FTE At The 2004 F-100 Supernationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be arriving sometime late Thursday afternoon. If you see a blue '96 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor with BLZMBL 2 plates, that's me. Hope to see some of you at Ruby Tuesday one evening.

Kevin Kessler
1953 Ford F-100

Old 05-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe one day I can get down there for this meet/show/event.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:04 PM
RedTaurus94
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My crew and I are going again this year, although we are still staying in Pigeon Forge (shopping takes precedence over trucks according to the women folk in the group) and not Knoxville. We are coming up from NC on Friday late afternoon/evening. My brother-in-law hasn't decided if he is bringing his '66 along this year or not. He entered it for the first time last year and had to park it right beside that funky green restaurant across the street from The Grand in PF. I figure it will take us an hour or so to get to the show from PF this year, so we'll be along sometime Saturday morning, as soon as we can make it over there. Looking forward to seeing a bigger and better show than ever.........

Old 05-13-2004, 09:59 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PSD6litre40
Where will the FTE be meeting? I might bring myself and my PSD 6.0L on up there. I only live about 20 minutes outside K-Town
There is no official meeting. I gave plenty of opportunity, plus notified all the related forum sections about this thread. No one really offered any ideas, and I was not about to do the usual: organize it myself and end up having a miserable time because I'm too busy handling the organisation, where are we going to meet next, who's going to do such and such. I'm there to have fun....

The only thing I'm going to do it print up a bunch of FTE badges you'll be able to pick up starting Friday afternoon (will see if I can get them to make the announcement).

Old 05-16-2004, 08:35 PM
e william
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts after the 2004 Supernats!!!

Just returned from the Supernationals. I didnt make the previous one so theres not alot to compare to this year. It didnt seem as big as the promos had let on it would be....Anyone know how many registered trucks showed??? It didnt seem like 1600.
I had hoped for more swap meet type parts...got some new taillights though....saved the ship costs on them but not much more.
Got a good lead on insurance...looks like I'll get more coverage for about half the price! Anyone interested just email me and I'll forward the contact.
We stayed til about 3 pm or so on Saturday and ran out of things to do, wife was bored...so we cancelled our reservations at Hilton Knoxville and drove to Pigeon Forge...carb went bad on the way, nursed the truck around Sat. night and then home on Sunday.
It wasnt quite the weekend I had hoped for, but we'll try again next year...maybe things will be fine tuned by then
I hope all who went had a good time.
keep turning wrenches......Ed

Old 05-16-2004, 09:45 PM
TheMachfather
Senior User
It did seem abit small. And the 73-79 swapmeet part was rather dissappointing. I wanted a glovebox and a few smaller parts to save shipping but nothing. No side trim for my shortbox either. I did get a nice aircleaner, inline fuel filter, and a couple other do-dads. I also found the lack of 4x4 and lifted rigs a let down. I loved the street trucks there especially the mid 50s and 65/66s but I mean...only one truck there w/ 44s. I can see more jacked up trucks at walmart in town.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:28 PM
RedTaurus94
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We had lots more room to maneuver this year, but there was a LOT more walking required to see the whole deal. I love checking out all the trucks if I can. I think there were 1339 LAST year and I hoped there would be more this year. When I left Saturday afternoon, the gate attendant said there were 900+, so if that is the final tally, then I am dissappointed. I liked the new venue ok, but it's just not the same as in Pigeon Forge. Granted it was tough as heck to see everything last year with so many trucks in so many different locations. We stayed in Pigeon Forge again this year, but it seemed dead to me this year and that's really kinda sad. I missed the parade and mingling with other owners up and down the street in front of The Grand. I know progress must come, but I sure am going to miss some of the traditions that are lost by moving to Knoxville. Has anyone heard what the plan is for next year yet?

Old 05-16-2004, 10:54 PM
sirleadfoot
New User
Cool

I have to agree that the show seemed to lack some of the "specialness" of years past. This was my 8th or 9th year going to the supernats and it seemed so blah. Also, I think that it sucks that it's going to be in Knoxville for two more years. Oh well there's always the run to the rock.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:20 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Gotta agree. I talked with members of several clubs. They didn't put on any of their usually special events such as a cookouts, hang-outs to watch vehicles cruise by, etc. The show was great, the fellowship was a little lacking but that will change, its just going to take a couple of years for everyone to settle-in and start new get-togethers.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:00 AM
theGman
Posting Guru
Also agree that it seemed less special this year. Just another car show now.