2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 10:31 PM
79n40z
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
Yes. There are Ford All Weather heavy duty floor mats for designed carpeted trucks, and a different set of Ford All Weather heavy duty floor mats designed for vinyl floor trucks.

The differences deal directly with how the floor mats are retained in place, so if mat retention is an important feature (it was an essential safety factor and liability issue for my application), then one is urged to order the appropriate mats for the flooring application.

just to confirm KA will not clip into carpeted trucks with those 2 holes on the bottom ?

i want to remove the carpet mats and add these thicker mats. The left weathertech looking mats are to big and tend to move a lot.

thank you for any help provided
Gilbert

Old 05-17-2020, 08:28 AM
2020plati7.3
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 79n40z
just to confirm KA will not clip into carpeted trucks with those 2 holes on the bottom ?

i want to remove the carpet mats and add these thicker mats. The left weathertech looking mats are to big and tend to move a lot.

thank you for any help provided
Gilbert
I tried again at dealer....they only make the tray style ones...like that left pic ....the ones on right are only for vinyl floors ...that’s what they said for the 2020’s

Old 05-17-2020, 01:21 PM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
I did the Weathertech 3D, as far as I can tell they give you the best of both worlds, the fit from Weathertech and the softer rubber kind of material of the Husky. So far, I am really happy with them, they rinse right off, perfect coverage.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,418 Likes on 1,794 Posts
Originally Posted by 79n40z
just to confirm KA will not clip into carpeted trucks with those 2 holes on the bottom ? thank you for any help provided
Gilbert
@79n40z Gilbert, be certain to very carefully read ALL of the written notations on each of the photos presented in order to maintain orientation as to what is being shown.

Specifically, the driver's side mats are presented bottom side up, to show the underside, and the passenger side mats are presented bottom side down, to show the top surface... in order to reduce the number of photos needed to display the differences.

Super Duty trucks with carpeted floors do not have mat retention posts on the passenger side of the vehicle, but vinyl floor and carpet delete optioned trucks do have these posts, on both driver and passenger side.

I bought both styles of mats (BA and KA) and had them in my hands, at the same time, and simultaneously had both types of truck floors (vinyl and carpeted, both model year 2019) in my yard, at the same time. Recognizing that this coincidence is rather rare, even at a dealership, I took photos of the mats, and installed both types of mats in both types of flooring equipped trucks, and switched them around, and made observations.

I observed that the driver's side post spacing of the BA mats intended for carpeted floors was slightly shy of the on center distance between posts on the vinyl floors on the driver's side. A significant amount of force would be required to stretch the BA mat laterally in order to click into the posts on the driver's side of the vinyl floor. On the other hand, the KA mats designed for vinyl floors popped right in to the driver's side posts of the vinyl floor and fit perfectly, without distortion.

On the passenger side, there are no retention posts available on the carpeted floor. The vinyl floor is equipped with two retention posts, and the KA mat is formed with holes that take advantage of these retention posts to keep the passenger side mat very solidly in place, just like the driver's side. On the other hand, since the BA mat does not have the holes, the BA mat (for carpeted floors) not only can slide around on the vinyl floor, it also has to ride high over the posts on the vinyl floor.

There is a reason why Ford sells mats for carpeted floors, and a different set of mats for vinyl floors. Unfortunately, Ford does not explain the reasons... an omission that I think would help a lot of customers and dealers alike. This is why I bought both styles of Ford All Weather mats, to discover what those reasons are, and share those reasons here on FTE. I just happened to have two types of 2019 trucks that both needed mats, so nothing was wasted.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:50 PM
2020plati7.3
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
@79n40z Gilbert, be certain to very carefully read ALL of the written notations on each of the photos presented in order to maintain orientation as to what is being shown.

Specifically, the driver's side mats are presented bottom side up, to show the underside, and the passenger side mats are presented bottom side down, to show the top surface... in order to reduce the number of photos needed to display the differences.

Super Duty trucks with carpeted floors do not have mat retention posts on the passenger side of the vehicle, but vinyl floor and carpet delete optioned trucks do have these posts, on both driver and passenger side.

I bought both styles of mats (BA and KA) and had them in my hands, at the same time, and simultaneously had both types of truck floors (vinyl and carpeted, both model year 2019) in my yard, at the same time. Recognizing that this coincidence is rather rare, even at a dealership, I took photos of the mats, and installed both types of mats in both types of flooring equipped trucks, and switched them around, and made observations.

I observed that the driver's side post spacing of the BA mats intended for carpeted floors was slightly shy of the on center distance between posts on the vinyl floors on the driver's side. A significant amount of force would be required to stretch the BA mat laterally in order to click into the posts on the driver's side of the vinyl floor. On the other hand, the KA mats designed for vinyl floors popped right in to the driver's side posts of the vinyl floor and fit perfectly, without distortion.

On the passenger side, there are no retention posts available on the carpeted floor. The vinyl floor is equipped with two retention posts, and the KA mat is formed with holes that take advantage of these retention posts to keep the passenger side mat very solidly in place, just like the driver's side. On the other hand, since the BA mat does not have the holes, the BA mat (for carpeted floors) not only can slide around on the vinyl floor, it also has to ride high over the posts on the vinyl floor.

There is a reason why Ford sells mats for carpeted floors, and a different set of mats for vinyl floors. Unfortunately, Ford does not explain the reasons... an omission that I think would help a lot of customers and dealers alike. This is why I bought both styles of Ford All Weather mats, to discover what those reasons are, and share those reasons here on FTE. I just happened to have two types of 2019 trucks that both needed mats, so nothing was wasted.

damn.......well said.......this post will help many wondering same thing....

Old 05-17-2020, 01:58 PM
ForCal
Postmaster
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich53
I did the Weathertech 3D, as far as I can tell they give you the best of both worlds, the fit from Weathertech and the softer rubber kind of material of the Husky. So far, I am really happy with them, they rinse right off, perfect coverage.

Can you post some photos? The description by Weathertech makes it sound like the 3D version has less coverage than thier other floor liners.

Old 05-17-2020, 05:00 PM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
I have attached some photos, not the best, but hopefully you can see how they fit.

Passenger Side

Passenger Side

Driver's Side

Driver's Side

Driver's Side

Old 05-18-2020, 10:11 PM
Xsuperdutyfan
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 05-18-2020, 10:29 PM
Lamoon78
Laughing Gas
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by ForCal
Can you post some photos? The description by Weathertech makes it sound like the 3D version has less coverage than thier other floor liners.
They cover more than any of the Fords and to be honest more than any other brand that I have seen. I have the 3D as well.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:46 PM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 767 Likes on 404 Posts
I looked at weathertech 3D. They don't make one for the backseat. Supposedly my husky x-acts are enroute but taking longer than planned for some reason.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:53 AM
ejb69
More Turbo
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 2020plati7.3
Which mats do you guys think look better? The tray style or regular rubber style
I go with the tray style to contain the snow and mud that’s commonly on my boots.

Old 10-22-2020, 09:07 AM
losttrail
Tuned
Received 143 Likes on 89 Posts
I had WeatherTech laser fit on my 2016 F250 CC. I would rate them about 95% since there were a few places on the edges where they did not match up, fit as they should.

I was going to go with WeatherTech again for this new-to-me 2019 F250 CC, since at least I know what to expect. Have a trip home to Snowy MT on Monday, so want to get them ASAP instead of waiting for Mrs. Claus to get them.
Well, guess what? Amazon is Nov 18 or later, WeatherTech is 2-3 weeks to ship, no WeatherTech dealer within Colorado has them in stock. Why? COVID.
So I decided to check for Ford floor mats. No luck, going to be at least 3 weeks. Why? COVID.
I'm so sick and tired of COVID being the excuse for everything.
So, Husky X-Act Fit got ordered from Amazon yesterday, will be here Saturday. We'll see how they work out.

Old 10-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Lin19687
Cargo Master
Received 151 Likes on 133 Posts
How the F will you get them tomoorw if you ordered today ?
I ordered last week and they said out of stock till Nov something. But then updated and they will be here Saturday

Old 10-22-2020, 10:47 AM
Glcooper
Cross-Country
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I have the Husky X-act in the 2020 and love them so far, would definitely recommend these.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:21 PM
losttrail
Tuned
Received 143 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Lin19687
How the F will you get them tomoorw if you ordered today ?
I ordered last week and they said out of stock till Nov something. But then updated and they will be here Saturday
Yep, goofed that. Got up thinking today was Friday. They will be here Saturday. Watching the grandkids all weekend so our daughter & s-in-l can have their anniversary weekend. 4+ year old and 1+ year old. Them them like nobody's business, but WOW! That's a lot of energy.

Quick Reply: Floor mats?