Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Wisconsinite Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Boss50
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wisconsinite Needs Help

As I recently posted on the general conversation forum, I will be driving to Minneapolis on July 13th for a concert at the Target Center. I've looked up directions on the internet but they all seem a little different and the maps are a little backwards. So I was wondering if someone from the area could give me some detailed directions to help me out, I'm also not used to big city driving. One more question. Where would you suggest a couple of teenagers to spend the night? I was thinking a campground but I'm not sure if I'm allowed. I'll do a search on it tomorrow. Or would you suggest just bringing some strong coffee and driving home that same night?? Thanks for all your help!!!

Old 06-30-2004, 08:49 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know a few years ago when i tried to get a room at a hotel for prom or whatever, they wouldnt give me one almost anywhere around here, probaly have to get some one to call it in? dont know, not too many camp grounds in the city,
i would try msn maps, they are probaly the best,
but i would come out 94 or 36 w to 35w south. if you come out 94, i would get off at 11th ave, take it up to marquette, take a right, tjhen take a left on 7th street, go up n try n park in the city center ramp on your left before you hit hennepin just after nicollet mall. its the building that says sam goody with the big geetar. if thats full i would try n get into a lot some where close like target on lasalle between 9th and 10th street, lasalle is between nicollet mall and hennepin, there is another building that dorsey whitney just moved into on 6th street next to plymouth building, if you miss city center and was to take a right on hennepin, take the first right onto 6th street and hit the ramp that is a quick left at the light after murrays butter knife steaks. i drive for hostess down town in and out of crazies all morning so i know my way around pretty good. oh if you came out 36 to 35w, get off on washington, take a right, go up to either third ave or second ave, take a left, then they hook up with 6th and 7th streets to where you could take your right on 7th. target center is on first ave on the other side of hennepin at 6th and 7th street. i would try n park on the marquette/nicollet mall side of hennepin, not much on the other side, there is a good size bus ramp that i am not too familiar with, but that is goin to be quite the mess gettin in and out of. gettin out of down town, try n take 6th street all the way to the end it turns into 94, or take washington tward 35 go past til it turns into cedar, just keep following it around 6+ blocks through somali land, til you hit 94 e at the curve past the under the bridge, you see easy riders you got too far. this same ramp is accessable if you take a street get turned around whatever, if you take 8th or 6th street to 11th ave hang a right to over the highway bridge to franklin, hit a left, to under the bridges, take a left at the 5 way inter section by tacohell and easyriders, keepin left it will take you to that ramp. try n plan ahead, but you have to drive by the edge of the seat downtown.

Last edited by innecity4wheelin; 06-30-2004 at 09:00 PM.