North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Fall 2018 BS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 854 Likes on 772 Posts
Think I'll sneak over the border tomorrow to see our daughter. Looking into another route so as to avoid I40 Supposed to do some porch roof work but, looks like rain.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
George, how did your visit go?

How's everyone doing this week?

Old 11-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
dads "sick" and still no luck on the job front for me...

Old 11-12-2018, 09:32 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Hi Josh. Visit went real well. Wet coming down on Friday. Took a lot of back roads to avoid high traffic areas. Saw a lot of old vehicles along the way down and back. Hyco Lake is pretty. Our pup (chi mix) enjoyed playing with grandson's dog (Lab mix) they got along fairly well except when it came to food....
Did you get a request from sxgriff to join the Chapter? Need to know so I can collect my commission
Have to make another trip without the wife and dog but, with the truck and trailer to check on a couple of finds...

Old 11-12-2018, 09:45 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Sparky83
dads "sick" and still no luck on the job front for me...
Too bad about your Dad, Shaw. Best wishes for him.
Roof job here in Virginia????

Old 11-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by GLR
Too bad about your Dad, Shaw. Best wishes for him.
Roof job here in Virginia????
dont fall off... them granules pop off easier when its cold...

Old 11-16-2018, 06:15 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening everyone...

Been stupid busy around here, did get our metal roof installed, next project is going to be a master bathroom overhaul... probably gonna start picking up stuff for that this weekend I reckon. Got to get in with that so I can switch my focus to tearing Ol' blue back apart again.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by GLR
Hi Josh. Visit went real well. Wet coming down on Friday. Took a lot of back roads to avoid high traffic areas. Saw a lot of old vehicles along the way down and back. Hyco Lake is pretty. Our pup (chi mix) enjoyed playing with grandson's dog (Lab mix) they got along fairly well except when it came to food....
Did you get a request from sxgriff to join the Chapter? Need to know so I can collect my commission
Have to make another trip without the wife and dog but, with the truck and trailer to check on a couple of finds...
I’ll have to check later on today. Things here are crazy this weekend, with the nieces and nephew staying over for the weekend. I finally have test subjects to try different recipes on. The first night I did a sort of sweet Carolina style pulled pork. Depressingly, i was told it was my best pork butt to date.

also, my beef stew is ‘bland’...

weve ave had a whole lot of rain lately, so I’m not surprised on the traffic.

Shawn, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he’s feeling better. What kind of work are you looking for? There’s not much of anything up in the area you are in.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc

I’ll have to check later on today. Things here are crazy this weekend, with the nieces and nephew staying over for the weekend. I finally have test subjects to try different recipes on. The first night I did a sort of sweet Carolina style pulled pork. Depressingly, i was told it was my best pork butt to date.

also, my beef stew is ‘bland’...

weve ave had a whole lot of rain lately, so I’m not surprised on the traffic.

Shawn, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he’s feeling better. What kind of work are you looking for? There’s not much of anything up in the area you are in.
nothing really in particular... id just like something where im not dealing with the public... (no customer service).. i just wanna go to work... do my job and come home... dealing with co-workers is one thing.. but after doing CS type jobs since i was in HS, im pretty much sick of dealing with people... biggest problem im running into is everyone wants exp but dont have the exp for the decent paying jobs...

Old 11-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
nothing really in particular... id just like something where im not dealing with the public... (no customer service).. i just wanna go to work... do my job and come home... dealing with co-workers is one thing.. but after doing CS type jobs since i was in HS, im pretty much sick of dealing with people... biggest problem im running into is everyone wants exp but dont have the exp for the decent paying jobs...
That's about right. Gotta have training or experience for most decent paying jobs. Thought you were a welder. Are you not certified?

Old 11-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
George, got around to the approval's today. Should be good to go!

Old 11-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
That's about right. Gotta have training or experience for most decent paying jobs. Thought you were a welder. Are you not certified?
i can weld but never had a job doing it... took classes back when i lived in VB... Aced them.. 4.0 gpa... they just give you a certificate of completion.. they dont actually certify you... through the school i have the equivalent to 1 year worth of real world exp.. but everyone wants 5 or more...

Old 11-21-2018, 07:00 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
George, got around to the approval's today. Should be good to go!
Thanks, Josh

Forgot to mention, that when cruising NC roads, that I didn't see any stop or road signs with bullet holes in them.
Not like VA where shooting at the signs seems the norm..

Old 11-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend

Finally fixed the wobbly side wall issue. Now the tail gate will stay closed when i want it to be closed used the turnbuckle thing like a chain binder...

Old 11-23-2018, 11:55 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,107 Likes on 1,795 Posts

Finally fixed the wobbly side wall issue. Now the tail gate will stay closed when i want it to be closed used the turnbuckle thing like a chain binder...
Why not use a chain binder?
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3758_200673758
This way if you need to remove the chain it is easy and you don't need to deal with turning that thing you have LOL
BTW nice job on the cart
Dave ----

Quick Reply: Fall 2018 BS