Attention All 57 - 60 F-series Owners for the Registry

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM
fourby4
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Registry

Thanks Col

I recently bought a pretty decent 1959 F100 short box, 223,4 spd, etc . etc.

Anyway I recently discovered this site, and the found this link which appears to have started in 2004... so I read thru the entire thread hoping to find the Registry, with many pics and a lot of info..... but alas only found a dead link with a warning from my McAfee when I finally arrived there.

Chuck

Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fourby4
Thanks Col

I recently bought a pretty decent 1959 F100 short box, 223,4 spd, etc . etc.

Anyway I recently discovered this site, and the found this link which appears to have started in 2004... so I read thru the entire thread hoping to find the Registry, with many pics and a lot of info..... but alas only found a dead link with a warning from my McAfee when I finally arrived there.

Chuck
4by

I just a Net Search & came up w/ this working URL.

LOVEfords - 1957-1960 Ford F-100 Registry

Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Cyruscosmo
Senior User
Sorry for the long post, it's a long story ;-)

26 years ago in 1982 I first saw this old Ford trucks nose sticking out of a hedge of black berry vines. I should say I saw an old truck because I had never seen one of these before and did not know it was a Ford. I could make out the cab, windshield and the front of the driver door but the rest looked like a hill of vines. At the time I was into Mustangs and was actually going to a place down the road from where this truck was to pick up some parts for my 1967 Mustang. As I was headed home I stopped and asked the old guy who was out front tending his garden what kind of truck it was, because I was curious. Turns out it was/is a 1959 F100 4X4 and for sale. There was no sign in the window but John smiled and said someone who would give it a good home would wander buy sooner or later.

My little brother Michael was turning 16 this year and wanted a "Big Ford Truck". In his words "I want a truck that looks like a TRUCK not a snotty lil rice burner that can barely haul a skateboard". Oddly he wanted an older truck because he said the new ones all look like they are made of tin foil and have no personality. He said plastic and crome are for toys NOT Trucks

So I get home and grab my other brother James and we head out to look at the old truck and after talking to the guy who's name was John we decide that this might very well be the "Big Truck" that Michael would like. Next on the list was Mom, we brought her out there and found out John was from Iowa where Mom grew up and it took the better part of three hours for the conversation to get back around to the truck. So we decide this will be Michael's 16th birthday present. But when we tried to pay John for the truck he smiled and said giver her a good home. He said he bought the truck from the original owner in Iowa in 1962 about the time I was born just before he moved to Colorado where he worked until he retired and moved to Washington in 1970. The truck was his daily driver until he lost his license in 1978 he could no longer pass the driver tests but was happy playing in his garden. The truck still had it's Colorado plates because he had not driven it much since he retired.

My brother James and I came back the next weekend and cut the black berry vines away from the doors so we could get the cab open. We literally chased the field mice out of the glove box and had a wonderful time persuading the wasps to move to another home. I brought tools a battery 5 gallons of gas and wiring tools. I had no idea if this truck would move or not so I was ready for anything. After hooking up the new battery and filling the fuel bowl with fuel through the breather tube James turned the key and she fired up like the last time she was on the road was yesterday. I about got run over because she was in granny low and the clutch disk was rusted to the flywheel. James got her stopped a few yards out of the vines. I could not believe my ears the idle was spot on. We shut her off and pulled the clutch cover and worked the clutch loose and fired her up again. That’s when we discovered the fuel pump was toast and the line out of the tank under the cab was rusted through. We had a few more lil problems to solve before we got it road ready again but over all she was a beauty.

Michael was in tears he was so happy to see this Huge Truck that was a Ford and a 4X4. The next couple of months were spent getting everything working for the state patrol inspection. Here in Washington if the tabs are out of date longer than 10 years it all has to be run through the system again. In 83 she was back on the road as a daily driver to school for Michael. A few changes over the years saw her get a black mask that Michael and James painted on themselves. The original I6 got changed over to an odd looking V8 with the exhaust running up over the water pump, I thought someone had lost there mind on that one till I seen my first pictures of the Y blocks, go figure.

Michael drove that truck for years from camping trips to a road trip to Northern California. He brought his first child home from the hospital in it and had ALL of his first accidents in it. He would neither confirm nor deny with a huge smile that he and his first girlfriend christened that truck as well. After his second child and buying a new home he parked the old girl for a couple of years. With children to raise and work he needed something a little more practical for kids. In 1995 he decided to restore her to like new condition. He had a shop to keep her in and a lil time here and there to tinker on his 16th birthday present. We got her torn down and started collecting parts needed for the restore. I found a 60 out of California that had a bunch of good parts including an original I6. I traded some work for it and added it to the parts pile. I welded up some rust in the cab and we started putting her back together.

There were many weekends we would talk about old times and what he wanted to do with the truck. What he wanted her to look like which was pretty close to what she was when he first got her. He said he wanted to be 89 years old and driving this old girl just like John. In 1999 Michael died in a car accident. His rear tire blew out on a corner and he lost control of his 96 Dakota. She sat in his shop for another 5 years before I could bring myself to even look at her. Every part cleaned and primed reminded me of my little brother.

3 years ago his wife asked me if I would like to have Michael's old truck. I was not sure I was ready for that but I knew I could finish it for him. So for the last 3 years I have been undoing the damage done for sitting in an unheated shop for 5 years. It was mostly surface rust and mouse holes and the like but she is back on track now.

The frame has been totally blasted primed and painted black. The axles front and back are rebuilt painted black and mounted with new springs, shackles and U bolts. The engine, clutch and transmission are all rebuilt painted and remounted in the frame on new rubber mounts. The transfer case has been rebuilt painted and remounted. The cab is back from Alternative Blasters and in my shop at work waiting for what little rust it has to be fixed. I have the original wiring harness all working and had some wires I added to it and ready to be installed.

I have been taking pictures but have not sorted them as of yet. I am at work now and will post the tag info as soon as I can.

Scott

Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
fourby4
Freshman User
Col,

Thanks for the info...

Also quite a story from Scott.

I am probably going to post a new topic so I do not get off track on this one.

I have many questions regarding changing my 4 spd to a 3sp w/od.

Thanks,
Chuck

Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 AM
nanny3
New User
Just got a Ford F100 It was made in Oakville ontario It is on the stamp plate in the glove box. It has a different Vin system
6991018YK-58608
Trim-04 Paint-1VV
axle ratio 3.70
F100 118 5000 3.L/D

Old 05-09-2010, 08:56 AM
krazirbar
New User
any one still here

is there any still here to run the registry? if so i will put my info for my 59 f350 napco 4x4

Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Krazirbar

Don't know if the registry is alive and well or not? But always glad to hear conversation about the "fridge" trucks. Besides my 58F100 I've also got a 48F1 and that's mostly the topic for me, so its nice to learn of others like yourself.

Tom

Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 AM
60 F100 4X4
New User
Here's my info

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ictureid=22777

I am currently installing a 351w built a little "Vic Edelbrock want's all my money" it is 4x4 dana 44 front with a dana 60 rear with a NP205 transfer case and I converted from bench seats to powered buckets from a 2000 GM 2500 and put in a highway 15 wiring kit from American Autowire. Also I went power brakes and power steering courtesy of the CPP yota kit. Hope thats enough info

Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 AM
bill henry
Senior User
60 f100 how do you like the cpp yota kit. Was it ease to install.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:18 AM
69supercj
Senior User
Here's a couple pics and my info.

F10L8K10885

WB110 Color BE Date 08K Trans A Axle 01 DSO 0757

I just bought this truck on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to getter her back on the road. Where can a person find a VIN decoder for these trucks?

Old 05-14-2010, 05:22 PM
60 F100 4X4
New User
The install was very easy, but I don't have the new motor in yet to test it but I should have it in within a couple of weeks if all goes well and I'll get back to ya on how it feels.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 PM
jasonnilsson
Junior User
I just tried to post my 59 on the registry listed above and it didn't work. maybe it's time for someone else to make a new one?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:15 PM
riddinlow99
Junior User
just got a 60 F100 a few weeks ago cant wait to start tearing into it

Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
hobbs53
Junior User
Got my '59 F100 Styleside from my brother (he has 9 cars he has to keep running/fix/repair/restore, so.....)....ANYWAY, got it so I can throw the Harley in the back and haul it out west (too old to ride it out there and THEN ride it....out there...)
ANYWAY, here's the info...
VIN: F10J9R33641
Info under VIN: 118 D F10J 27D B 03

under that...05000 126 40000

all the seals around the doors, windows were basically gone......; got the door seals and doors back on (needed to cut out some cancer at the bottoms so i'd have someplace to put the seals....)...
now doing the windows..want her water proof/tight before i go on to the big stuff....
the windows...............what a PITA.................wow........somebody said that was the worst part of the re-do.....hope so, cuz.........................
anyway, that's the deal on on my Foxtrot 100

Old 12-04-2011, 10:16 AM
sm7482
Freshman User
1959 FORD F250 FLATBED

Hey,
My name is Shane, i'm 17 and over the summer aquired and restored my first vehicle, my 1959 ford f250 flatbed. Did all the work myself from getting the frozen motor back to running condition, to brakes, to all body work and paint! painted it in my garage! It's a 1959 ford F250 3/4 ton flatbed with original 292 y-block V8, 4speed manual tranny, ford magic air heater, and even original AM RADIO!!!!! the only things not stock is the paint job and i believe someone put dual exhausts on it because it seems they all came with a crossover pipe which led to one exhaust pipe. this has two seperate pipes coming into two seperat glasspacks resembling smithys and ending right behind the cab.

Shane Meyer
Grants Pass OR
1959 ford F-250 flatbed
292 y-block 4speed
F25c9R18942

Quick Reply: Attention All 57 - 60 F-series Owners for the Registry