Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2019 Ranger
Reload this Page >

Only one engine? How dare they do that!!!!

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

Only one engine? How dare they do that!!!!

Old 04-20-2019, 04:10 PM
WXboy
Postmaster
WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.WXboy has a good reputation on FTE.
The Jeep Wrangler had two options for it's first two generations, then went to one option for the third generation. It didn't seem to hurt sales at all. In fact, sales increased during the 3rd gen and it became one of the best selling SUVs in the world.

Interestingly, the fourth generation is back to having two options with a third coming later this year. I think that the trend of offering options to buyers is spreading across all brands again and it's a good thing.We went through a decade or two where automakers went to one engine option to try and maximize profit and save money on R&D and assembly. But now we're seeing a reversal.

The only reason the Ranger is saddled with one engine option is because Ford stuffed it into the lineup as quickly as possible to try and catch some of the heat from the midsize truck resurgence that's happening. It's pretty obvious it was a rush job when you look at the interior and it reminds you of your grandmother's 8 year old Edge, and you look at the keypad on the door and it looks like Fisher Price made it and attached it with 3M double sided tape.

When the truly new Ranger appears in 2021 I believe it will cure all these issues....IF the midsize truck fad stays hot.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:34 PM
joedOH
New User
joedOH is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know how anyone can complain about the 2.3, it has ample power to do anything I would want. I don't think the truck is fast but I didn't buy it to go fast. Compared to my Tacoma 2.7 with 5 speed the Ranger has almost twice the power.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:56 AM
NASSTY
Posting Guru
NASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to allNASSTY is a name known to all
Originally Posted by joedOH View Post
I don't know how anyone can complain about the 2.3, it has ample power to do anything I would want. I don't think the truck is fast but I didn't buy it to go fast. Compared to my Tacoma 2.7 with 5 speed the Ranger has almost twice the power.
They are pretty fast with a tune.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:22 AM
joedOH
New User
joedOH is starting off with a positive reputation.
Having just picked up a new Ranger Saturday I commented that it has ample power but felt it wasn't all that fast. Well, that was before I tried sport mode today. It really transforms the vehicle into a totally different beast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: