1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

59 Ford pickup questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 08:32 AM
billybobzia
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
59 Ford pickup questions

hey
just found a truck that runs well and doesn't have too much rust. most of the rust is on the floorboards and steps. needs new windshield and passenger window. whats it worth?? have never done a project truck, wife is suspicious it'll just sit there. i am in denver, are parts hard to find?? any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Old 06-03-2004, 08:50 AM
55FordLover
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are some companies out there that specialize in our trucks....dennis carpenter, lmc, etc....parts are not hard to find....just the time that you want to put into it and how much you want to spend....sounds like a good deal to me...be careful with the rust areas....check the truck completely over to see how many panels you will have to replace....good luck

James

Old 06-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Lyndsczewski
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some parts are fairly easy to find, some are not. Good body parts are almost impossible to find here in Minnesota. I looked for good, bed steps for a '59 shortbed stepside for a couple years without results. I finally got some from Texas. Decent doors were hard to find, too. Stuff on the '57-'60 trucks that is the same as '53-'56 is pretty easy because tons of vendors specialize in those earlier trucks. I was readling a post the other day from a guy who wants to build one of those trucks entirely from reproduction parts. I'll bet he can do it, or come close, anyway.

Rob