Towing with golf cart on truck... - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Towing with golf cart on truck...

Old 01-11-2019, 09:52 AM
EDC8008
Elder User
EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.
First if you back the golf cart into the truck more of the weight will be forward of the rear axle and easier to compensate for. The front of the cart is super light as all it has is the front axle. All the weight is towards the rear of these carts.

I would then highly recommend air bags. Air bags will give you better control of the weight on the truck itself. If you're not loaded 5 lbs is all you need in them.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Essayon
Freshman User
Essayon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Essayon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Earn88fan View Post
.....the golf cart is 700 to 900 lbs I'm guessing....
If the cart is electric its probably closer to 1200 lbs.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Earn88fan
Freshman User
Earn88fan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by EDC8008 View Post
First if you back the golf cart into the truck more of the weight will be forward of the rear axle and easier to compensate for. The front of the cart is super light as all it has is the front axle. All the weight is towards the rear of these carts.

I would then highly recommend air bags. Air bags will give you better control of the weight on the truck itself. If you're not loaded 5 lbs is all you need in them.
thanks....looking into getting air bags.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.