2021+ Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!

Bronco World Premiere Spring 2020

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 03:22 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bk4gbay
YoGeorge, I will for sure lower my expectations then lol As a lifelong Ford guy, I figured I could visit the Ford museum while I am there as well. I also enjoy seeing the latest innovations Ford and other manufactures have to offer. Thanks for the info though!
I would not discourage your coming to Detroit if you have not been here--the summer auto show is a big change from January. I used to take the bus downtown when I was 12 (1964) onward to see the show. The most memorable premiere was the VW Bug, where VW had a whole side room rented with 15+ Bugs; they still had lines to get into them. Hint, go right when the show opens on a weekday morning... In the 80's, I used to work downtown and had a press pass to the show, so I could go on media week which was the week preceding the show and although displays were not finished and models were not there, the cars were there, with no lines. And yummy free buffets at press events

Absolutely you need to see the Henry Ford Museum, and because it'll be summer, spend a day at Greenfield Village. Hell, you can prowl some of the roads around Dearborn and you might see a test car on the road My son used to race bicycles and one of the local races was in a closed office park (on a Sunday) in Allen Park which is still Ford country. I went for a walk and Ford R&D had a bunch of labs in that stretch of buildings so I saw some interesting stuff behind fences.

Detroit dealers should get Broncos quick because the plant is in Wayne, MI. I don't think they do tours there but they do tours at the Rouge plant so you can watch the F-150 line.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:15 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by johnday
Last I looked, my 150 had IFS. How many prerunners and Baja racecars have IFS? The Raptor? Now I can see something like SD's and larger with a SFA, but those are actually made for work, where as an F150/Ranger/Bronco are just nice cars. I might be wrong, but just the nature of the beast, IFS, can articulate right from the gitgo with no mods, unlike a SFA with leaf springs, unless you put quite a few bucks into it.
Just before I read this post, I was thinking about ALL the high end race trucks. They have tried and true IFS. I am sure that there are few failures with these front suspensions in these race vehicles.

I was posting on other threads about serious offroaders doing SAS work on the new Bronco, but now I am thinking maybe not.

I know Ford went with the IFS for the economical manufacturing practicality, yet Ford has been working with A arm truck suspension configurations since the at least 1997.

We know that automobiles are designed for the masses, and customized by the enthusiast.

I will purchase a Bronco because I am a Bronco fan.

Old 01-30-2020, 03:58 PM
ovenrat
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"We know that automobiles are designed for the masses, and customized by the enthusiast. "

the whole shebang in a nutshell

Old 01-30-2020, 09:12 PM
Stampede.Offroad
Senior User
Originally Posted by khadma
... I was thinking about ALL the high end race trucks. They have tried and true IFS. ....
Those race suspensions are nothing like what you'd see in a retail unit. Half of them have rear mounted engines so the front arms can be mounted inches from one another (like a side by side) -- not much use as a truck at that point, or suv as the case may be.

Old 01-31-2020, 05:03 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Originally Posted by Stampede.Offroad
Those race suspensions are nothing like what you'd see in a retail unit. Half of them have rear mounted engines so the front arms can be mounted inches from one another (like a side by side) -- not much use as a truck at that point, or suv as the case may be.
I donʻt think I said that race suspensions would make it into production vehicles. The technology learned from race vehicles will.

The point of the matter is that A arm independent front suspensions have their place in the off road arena today, next to or instead of a solid front axle. At first I believed a solid front axle is the end all in suspensions, but since it is 2020, I like the advancement in technology which is now a far cry from

70ʻs TTB and TIB Ford technology. (I still own Fords with these to front suspensions by the way!)

THINK FORD MUTT.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:24 PM
willynilly
Fleet Mechanic
Received 350 Likes on 216 Posts
i think ford was targeting the jelly beans all along and never had intentions of picking a fight with jeep

Old 02-02-2020, 08:16 AM
Stampede.Offroad
Senior User
Originally Posted by willynilly
i think ford was targeting the jelly beans all along and never had intentions of picking a fight with jeep
Their marketing fluff seems to target Wrangler and Jeep directly, but I suspect that is largely meant to be for people who don't know what makes the Wrangler good at what it does in the first place. So any catchy sounding nonsense would seem convincing.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:27 PM
Stampede.Offroad
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stampede.Offroad
Ford has finally given us a date, of sorts.

Bronco World Premiere Spring 2020

https://twitter.com/Ford

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/1190206988770254849

Might be happening sooner than midnight of June 21st ...

Ford plans Bronco reveal in March; dealers learn details

Official: Bronco Reveal Coming March! Bronco Sport Reveal Follows in April

Could be in TX at he Dallas auto show??

https://www.dallasautoshow.com/

March 18-22

Old 02-19-2020, 09:09 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My excitement for this Bronco died when I was looking at Jeep Wrangler prices. The Bronco 4-door will likely be more than a similarly equipped Ranger, which are over priced as well. These vehicle prices are out of control. I hope my Ranger last 15 years.....

Old 02-20-2020, 06:03 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,235 Likes on 811 Posts
Originally Posted by 2.7EcoBoost
My excitement for this Bronco died when I was looking at Jeep Wrangler prices. The Bronco 4-door will likely be more than a similarly equipped Ranger, which are over priced as well. These vehicle prices are out of control. I hope my Ranger last 15 years.....
Shoot, F-series prices are out of control. I'm not buying another truck, I'm buying a small econo-box to supplement my truck.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:35 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
I am looking forward to see what they actually come out with. We all know what has been reported, but will not know until we see it whether it will have lived up to all the hype we have been reading.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:16 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Originally Posted by Toyman
I am looking forward to see what they actually come out with. We all know what has been reported, but will not know until we see it whether it will have lived up to all the hype we have been reading.
A Youtuber mentioned that the Bronco launch will be accompanied with some sort of accessory/equipment catalog. I guessing an aftermarket/OEM blend of upgrades.

I am pretty sure there were many companies that had engineering CAD files on their design desks. Can you imagine the Non Disclosure pressure? I bet there was a high dollar amount attached to it.

Ford has done a pretty good job at keeping the Bronco under wraps and the hype seems to be working.

The Bronco will probably be the last new truck I buy. (I NEED A MUSTANG TOO)

Old 02-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Have one by next February so I can borrow it when I come back to the island.....

Old 02-22-2020, 01:39 PM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
From the "spy shots" I've seen floating around I think the Bronco will have a removable top - good news. I also suspect Dana will offer a solid front axle for the Bronco within the first two years of production.

This could be reall, really good.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:58 AM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Every time I post - I then see something that makes me think I'm wasting my time...

reports of a true C-pillar and roof on a raw Bronco body...

i really do care what the next generation Bronco will be, but I'm frustrated at myself for even getting into any speculation, spy shots or anything else. Argggg!

Quick Reply: Bronco World Premiere Spring 2020