeup about stock exhausts, muffler deletes, cat backs, and turbo back dyno figgerz with egt and whatnot.......where is that story? i know i am not the only one axious to hear!!!!

Old 06-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Deuce33
Freshman User
Well got 2 more days to go before I am back in the US of A , the best place in the world. I have been reading threw some threads and i get excited about being reunited with my Baby (yes my truck not the wife)

I read all these thread about Preator , SCMT , Banks , Bully dog , and other . But the only thing that need to be seen is that we are very lucky to have all this great toys to play with and compare to the Jones to see who’s is bigger better and faster . . . Where I work overseas all we have are Diesels no gasser to be seen around any where, let me tell you these thing run like a log going up hill

Well get to the point, at work the Clients are always asking for charts on our data we provide kind of like a DYNO CHART.... wink wink . .. ... I am willing to buy a Predator to check the seat of pants feel ... . if it is better just try to get ride of the SCMT .... I am in the process of sending off for an upgrade and have to pay to ship it to them ..... 8 bucks ..... hey a kid in Africa can eat for a week on 8 bucks..... Well it would disappointing to know that we can not upgrade without paying or buying a new module to have the ability to change the tire size and sort ...

Well Vic has shown us customer support even though it is on his free time .... but on the other hand maybe the predator doesn’t need any customer asst. department ....

Well this is all in good opinion and being away from my baby ,, I know once i get in here she will make me smile , ,and the SCMT will make me change my mind from all this gossip and hearsay ... who need numbers when you got the seat of you pants meter ... a very calibrated tool..... enough talk from me <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

<o></o>

Thank to all who reads and express their opinion against my own...you can do this we live in the USA .... remember to thank a soldier and a VET when you see them ...<o></o>

<o></o>

Old 06-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mattsf250
so,,,,,,,,,,,,, what ever happened to this test ken was going to do? dyno's, drag racing utilizing the same truck, and both tuners?

were the results bad, and thus sc or diablo not happy, and did not want those results posted here????

not to mention, tim you were going to have a big writeup about stock exhausts, muffler deletes, cat backs, and turbo back dyno figgerz with egt and whatnot.......where is that story? i know i am not the only one axious to hear!!!!

My dyno run with the predator is on my gallery for all to see. Diablo should be very happy.

Old 06-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Kingondubs
New User
I can back Vic on the flash statement ...
even though the flash took something from us...
the gains that you can get from the Diablo and I presume the Superchips FAR outweigh the losses...

The Diablo with +100HP is crazy fast in this heavy a vehicle...
less than two second 60 foot on street tires is GODD, and if in a 8K lb truck it's GREAT!
I can only salivate over what +150HP would do ?!?!
let's see, that's 33% MORE than the Diablo ?
220 ftlb of torque is not a LOT more than Diablo's claim of around 200 though...
I would think @ 150 you'd be higher ?

but no matter, come on Diablo, step up to the plate and raise the bar again :-)
Come on...We all know that The SC hp ratings are at FLYWheel, I have not seen the SC tuner out power the Diablo on any dyno...with same truck and no mods added. Why should Diablosport BS about their #s when they are exact #s they advertise ...(which are at RW hp) LETS GO SUPERCHIPS WHERE ARE THE DYNO SHEETS...STILL HOLDING OUT.. I want to see a tune on their tool ..A tune that they sell...NOT A CUSTOM TUNE THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE THEN DYNO ...one that the END USER CAN BUY WITH OUT sending it in to get. WHERE ARE THOSE #s.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:13 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by mattsf250

Please take me to where I wrote that

Old 06-23-2004, 04:50 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Tim - That's what a wife does to you.....

Says you promised things you didn't even THINK !!!

S, see, YOU'RE the lucky one :-)

Old 06-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
See Tim - That's what a wife does to you.....

Says you promised things you didn't even THINK !!!

S, see, YOU'RE the lucky one :-)
So THAT is what she has been doing! All along she had me convinced that I just forgot!

Quick Reply: Superchips 6.0 Microtuner Thread