2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020 Lariat w/B&O - Stereo Upgrade Major #Fail

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 02:17 PM
fleming23
Tuned
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Go Seahawks!
You’re being a hell of a lot calmer about this than I would be!
Which is why his truck is getting addressed. You go in yelling/screaming and making threats and the company is going to be significantly less likely to want to, or care to, help make it right. Sure, you get an attorney, etc. etc., but after how many months does it take before that actually results in anything, meanwhile he would still be left with a non-functional truck.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Go Seahawks!
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fleming23
Which is why his truck is getting addressed. You go in yelling/screaming and making threats and the company is going to be significantly less likely to want to, or care to, help make it right. Sure, you get an attorney, etc. etc., but after how many months does it take before that actually results in anything, meanwhile he would still be left with a non-functional truck.
I absolutely agree with those sentiments. I never meant to imply it should be handled otherwise. But I think I would be using this forum to vent a little pent-up frustration. The OP is admirably calm about his new truck. I get bent up if someone parks next to me! 😂

Old 08-13-2020, 03:40 PM
grumblin
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Go Seahawks!
I absolutely agree with those sentiments. I never meant to imply it should be handled otherwise. But I think I would be using this forum to vent a little pent-up frustration. The OP is admirably calm about his new truck. I get bent up if someone parks next to me! 😂
When it's out of your hands there is no use in getting too worked up. no, i'm not happy but hey it will either get fixed... or I will own a car audio company lol!

Old 08-13-2020, 03:54 PM
grumblin
Senior User
Originally Posted by fleming23
Exactly. However, the calmer I get, the more they should be concerned Ha

Old 08-13-2020, 05:05 PM
slapshot12
More Turbo
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864
Is the B&O factory "premuim" sound system any better than the Sony premium I have in my 18? The Sony premium system sounds terrible.
My previous 350 Lariat had the Sony and my current 450 Platinum has the B&O. IMO, the B&O does sound noticeably better, but nowhere near high end aftermarket system better.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:26 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by slapshot12
My previous 350 Lariat had the Sony and my current 450 Platinum has the B&O. IMO, the B&O does sound noticeably better, but nowhere near high end aftermarket system better.
Lol......It’s doesn’t even have to be a high end aftermarket system.

The most basic 5 channel amp, 2 way component front speakers and a basic cheap sub in a pre-fab box from the aftermarket will blow away the B&O and Sony systems.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:30 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by grumblin
Oh yes, they're taking care of them. I dropped off a brand new, working truck. I will pick one up. They took the truck to the Ford dealership for diagnostics. This is not going to be a profitable job for them. It's still in the dealer shop. When the data communication issue is resolved, I will work with the shop on how/if to proceed further. I'm still pretty certain damage was done to the harness somewhere - and finding that is a real bear, I'm sure - it's got to be that or the APIM - there just isn't anything else that could cause the issue. If the APIM went bad, maybe Ford will cut them slack and warranty it since it's brand new. Either way, not my circus, not my monkey.
Awesome.

I hope everything gets worked out and I’m sure you won’t be going back to the car audio shop.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Spooledsrt
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm guessing the AmpPro AP4 isnt available for the 2020? Simple inline plug and play to get front, rear and sub out with line summing.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:20 PM
grumblin
Senior User
Originally Posted by Spooledsrt
I'm guessing the AmpPro AP4 isnt available for the 2020? Simple inline plug and play to get front, rear and sub out with line summing.
Regardless of what "should" work, as of right now, there is still no audio, gps or navigation. Looks like they'll be replacing a wiring harness and "a module" - not sure what the detail is because it was dropped off at the dealer by the audio shop. I'm pretty sure that the repair is going to exceed the cost of the job. The NAV-TV is a simple plug and play device as well - i like it because you can adjust the chimes and alerts to where you want them and what levels you want them at. It's a proven solution - I'm really not sure where it all went sideways, nor can I even begin to further speculate. It's all "tight-lipped" at this point. Looks like we'll be well into next week before it's resolved - sigh.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:23 PM
Spooledsrt
Tuned
Regardless of what "should" work, as of right now, there is still no audio, gps or navigation. Looks like they'll be replacing a wiring harness and "a module" - not sure what the detail is because it was dropped off at the dealer by the audio shop. I'm pretty sure that the repair is going to exceed the cost of the job. The NAV-TV is a simple plug and play device as well - i like it because you can adjust the chimes and alerts to where you want them and what levels you want them at. It's a proven solution - I'm really not sure where it all went sideways, nor can I even begin to further speculate. It's all "tight-lipped" at this point. Looks like we'll be well into next week before it's resolved - sigh.
PAC amp pro works the same way. Hope they figure it out for you

Old 08-14-2020, 04:10 PM
grumblin
Senior User
Thanks - just got a call from the dealer - they've got it squared away - audio / GPS / Navigation are now working as they should. It just reported it's position to FordPass for the first time since 7/27. They're keeping it for another day to look into why it's throwing a misfire code - they're going to warranty that - I'm going to say I think I got some questionable gas - it started surging at idle right after I filled it up.
Looks like this will get put to bed early next week - what a saga.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:45 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Unless PAC has made a change, the AmpPro was designed for Sony equipped Ford vehicles........not B&O equipped Ford vehicles hence the reason for using the NAV TV.

Some early B&O equipped Ford vehicles still used the Sony guts even though the system was stamped as B&O.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Spooledsrt
Tuned
Originally Posted by GABAR
Unless PAC has made a change, the AmpPro was designed for Sony equipped Ford vehicles........not B&O equipped Ford vehicles hence the reason for using the NAV TV.

Some early B&O equipped Ford vehicles still used the Sony guts even though the system was stamped as B&O.
I've been using it in my 19 for a year. Yes, it had the B&O. Works great

Old 08-18-2020, 01:03 PM
grumblin
Senior User
Thanks - just got a call from the dealer - they've got it squared away - audio / GPS / Navigation are now working as they should. It just reported it's position to FordPass for the first time since 7/27. They're keeping it for another day to look into why it's throwing a misfire code - they're going to warranty that - I'm going to say I think I got some questionable gas - it started surging at idle right after I filled it up.
Looks like this will get put to bed early next week - what a saga.
So the good news - the audio issues are squared away as reported above.
The bad news - looks like dropped lifters in both 6 and 7 cylinders. 588 miles and she's getting a new engine. Going to be another 3-4 weeks it looks like. Ford apparently wants a tear-down. Just another day in paradise.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:07 PM
Shelbyj2020
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the good news - the audio issues are squared away as reported above.
The bad news - looks like dropped lifters in both 6 and 7 cylinders. 588 miles and she's getting a new engine. Going to be another 3-4 weeks it looks like. Ford apparently wants a tear-down. Just another day in paradise.
Dafuk....that's not a good sign. What a bummer. 🤞

Quick Reply: 2020 Lariat w/B&O - Stereo Upgrade Major #Fail