Marketplace Ford Trucks and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

On The Hunt!

Wanted

1980 - 1986 Ford F-150

03-28-2024, 09:02 AM | Replies: 3 | Views: 173
  • Closed
5th Wheeling

• Price
    $0 - $2,000
  • Location Capital District, NY, 12205, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 4WD
  • Vehicle Type Truck
Description:

As the title says, I'm on the hunt for a 1980 - 1986 F-150 Long Bed 4x4 with the Inline 6 300.
I don't care if it's auto or manual and I don't care what color it is but would like blue.
My price range is up to $2000...
I'm willing to buy if it's within 500 miles of Albany NY. Less than 100 miles and I will look in person but anything beyond that I'll need to go off as many pictures as you can get me and I'll have the truck shipped to me if I do buy it.

I know I'll be dealing with rust and rot and I'm ok with that as long as it's not too far gone.
I will consider trucks that are 4x4 but have a different motor or trucks that have the 300 but no 4x4 as I can do the swap later down the road.

KEY ITEMS THAT ARE AN INSTANT NO....
Title NOT in your name or No Title... NYS is very finicky about this. If it's not in your name you must be willing to get that fixed. I'm looking for a truck to use, not a parts / yard truck.
Frame rot... I plan to start using the truck right away so it must be able to pass NYS Inspection.
Windshield cracked. This might not be an instant no but will weigh on my decision. NYS Inspection will allow some cracks but they can not be more than 6" long inside the wiper path.

I've been looking for about a month now and the biggest issues I'm finding are trucks with no titles or titles not in the seller's name and sellers not willing to sell "Sight Unseen" and  dealing with shipping companies.

If you have something that might fit the bill, DM me and we'll talk. Please keep in mind that I may not answer you right away as I don't check this forum every 5 minutes... 
Thanks...

Old 03-31-2024, 09:14 PM
97-psd
Logistics Pro
Received 379 Likes on 271 Posts
Look at the sale items here. The ad next to yours is an 85 in Ithaca. Might be worth a look

Old 04-01-2024, 04:27 AM
Shadow_D
5th Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 97-psd
Look at the sale items here. The ad next to yours is an 85 in Ithaca. Might be worth a look
If it was an F-150 it'd be perfect... Too bad it's an F-250
Thanks for the heads up...

Old 04-18-2024, 03:37 PM
Shadow_D
5th Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
***UPDATE***
I have found my truck!
I am actually getting 2 trucks for the price of 1. 1 is an 86 and the other is an 84. The 86 has a bad frame and the 84's frame is good so this is going to be a frame swap project. In the end I will have some parts available for sale once I'm finished making the swap. I'll update more when they get delivered around the 1st week of next month.