6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Is diesel fuel diesel fuel ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:12 PM
ninelives 59
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would stick to the truck stop fuels too.They flilter there fuels through two filters compared to the regular fuel stations one filter.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:08 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ninelives 59
I would stick to the truck stop fuels too.They flilter there fuels through two filters compared to the regular fuel stations one filter.

More good info, this is the first I have read of this

Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Crownie
Senior User
Anybody burning Biodiesel???

Old 04-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Crownie
Senior User
Diesel is $1.76 here this morning, about 8 cents cheaper than regular unleaded. Our gas tax is pretty steep in WI.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:14 AM
MIKESANDS
Senior User
Diesel Fuel Prices

$2.25 yesterday..$2.29 Today...I'd leave but I can't afford the fuel!

Old 04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
mattsf250
Elder User
Originally Posted by MIKESANDS
$2.25 yesterday..$2.29 Today...I'd leave but I can't afford the fuel!
ROFL!

no kidding!

i paid 1.99 this moring, my normal place is usually 10-12/gal cheaper.... but they were 2.07/gal

Old 04-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Hayapower!
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bikenbob
Wow, I just filled up tonight at $2.15 a gallon? The last fill up was at $1.80? We are really getting hosed here in California!

That Ain't no lie!!! How come when I live within "spitting distance" from the nearest refinery (Chevron) SF Bay Area, we have to pay so much for fuel.. Then they have to truck it "miles" away to the coast, and up north, or south, and the price is the same OR alot less!!! Go figure.. $$$$$$
We have been getting "hosed" consistently for MANY years in CA in regards to fuel prices.. And the CA special blend fuel is BS.. It was poisoning us, and the enviroment before!!! Now we need something else!! It's not like the Air here just spins in a circle... You would think that the EPA would welcome anything that would make your rig run better and more efficient, so that when you "can" finally move in the gridlock, you can do it with gusto!!! When we have a SMOG ALERT day in our summer months....I get a kick out of the AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT...They say,, to not use your power mower, BBQ, or aerosol paint cans.. Come on!!! There's about a billion cars and trucks that can't move, stuck in traffic.. WORK ON THAT FIRST and give us the fuel rating we need until then!!! The gasser's account for way more pollution than the diesels do..

Old 04-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Hayapower!
Elder User
Thinking about a locking fuel cap, for the "Shopper's" out there with their 10 foot California credit card!!!! At these prices it could be a hanging offense!!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Arundo
Freshman User
What would be the ideal cetane rate ? With the exception of tax what is the difference between home heating fuel ? Diesel on Long Island NY Is $ 1.899 same as 87 octane gas.

Old 04-09-2004, 10:08 PM
bikenbob
Senior User
What I do not understand is that #2 diesel fuel is diesel fuel? There is not special Calif. blend diesel fuel that I have heard of; only for gassers. What really bothers me is that OPEC has not slowed down prodution as they said they were and the price of crude was down this week. In the paper today they said guel costs would be $3.00 gal by summer. This will really hurt my river trips this summer. By the way, I pulling my boat to the river tomorrow AM, the first tow for my 6.0!

Old 04-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Hayapower!
Elder User
Originally Posted by bikenbob
What I do not understand is that #2 diesel fuel is diesel fuel? There is not special Calif. blend diesel fuel that I have heard of; only for gassers. What really bothers me is that OPEC has not slowed down prodution as they said they were and the price of crude was down this week. In the paper today they said guel costs would be $3.00 gal by summer. This will really hurt my river trips this summer. By the way, I pulling my boat to the river tomorrow AM, the first tow for my 6.0!

They jack up the price of fuel here EVERY Summer/Christmas and any other holiday that comes along, or for one crisis or another.. Nothin new here!! No special blend diesel for CA, but my point is,, the cost of tooling to create these special/better for us all fuels, cost us all, and "are" reflected in the production of "ALL" our diesel fuels as well.. CA or wherever.. Get rid of red/clear and just refine a good quality fuel or gas that we can all burn.. On, and off road, state to state... Drop the refining costs, and pump prices "should" follolw.. If I could foresee the increase, other than the holidays, I'd drain my hot tub and fill it with fuel to carry me trough until the next downturn.. uplugged of course..

Old 04-10-2004, 10:38 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Part of the problem is that they haven't built any new or expanded the existing refineries in many years. Even if there was a glut of crude, they couldn't process it as fast as they need to anyway. Is there a shortage, I don't think so. Are the Californians being screwed? Yes and so will the rest of us as soon as the oil companies and the politicians see that they got away with it in CA.

For all of us who spend time on the Internet anyway, write your elected officials! If they started getting a bunch of letters, they will do something. If they think it means votes.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
I bought fuel for $152.9 at a Shell truck stop between Waco and Temple, mile marker 315. I ALWAYS buy at large truck stops only that do volume business. There is a difference in diesel in mileage from 1 to 2 MPG. I thinkk it is related to winter/summer fuel. I get 1.5 to 2 MPG better with silver bottle Power Service.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:49 AM
MIKESANDS
Senior User
Diesel Fuel

$2.35 this morning!..I heard this was due to a "refinery" problem? can anybody elaborate?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:28 AM
RBMiller
Freshman User
I can't comment on a refinery problem. I've been listening to CNBC this morning, and they are suggesting that one of the causes of rising oil product prices is professional speculators looking to make a buck. This would primarily be hedge funds and well-heeled (and savy) individual investors.

Quick Reply: Is diesel fuel diesel fuel ?