2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2023+ Super Duty ForScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 03:45 AM
Member No. 1
Rather Be Rid'n!
Received 193 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Crazy
The tach numbers would be kinda neat, because I can’t tell what the bar is reading…
It was a nice feature on my 2022 F150, I also wish my new truck had it.
One thing I did notice as soon as I sat down for the first time in a 2024 F350 (test drive) was even though the display looks to be the same size as my F150, both the speedo and tach are
smaller in size/diameter.
As to adding the digital RPM to center of the tach, and I'm only speculating here, it might not be a software/firmware change, but does the F250/350 tach even have an LCD/Screen in the middle for display?
Next time I'm at the dealer, I'm going to look at a 2024 F150 to see if the display is different from a F250/350 and if the F150 still has the digital numbers in the center.
If so, wondering if a F150 display will fit in a F250/350 and work.
@ATC Crazy
"The tach numbers would be kinda neat, because I can’t tell what the bar is reading…"
Yet another reason I added the iDash... RPM is a PID I monitor.

Old 05-09-2024, 06:38 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 1,048 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Member No. 1
One thing I did notice as soon as I sat down for the first time in a 2024 F350 (test drive) was even though the display looks to be the same size as my F150, both the speedo and tach are
As to adding the digital RPM to center of the tach, and I'm only speculating here, it might not be a software/firmware change, but does the F250/350 tach even have an LCD/Screen in the middle for display?
Next time I'm at the dealer, I'm going to look at a 2024 F150 to see if the display is different from a F250/350 and if the F150 still has the digital numbers in the center.
@ATC Crazy
"The tach numbers would be kinda neat, because I can’t tell what the bar is reading…"
The entire panel is LCD on the upper trim models.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:09 AM
ZooDad
Received 652 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by Member No. 1
@ATC Crazy
If someone can PM who wants to test this, I will see what I can find.

ZooDad

Old 05-09-2024, 10:57 AM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I tried the EZ IPC coding for "RPM display" or something like to try and enable the tach numbers but no joy. I wonder if there is a long coding that could change it? But I also know the layout/fonts/ colors of the super duty vs f150 is different so would it even be available? I would love to have this feature too. Ford dropped the ball on it. Zoodad you have my number if you want to try a few things.

Old 05-09-2024, 11:55 AM
saratoga2011
More Turbo
Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts
@ZooDad Sent a PM your way!

Old 05-09-2024, 11:55 AM
Chadx
5th Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I would love having the actual digital RPM number available on my '24 gauge cluster. I realized how hard it is to understand exact rpm when, for another thread, we were talking about rpm with different diff ratios and/or tire sizes. Trying to share cruising rpm for 60, 65, 70, 75, 80mph and really hard to estimate even to the nearest 100rpm. I popped up the tow/haul mode/screen that displays the bar tach in the upper left of the gauge cluster and it was a tiny bit easier to see than the circular rpm gauge, but still not real precise.

The other thing I'd love is a FORScan code to eliminate the check for the tailgate being ajar. I looked through the 23/24 spreadsheet and didn't see anything related to tailgate.
The '24 are having an issue with the tailgate removal kit in that the harness is having no effect on the computer knowing the tailgate has been removed. Unlike the '23s, where the harness /software seems to work, the '24 are getting the "Tailgate Ajar" message that has to be OKd away and the little red tailgate warning light in the lower right of the gauge cluster that never goes way. A side effect of the tailgate ajar message is the "auto folding side mirrors upon locking" stopped working because the truck thinks something is ajar. Had the truck into the dealership and they can't figure out why the tailgate harness is not eliminating the tailgate ajar check and warning and had no resolution. They checked in their software as they said they had a setting to tell it there is no tailgate, but when the plugged it in, it would not let them change it as it said turning that off was not an option on Lariat trim levels and above. If there is a FORScan code to eliminate tailgate check, that would be great. I just received my cable and will be downloading FORScan software and starting backup this weekend to be able to dive in and try some of the other updates I want (eliminate seatbelt messages, start up dings, etc.)

Old 05-09-2024, 12:03 PM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by saratoga2011
@ZooDad Sent a PM your way!
@saratoga2011 replied

ZooDad

Old 05-10-2024, 08:00 AM
Chadx
5th Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My first time using FORScan and everything went great, so thanks to this thread, forum and all those that experiment, contribute and document. This is for a '24 Superduty. Received my USB Adapter this week. Yesterday, over lunch break, I downloaded software to my laptop, bought a 1 year extended license and confirmed I didn't need to download any drivers (adapter LED was yellow rather than red). Took maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Went to the FORD site and downloaded VIN specific AsBuilt (.ab) file which took about 1 minute.

Last night, went out the truck, but on a 3amp batter tender, plugged the adapter into the OBDII connector and fired everything up. Sat in the passenger seat so there was more room to type on laptop. I intended to only backup the 'As Built' modules and hold off on any actual changes since I thought the backups would take 20 - 30 minutes, but was done backing up in only 11 minutes. There were 23 'As Built' modules to back up for my truck and I did them all. When I did the 'Save All' after playing each module, it gave a great descriptive default name. I appended "_original" to the end of that, even though I'd always be able to sort by created date/time and know those were the originals. Saved it, stopped the module, went to the next As Built module, played it and did another Save All. Repeat.

Since that went so smooth, I decided to do some basic changes. Removed triple ding at start up and removed all seatbelt minders. Also changed key fob panic button to require two presses. Between each change, I wrote the update which pops the message to cycle the truck off and back on, which I did. Before leaving a module that I changed, I did another Save All and was sure to name that backup with a name that described what I changed. DO NOT make changes and then accidently overwrite your original backups as they would be lost. I wanted backups of a module after each change so that way, if I ever restored the original, I could easily later restore the updated one. Easy to go back and forth rather than re-updating the module manually.

I did notice that, when done, it was like the truck had been reset. All the settings I'd picked, over the last couple months, through the infotainment screen and gauge cluster, were reset to factory default as were my seat memory buttons, etc. Even the My View on the gauge cluster reset and I had to go back and change the views that showed up, change which extra gauges showed up and add back in the detailed digital number to them. I used the infotainment screen to reset all the settings how I wanted them. Will likely wait to do anymore FORScan changes until can take the truck out a few times and drive it and ensure everything behaves correctly with no ill side effects. I'm not sure when all my settings reset. Could have been when I created the profile and backed up all the modules, or sometime during updates when I wrote the modules I updates. I never "Restored" anything; Only wrote the two modules after making changes. Hoping future updates and writes don't overwrite all the settings I change via the infotainment screen or gauge cluster.

The settings being overwritten made me curious how changing settings on the infotainment screen would change the setting FORScan reads so I went into a number of modules and looked at the codes. Based on a couple codes I looked at, like auto mirror fold, changing the settings via the infotainment screen isn't reflected in the module. I would think it would. No idea where infotainment setting changes would be saving otherwise. But, if that is the case, that would explain why, when I wrote a module, it pushed default settings back to the truck and I lost all my custom settings that I'd changed through the infotainment. This all seems odd to me so I'll look into this more next time I hook up FORScan (check more modules to see if settings that I change via infotainment are changing the module values). Anyone have insight into this?

I noticed some of the codes on the google sheet must be carryovers from the previous gen google sheet back when those settings were not available to change through the pickup infotainment screen or the gauge cluster/steering wheel menus. On my '24, I can change a lot of things that could not on previous gen superduty. And, I already have the little compass direction in the gauge cluster and default was 4 blinks on the turn signals; not 3 blinks as mentioned in the spreadsheet and like on previous gen trucks. That turn signal flash setting would be a good one for me to go look at and see what the current/default settings show up as (if my trucks default module line item number matches the 3 blink or 4 blink setting from the google sheet). [Edit: Just went for a drive and my truck now has 3 blinks rather than 4. No idea why it had 4 before using FORScan but I'd specifically observed that as the FORScan sheet had said default was three. Ah well, at least I can change it back to 4 if I want. Also, when the digital value for the gauges first pop up upon starting, there are some weird number in there for a couple seconds until the sensor sends the correct value. Like "-76" degrees (minus 76) for transmission temp. I don't recall it doing that before. It's like the default value for that temp is now -76 rather than blank, but then it gets updated as soon as the sensor sends the real value].

I'm curious if a person changes a setting in FORScan and that setting can also be changed via the infotainment screen, does one lose the ability to change that on the infotainment screen. Autofolding mirrors is a great example. If one has autofold mirrors set to off via the infotainment screen, and then enables autofold mirrors via FORScan (no idea why you would unless you want to change to Lincoln Style, but for this point, lets say you use FORScan to turn on standard autfold mirrors). You then write the module and cycle the truck. Since you turned on autofold with FORScan, would the infotainment screen reflect that selection (that autofold mirrors were now on)? And, would you be able to turn off autofold mirrors on the infotainment screen (and back on) or does the FORSCan setting take priority and totally defeats ones ability to turn autofold mirrors off and on via the infotainment screen?

I have a question about saving a profile in FORScan. The printed steps mention to not save a profile...
  • A pop up will prompt you to Save Vehicle Profile.
  • Do not save the vehicle profile.
...but the video, that the written instructions reference, shows saving a profile. (Love this video by the way. Took me a minute to realize it doesn't have audio and is intentionally a "silent movie". Ha)

Perhaps the suggestion to not save a profile is so users don't incorrectly assume that saving a profile is the same as backing up their modules (even though it says this in large red text). In any case, now that I have that profile, each time I log into FORScan, while attached to the truck, it says the saved profile was found and would I like to use it which I do. Is there any ill side effects of doing that? I figured it is nice to have in case I ever want to hook up to another vehicle and have a profile for it (to keep them separate), but are there any issues with saving and using a profile?

More experiments to come, but hoping that each time I use FORSCan, it doesn't reset all my settings (gauge cluster, memory seats, and other settings through the infotainment screen).

As for wish list, I still would love a setting to ignore tailgate ajar since the '24 have the issue where the tailgate removal kit doesn't tell the truck to ignore and I have to OK away the Tailgate Ajar message and some features, like Autofold mirrors and emergency backup braking, won't work if the tailgate ajar is triggered. Could this possibly be tied to the "door ajar" chime defeat I've seen on other year google sheets? Though the door ajar, hood ajar and tailgate ajar all seem triggered independently and even have their own dedicated tiny red waring light in the lower right of the gauge cluster, so much we controlled independently, which would be ideal because I want to eliminate the tailgate ajar message but not the hood ajar or door ajar messages. Ford dealership had my truck in under warranty, as outline previously, to figure out why the tailgate removal kit didn't eliminate the tailgate ajar and they couldn't figure it out. They went to program the truck to ignore the tailgate and their device said it couldn't do it for Lariat trim levels and up. So a FORScan setting, to turn off tailgate ajar detection, is going to be the only hope for us '24 owners that remove a tailgate.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:17 AM
ZooDad
Cool Digital Tach (Numbers)

Thanks to the testers, but unfortunately the proposed change did not work. (yet)

I thought that when the 23 came out it has it, but apparently not. I know my SiL 21 F150 did and I have all his AsBuilt files, so maybe I can find something unique. It also could be a firmware version thing, which I would not recommend messing with based on some of the IPC issues that are being reported. Lets not forget the IPC recall also.

So in the mean time we will just have to enjoy our trucks !!

Have a great day

ZooDad

The following 2 users liked this post by ZooDad:
Old 05-10-2024, 09:20 AM
Member No. 1
Rather Be Rid'n!
Originally Posted by ZooDad
Thanks to the testers, but unfortunately the proposed change did not work. (yet)

I thought that when the 23 came out it has it, but apparently not. I know my SiL 21 F150 did and I have all his AsBuilt files, so maybe I can find something unique. It also could be a firmware version thing, which I would not recommend messing with based on some of the IPC issues that are being reported. Lets not forget the IPC recall also.

So in the mean time we will just have to enjoy our trucks !!

Have a great day

ZooDad
I'll have to check, but I might still have my As Built file from my 2022 F150 Lariat.
If so shall I send it to you? Maybe something in there is different than the 21's and older.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:30 AM
Member No. 1
Rather Be Rid'n!
Sync 4 and Sirius

Sirius Option - remove choice from screen. Does this not work for 23+ owners? Is it because the 2017-2019 are Sync 3?

I looked thru, and I thought I saw it in 23+ ForScan spread sheet, but it's not there (or that I missed it or didn't see it). Same in the 2022-2022 sheet.
but it is in the 2017-2019 sheet.

From the 2017-2019 sheet:
Remove Sirius from Sync APIM 7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xxxx 8xxx xxxx xxxx
Removes Sirius as a media source in Sync. If * is A change to 8, if 2 change to 0. Change does not take effect immediately.
Turn truck off, open and shut door, wait 30 seconds and restart.

Old 05-12-2024, 10:44 AM
c.oneill
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023+ Super Duty ForScan Spreadsheet Question

Specifically the Seatbelt Chimes-Disables All. What are we doing with the 2 dashes in the last (3rd) group of 4 characters? Everything thing else in the document shows a red asterisk or specific digit for changes required and a black X for no change. Thank you in advance.

Old 05-12-2024, 02:04 PM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by c.oneill
Specifically the Seatbelt Chimes-Disables All. What are we doing with the 2 dashes in the last (3rd) group of 4 characters? Everything thing else in the document shows a red asterisk or specific digit for changes required and a black X for no change. Thank you in advance.
dashes are the checksum values These will change from what is there. They are auto generated by ForScan

ZooDad

Old 05-15-2024, 12:31 PM
Member No. 1
Rather Be Rid'n!
Originally Posted by andrew8406
That's what I'm saying. It seems to be a beta version so far, and not everything is implemented yet. I think that must be why they're giving people the option to switch back and forth. When you swap from the new to the old, it asks for feedback. I submitted the missing features as feedback.
Just did the same. Been switching between the two.

Old 05-15-2024, 01:01 PM
Donald B
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once you enable global close what remote sequence do you use to close all the windows?

Originally Posted by camperfanatic01
@ZooDad

I updated my 24 turn signal flash today and the spreadsheet values gave me an error, so I did it using the plain English and for 7 flashes the as built data was updated to xxxx-1cxx-xx when I went back to check,

I also got the global close to work using the plain English and enabling all global lines in the BCM, DDM and PDM.

but now my reverse alarm sound in the cabin has changed to a cheaper annoying almost back up outside alarm sound. Any thoughts to why that is? Or how to change it back?

It did tell me it went into battery saver mode, I left headlight on whilst I was playing with this….. could that have caused it? I was able to write everything with no issue. Thoughts?

edit, after a few minutes sitting and restart, it now sounds the same as it did…. I guess the batter saver reverts to a cheaper “dinger”

Quick Reply: 2023+ Super Duty ForScan Spreadsheet