Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was this a good deal or am I an idiot?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 10:21 AM
'89F2urd
Lead Driver
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts
Looks good to me, and looks like a fair "I'm looking for one right now" price.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll vote for "not horrible". Sucks to pay big to get it to you, but the buying cost itself isn't out of line. Ya, does have some rust, but a fender is easy to replace. The underside looks reasonable.
It only matters what YOU think, no one else. Throwing some money at it is STILL cheaper then a new truck!!! Any you can work on it!!! Bushings are an easy fix.

When I bought my current '95 F150, I paid $8K for it. One owner, 60K miles, garage kept, winter stored cream puff Ohio truck. Too much? I don't care, it's mine and proud to drive it. I get stopped constantly and complimented on how nice it is. Much cheaper then a new truck.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:32 PM
Inside Man
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not bad. In my opinion i would have been upset at the fact that the seller didn't list or take pictures of the problem areas of the truck in which you were surprised to see when you got it. We should expect this from an eBay sale.

As a matter of fact to me he perposely avoided getting them in the pics judging by the looks of them. He was sure to get pics of the passengers seats but FORGOT to get the same angle pics of the drivers seat with the rip and distant pics of body panels with the rust. Most of the pics that people take to sell also have pics of the tires tread depth. No pics and not stated in the description. Maybe I over looked it.

That being said there could be some underlying problems that will eventually rear their heads and even if you would have contacted the seller, unless asked flat out about ( How's the drivers seat? How's the trans? How's the tires? How are the bushings? ) he wouldn't have disclosed it. So how much do you trust him at this point.

Not calling the seller a liar just saying he knew exactly what he was doing with the pics and leaving the critical info out of the description.

Im thinking that's probably why he didn't sell it locally which would have been less of a pain for him.

Never the less if you feel it was a good deal, then it was. But I'm guessing if you had to get on a forum to ask opinions, then there are doubts in your mind. Could be wrong.

I love that color combo and good luck with it.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Big_Al59
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Little high priced by the time you add it all up. No rust issues here so there's still a lot of old trucks around. I'm surprised to see that much rust on a Nevada rig.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
I dunno how that truck hasn't been scrapped out by now Brad.I mean just look at the thing.So dangerous,it's not even fit for the road.

That fender is just about ready to fall right off! This 4wd is only 23 years old! Someone sure didn't take very good care of her! This is outrageous.

Someone should really go after sellers like this.How dare they sell them something like that! Something must be done to put a stop to this madness!

Did I lay it on thick enough? lol. Ok someones been having some fun too it looks like.Doing some burnouts.The rear tire is bald.What else are seeing on the truck I'm not? The frame and the floor look real nice.Bed looks good.Sure looks solid to me.I guess trucks stay way better than they do here.I figured they would be comparable.These 9th gens are a thing of the past around here.10 years ago they were running around looking like Swiss cheese.Been as very,very long time since we've any like that around up here.

Oh, so you are entitled to your option an I am not.

Well you missed the rot in the rear wheel wells as well and the rotten rad support

Like I said. Overpriced for a rusted 22 year old truck with 276k on it. Be A different story if it was at leas t 100k less miles or NOT rotten. But neither of those are true on this truck
He currently has over $8000 into it and more than likely would not be able to get that out of it. I see trucks around here in the 4-5k mark but under 200k and equivalent rust

I am confused as to how a dry nevada truck is rotten

Old 02-18-2019, 04:31 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
i don't know about that Brad.

there are people out there that pay $15-18 grand for trucks that are in way worse condition than that one, with way more miles.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:12 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by tjc transport

there are people out there that pay $15-18 grand for trucks that are in way worse condition than that one, with way more miles.

I can't say I have ever seen or heard of one selling for that much with MORE miles and more rust.

But please feel free to show examples you have seen

Old 02-18-2019, 09:27 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
whats the rubber looking thing that goes on the bottom of rockers and fender?

Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
I dunno how that truck hasn't been scrapped out by now Brad.I mean just look at the thing.So dangerous,it's not even fit for the road.

That fender is just about ready to fall right off! This 4wd is only 23 years old! Someone sure didn't take very good care of her! This is outrageous.

Someone should really go after sellers like this.How dare they sell them something like that! Something must be done to put a stop to this madness!

Did I lay it on thick enough? lol. Ok someones been having some fun too it looks like.Doing some burnouts.The rear tire is bald.What else are seeing on the truck I'm not? The frame and the floor look real nice.Bed looks good.Sure looks solid to me.I guess trucks stay way better than they do here.I figured they would be comparable.These 9th gens are a thing of the past around here.10 years ago they were running around looking like Swiss cheese.Been as very,very long time since we've any like that around up here.

why is the door rubber molding going over the door gap?

Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 PM
westcoasting
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cooltapes
I bought this truck on eBay sight unseen. Ended up spending 6600 for it and 1200 to ship it to me. Spent 1000 for a new set of BFGs once it got here and have been going through the truck. Basically all the bushings on the suspension are shot and the interior needs some work. (New headliner and the driver seat is ripped) other than that, do you think this is going to be a money pit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Ford-F...app-cvip-panel
It already is a bit of a money pit but you probably knew that going in. Too late to worry about, just keep fixing it and enjoy!

Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Skip1970
why is the door rubber molding going over the door gap?

I am gonna say it had the factory fiberglass steps that had the structure rot off. When they removed the step, they for some reason didn't remove the weather strip

Old 02-19-2019, 06:00 AM
HardScrabble
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A new diesel truck can easily cost ten times as much.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:02 AM
grumpyinme.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you got a good deal,remember if it makes you happy,screw what everyone else says.I got my 94 f250 in new mexico,never saw winter,keeped inside,I payed a lot more than you.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:42 AM
JakeHan
Elder User
I’m betting the seller is “that guy”, and it’s NOT a local trade - at least not originally (based on the rust). There is (or was) a guy selling “classics” from AZ that ran that racket for a few years, hauling stuff in from who knows where and re-selling it, a lot of em came from Colorado, come to find out, and had salt damage (knew a guy who stopped and looked there once, saw a hotshotter drop off some with out-of-state plates, and they were on the ‘net a week later). Buyer beware on auctions, while I don’t think he did that bad based on what they sell for here in MT, like was stated - there’s probably a reason he didn’t sell it local. These are sought after enough I get notes left under my wiper in parking lots - “if you ever want to sell this....”

Brad - I couldn’t see the wheel wells or core support rust. Did I miss some pictures? Trying to learn - thanks! Wanted to see if you had an indicator I don’t know about,a sag or a warp or something.

Skip - are you talking about the weatherstrip welting hanging underneath, or the trim mounding with the chrome in it? The hanging stuff is from factory fiberglass steps (I think DeeZee made some similar ones back when) that either died of gravel damage or landed on a boulder (or somebody just didn’t like em) and did a hack taking em off, it’s like 5 minutes to finish the job? If you meant the upper, they all are like that, I think, at least my 2 both have an angled end and hang back off the fender to hide some of the gap. The camera angle is amplifying it, though,maybe....or maybe it IS farther back, guessing you’re thinking it’s been put back on wrong? Quite possible, it’s not new....... Back to the sight unseen thing.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:07 AM
JakeHan
Elder User
Ah, got the eBay pics to open, see the fender well - but still didn’t spot the core support rust - where am I not looking?

Where do the tee-ed in heater hoses go? Did he put a tank heater on it?

Quick Reply: Was this a good deal or am I an idiot?