6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Thoughts on the 6.0 installed in the E-series

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:50 PM
racerman_27410
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on the 6.0 installed in the E-series

This is my first diesel- I have noticed a lot of diesel experience on this forum so i thought i might pick some brains about having a diesel engine tucked so tightly into the engine bay ( if you can call it that ) of my E 350 Van.

i really like this van- it seems to have been built especially for me - HVAC contractor who spends a lot of time driving- it has power everything,tilt,cruise , some kewl forged alum rims and is averaging better than 15MPG with less than 1500 miles showing.
i want this van to be a keeper - especially for the way it hauls my enclosed trailer - but am concerned that the excessive heat trapped inside the engine compartment is going to cause premature failure of some important engine components

even after the engine has been off for awhile (an hour) i cant stick my head under the hood without almost incurring sauna trauma.

am i just being paranoid ? i know diesels are heat oriented but how much is too much? should i install an underhood temp sensor?

to my understanding the 04 model is the first year of the 6.0 in the E series 9 thats why i am here searching for answers)
they had to do something with the left side exhaust manifold and the obvious relocation of the main oil filter element to underneath the truck but other than that i didnt even know this engine existed until i walked back onto my local dealer lot and saw 2 vans being unloaded- after driving and buying one i found this site.

i want the truck to last so i can install some of these cool HP/torque mods you guys are doing even though the truck totally embarresses my old 5.4 gasser in all areas of performance.

thanks,

Frank