General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.
View Poll Results: Are you more inclined to trust someone who
Attends church regularly
40.00%
Rarely or never attends church
60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Church Attendance

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be wrong fisher, but I suspect that's the point of the post.

Waxy

P.S. I managed to win $75 in my football pool thanks to Edge and the Carolina D (the one I care about more too!), just about broke even on the $83 I spent in my other pool doing trades and transactions. How about you?

Old 01-06-2004, 02:43 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
man....I died a slow and painful death....it was nasty. I ended up going into the loser's bracket in 5th place...( I just couldn't hold it together in the end) and in the game against 6th place I started McNair (you know the week HE DIDN"T PLAY ) so....that knocked me down again...I think I ended up in 7th place when it was all said and done...my defense collapsed...dominick davis was out, McNair was out, my receivers should have been out....glad to hear you did good. I kinda feel like the Cowboys...held it together just long enough to get in and then fall apart all well, there's always next year!

Old 01-06-2004, 02:46 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Oh wow, I misread the question... Who would I trust more? I thought it was asking how many times we went...woops.

I don't care how many times you go to church, it doesn't mean you can be trusted. Personal experience on that one! You gain trust by getting to know the person, not his church.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:48 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Waxy
I may be wrong fisher, but I suspect that's the point of the post.

Waxy

my bad..I missed that post...I haven't had much time lately to check out FTE, so I haven't been reading thru things as much. ....by the way, Did I get a brother? I saw it at first and thought I had already responded

I'm with Big Orn, depends on the question. If I don't know that much about either, I'm probably not going to be depending on their answer that much. In my somewhat humble opinion , my answer that I know everything about me is worth more to me than two people's who I know nothing about either.

Old 01-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
Yep, there's two fishers here now, hope it doesn't lead to overfishing. Threw me for a loop when I saw it too.

I should clarify that my win came in the 'C' pool, the 'A' pool prize was about $400.

Waxy

Old 01-06-2004, 03:25 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
Yep, there's two fishers here now, hope it doesn't lead to overfishing. Threw me for a loop when I saw it too.

I should clarify that my win came in the 'C' pool, the 'A' pool prize was about $400.

Waxy
ahh...so the truth comes out....the C pool. man not many groups still give out winnings to the C pool...but congrats anyhow ...I've been so busy lately and haven't been on much, so don't know that there will be any overfishing problems...as per your one of your previous threads, I know that is a concern of yours

Old 01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by fisher_of_man
I saw it at first and thought I had already responded
It took me a minute or two. I had to look real close, then at the sig and the avatar.

Do you feel violated?

Old 01-06-2004, 03:36 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
violated...well thats pretty strong wording....maybe used , distant, beside myself....ahh heck, I'm sure you'll be able to tell us apart. after all, it might be kinda fun having two of us with such close names....especially in these long god impossibilty threads....just when waxy thought it was safe...NOW THERE ARE TWO OF US

Old 01-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
violated...well thats pretty strong wording....maybe used , distant, beside myself....ahh heck, I'm sure you'll be able to tell us apart. after all, it might be kinda fun having two of us with such close names....especially in these long god impossibilty threads....just when waxy thought it was safe...NOW THERE ARE TWO OF US
That's fine with me, too. The way that the "Impossibility" thing is going (makes my head hurt) it may take a legion!

I wish jpsartre12 would come back and give us a hint about this one. Got my curosity up a bit.

Old 01-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
ahh...so the truth comes out....the C pool. man not many groups still give out winnings to the C pool...but congrats anyhow ...I've been so busy lately and haven't been on much, so don't know that there will be any overfishing problems...as per your one of your previous threads, I know that is a concern of yours

Well, it was a 16 team league. They divided it into 4 pools, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16.

The 'D' pool played for pride.

I won the 9-12 segment, but actually, my scores for the two weeks of playoffs would have put me in second place overall. Typical of my team to show up a day late and a dollar short. It was a moral victory though.

Waxy

Old 01-06-2004, 03:53 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
[BI won the 9-12 segment, but actually, my scores for the two weeks of playoffs would have put me in second place overall. Typical of my team to show up a day late and a dollar short. It was a moral victory though.

Waxy [/B]
now it sounds like you play for the cowboys I wish I could find some suckers to play in a league that still handed out winnings to 9th place they want a win all take all league around here.

Old 01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Big Orn
That's fine with me, too. The way that the "Impossibility" thing is going (makes my head hurt) it may take a legion!

I wish jpsartre12 would come back and give us a hint about this one. Got my curosity up a bit.
no doubt...I quit reading that many, many pages back. I felt like we just kept covering the same ground over and over and as though no REAL proof was ever shown. Just billsco's somewhat sarcastic interpretation of each book.

since I'm experiencing some kinda brain fart, can you tell me which brand does jpsartre12 ride for? I don't remember which side of the fence he was on. Is this gonna turn into some crazy off the wall deal?

Old 01-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Waxy
Postmaster
now it sounds like you play for the cowboys I wish I could find some suckers to play in a league that still handed out winnings to 9th place they want a win all take all league around here.
I don't want to hear that cowboys talk, them are fightin words.

Tell me about it though, in the other pool I'm in, the winner walked away with over $500, everyone else didn't see a dime.

I think it's actually better that way though (if you have a decent team), it encourages more trades and daring maneouvers, the 16 team league was pretty dull because no one wanted to take a risk or make a trade since everyone had a shot at some money in the end.

Waxy

Old 01-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
can you tell me which brand does jpsartre12 ride for? I don't remember which side of the fence he was on. Is this gonna turn into some crazy off the wall deal?
I'm not real sure?!?! It sounds like (to me) that he might need some advice - and might have gotten some - and is not sure which way to turn. Or it may be just a "crazy off-the-wall deal...

Old 01-06-2004, 04:14 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Re: Church Attendance

Originally posted by jpsartre12
Would you be more inclined to trust:
a. Someone who attends church regularly
b. Someone who rarely or never attends church.
Where in the church do they sit, front or back?

Quick Reply: Church Attendance