1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Glasspacks and my curiosity

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 12:16 AM
DandieMichelle
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Glasspacks and my curiosity

I have recieved a glasspack (unknown model/manufacturer) for free from a friend who got Flowmasters. I have a V6, the factory one (which is being completely rebuild as I type...I had a bent piston from it being a farm truck and such.). I have heard many things: That it will sound bad, it will sound like a little import and this and that. I'm just wondering from fellow Ford owners if a glasspack would sound good on a 97 model F150 with a standard V6. I owned a Camero before and it had a V8 and I loved the sound of the 350, and just a deeper sound would be awesome. I mean, I love my truck, and I want it to sound good. No other girls around here know anything about them, so I figured why not turn to guys? I figured ya'll would know. Thanks! Please help! heh.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:01 AM
f150-az
Senior User
I don't have any personal experience with this, but here's my opinion. Don't get the glasspack. Chances are, it will make your truck sound bad. I have the same truck as you and I'm going to get a custom exhaust system built. Get something like flowmaster. Just whatever you do, stay away from the glasspack.

Old 11-08-2003, 12:41 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi and welcome to FTE.

Being that your truck has numerous cat.converters on it, I do not think that it will be overly obnoxious with the old glass pack. They are not the most efficient muffler( 50 yr old technology ) but if the price is right (free) then go ahead and use it. You can always upgrade to a newer system later.
Jimmy

Old 11-08-2003, 12:44 PM
DandieMichelle
New User
Thanks for you opinion. I was told it would sound like an import or something, y'know...make it sound sorta' trashy. But since I got the glasspack for free from my friend, I figured that I would ask for opinions. I just, for one, didn't want to put something on it that would sound bad. The guy I got it from said that it is the longest glasspack that company makes and that it could sound good. Who knows. And I didn't want to spend any extra money on Flowmasters if the glasspack would sound good. Thanks for the opinion!