Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

My 1976 F-250

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 08:50 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Received 1,489 Likes on 877 Posts

My insurance agent, a close friend called me last week and asked if I want agreed value ins policy on my truck.
She told me she's been watching my progress on the truck.
I said sure, it never hurts to look.

Here's what she sent me. This is for $15,000. $518 including $70 towing that I could leave out with $500 deductible.
"Please take a look at the attached Hagerty quote. This includes a $70 annual specialty towing that we can take off or leave on. You are currently paying $558.00 for the year for liability only on that vehicle."

$558.00 current
$518.00 Hagerty including the optional $70 towing.
$40 annual savings

Looks like a no brainer to me.

Old 05-20-2024, 09:29 AM
McLeod
Cargo Master
Received 190 Likes on 146 Posts
Make sure you can live with the exclusions and requirements Hagerty will likely impose on you.

Often required to be parked in garage at night, occasional use only, and no off road coverage are common exclusions.

I have had Hagerty on my 66 Bronco before and found that the exclusions and restrictions were not worth the few dollars I saved per year for the same valuation as a standard ACV policy.

The following 2 users liked this post by McLeod:
Old 05-20-2024, 01:09 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by McLeod
Make sure you can live with the exclusions and requirements Hagerty will likely impose on you.

Often required to be parked in garage at night, occasional use only, and no off road coverage are common exclusions.

I have had Hagerty on my 66 Bronco before and found that the exclusions and restrictions were not worth the few dollars I saved per year for the same valuation as a standard ACV policy.
Thank you. I will check into it deeper.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:39 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
I talked to Susan about Hagerty and she told me that have changed their policy a lot.
It doesn't have to be kept in a garage and there is no mileage limit.
You can take it off road they just wont cover damage from "rock-crawling" or serious off-roading.

I'm sure its not the best for everyone but it works out really well for me.
Thanks again for the heads up.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rubiranch:
Old 05-21-2024, 07:40 AM
somethingclever
Cargo Master
Received 208 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubiranch
I talked to Susan about Hagerty and she told me that have changed their policy a lot.
It doesn't have to be kept in a garage and there is no mileage limit.
You can take it off road they just wont cover damage from "rock-crawling" or serious off-roading.

I'm sure its not the best for everyone but it works out really well for me.
Thanks again for the heads up.

You need to have Susan show you in writing in the policy where it states that...and then get a copy for yourself.

The following 2 users liked this post by somethingclever:
Old 05-21-2024, 10:52 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by somethingclever
You need to have Susan show you in writing in the policy where it states that...and then get a copy for yourself.
She read it to me. Susan is one of my closest friends and has handled all my insurances for years.

Old 05-21-2024, 11:26 AM
McLeod
Cargo Master
Received 190 Likes on 146 Posts
I don't want to turn your thread into an insurance thread so I will leave this comment and leave it at that.
Make sure you read the specific policy you have bought.
Mine had no mileage restrictions and no real specific requirements of me other than garage at night (because that is what I was premium rated at), but there was language, and it was subtle, that excluded coverage for everyday type of activities or errands (like running up to hardware or grocery store or picking kids up at school or checking the mail etc) that left me wondering what is it actually good for because they could argue the opposite side with just about any activity that you usually would undertake.
They would allow "pleasure trips" or "for testing purposes" or "to official club meets" but they really didn't define or expand on what those terms meant.
Is going out for ice cream on Sunday afternoon a "pleasure trip"?
What about a trip up the coast staying at motels along the way over a period of a week?
Is a trip to the auto part store an "errand" or is it "for testing purposes" and what happens if as long as you are in town you swing by the post office to check the mail or pick up something at the grocery store? Is this then a daily errand or still a pleasure trip?
There is a lot of gray area there

If you have a date of manufacture, classic, historic type license on your vehicle that limits your usage per state law that gives them another out because if you are using that vehicle outside of the legal parameters allowed by the license they won't cover the "illegal" activity.

And also, to cover your behind, if anything vague comes up make sure you get in writing specifics from your agent that you can "rely" on and prove if you have a mishap. It has been proven in court that just because an agent makes a representation doesn't make it binding on the insurer unless there is a proven component that you RELIED on the agents representation and it was a key component of your decision when you bought in.

Anyways, be careful and good luck with what ever you choose.

The following 2 users liked this post by McLeod:
Old 05-21-2024, 12:47 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Thank you very much, I will do this with due diligence.

I don't have "antique" license plates.
With this plate I do pay an extra fee that goes for cancer research,
They are personalized plates with the numbers being the day it rolled off the assembly line, May 10, 1976/

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-21-2024, 05:38 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

My truck turned 48 eleven days ago today.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-21-2024, 08:09 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,348 Likes on 1,142 Posts
Say "days".

The following 2 users liked this post by tbear853:
Old 05-21-2024, 08:32 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by tbear853
Say "days".
thank you

The following 2 users liked this post by Rubiranch:
Old 05-23-2024, 06:22 PM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Hi there DTO.

I'm loving the variety of photos you're posting in several threads.

Ba$tard !!

You may recall during the Covid BS period that Ivermectin was/is for horses only, kills humans, and etc, etc with the BS.

Well, I had to laugh when I saw a favorable article in the NIH website (link below).

The liars swore blind that it wouldn't work for Covid, but it's ok to use with cancer. LMFAO !

I say liars coz the very smart Doctor down in South Africa, Dr Shankara Chetty, convinced me in 2020 already that Ivermectin could be used safely and effectively (haha, where have we heard that expression?) ''off label''.

In addition, I observed friends with Covid who took Ivermectin (in the correct dose etc etc.)

Anyway, I thought of you immediately.

I like the idea of preventative measures/medicines/supplements as opposed to a hospital visit.

If you're a ''them'', read sections 2.1 and 2.5.

If you're a normal biological man, then have a look at 2.6 and 2.8 (or read it all if you're interested).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7505114/

I hope your shoulder and back are causing you less discomfort.

Old 05-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Thank, my back is killing me. My legs hurt soo bad there are times I can hardly walk.
When I first get out of bed in the morning I walk all hunched over like I'm 100 years old.
I hardly ever notice the shoulder any more.

I never took anything for Covid.
I participated in two clinical trials and neither one of then were approved for treatment anywhere near as fast as the shot was.
See where Fauci's wife worked.

The 410 started smoking under a load this past week.
Looks like its going to get parked for some time.
Who knows how long??
I know its going to sit until I recover from my back surgery and my first consultation isn't until July 19th.
I'm not quite as positive as I was not too long ago.

Old 05-24-2024, 04:31 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I'm truly sorry to hear that you're still in pain.

Hmmm, opioids block the pain receptors, and yet you still feel pain.

Opioids don't address the actual root cause.

I'll say it again. Start with the basics and get your blood work done. (I'll post the comprehensive list again if you didn't make a note of it.)

Here's two 'basic' examples using real people.

Severe daily headaches, lasting almost the entire day, every day, stopped within days following a magnesium supplement intake. (Medications hadn't helped.)

Insomnia stopped within days following a Melatonin supplement intake. (Medications hadn't helped.)

Yeah, when the test jab was available within months, I'd never seen a red flag that big !!

I'd like to see the return of the death penalty, and I'd like the clown politicians and clown fauci be the first to be given free accommodation at the ''Hotel Death Row'' for 82 days following their convictions.

Of course that ain't gonna happen.

I just looked up where fauci's wife works. Hmmm, no comment.

What gives you the most amount of fun in life at present ?

The truck !

So why park it up.

Let it smoke. You used to.

You're not as positive now coz you're taking the detrimental opioids.

Why wait until July 19th for a meeting when you can do something beneficial now ?

If your truck had the equivalent of your pains, you wouldn't give it the opioid equivalent. You'd fix the problem, or at least try to.

So why be different with your body ?

Yeah, it might be that your bones are the issue in which case no amount of blood work or supplements will work. But it might not.

Imagine driving your smokin' truck with a nice new comfortable good lookin' black bench seat. Just sayin'.

Old 05-24-2024, 08:34 AM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,348 Likes on 1,142 Posts
Oh man, I'm so sorry to read of your issues. To be out there in beautiful country and feel like you can't enjoy it ....

As to the truck smoking some under load, maybe just cut back on loads until you can re-ring it ... if that is the plan? I know you enjoy the camper, but it is a load to drag.

Quick Reply: My 1976 F-250