6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

As close to stock deletes as possible.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 09:52 AM
blue66tang95f150
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As close to stock deletes as possible.

Hi guys, have had my 2014 for less than a year, put about 25k on it and have had zero issues. Its got almost 120k on it now, and i think it is time to delete it. However, i want to keep this truck as stock running as possible. I don't want any horsepower upgrades, tow tunes, or any of that. I just wasn't to get rid of the egr, def, exhaust stuff other than muffler and have no dumb tuner screen on my dash anywhere. I just want it to be a stock truck with no emission stuff on it. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Old 08-09-2018, 11:39 AM
FSeybert
Mountain Pass
Call Jared at Midwest Diesel. I'm sure he can get you the 'stuff' and the program you desire.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:21 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Apparently Mexican spec trucks are built identically to North American spec trucks, minus DOC/SCR/DPF and EGR I think. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures or access to any VINs of such vehicles to back up and confirm those claims. If anyone can post such pics, please do.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is about as close as stock as you can get. I do have the option to shift power levels, but it's not necessary.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 PM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
SCT x4. I bought the delete kit( muffler, exhaust and tuner). Followed the directions on the tuner, unplugged the egr and blocked the required ports. Changed the exhaust and wrapped everything all up nicely for reattachment if necessary and went with the stock tune. I use the tuner to change my tire size as i have some 35 inch nittos i run in the winter and stock steelies for highway runs and summer driving., otherwise, stock and no tuner plugged in. simple, easy and updateable...

Old 08-09-2018, 09:17 PM
dieselfueladdict
Freshman User
I got an H&S when I deleted mine. In hind sight, I could of gotten an SCT and been just as happy. Unless I want to watch temperatures, it sits in the center console. I run it on the "stock" tune and it's more than enough power for me. (Don't want to blow the turbo yet)
I did the delete pipe (flo-pro) and kept the stock tailpipe. If the straight pipe is too loud you can add a muffler pretty easy to it, but it's not very loud IMO. Also, have someone help if you can set the dpf/scr/doc down when you unbolt it, it's not light.
I did the full egr delete (sinister) to clean up the engine bay. I thought it was easy, (about 3-4 hours myself) but others may not think so. Block off plates do just as well.
This was in 2015 when my pickup went out of its 5 year warranty. Had about 40,000 miles at the time, now at about 75,000.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:25 AM
cangim
Postmaster
SCT X4 is what I use, I do run a tow tune and if you are aggressive off a stop you can get the slightest puff then it cleans up. For my driving I am not ver aggressive and the turbo stays in front of it, no visible smoke. I went with flo pro and mufflers.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:36 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 164 Posts
Not sure why you want to fix what isn't giving you problems.
Save your money and take your wife or girlfriend to Ruth Chris for a nice dinner.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,376 Likes on 4,634 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bone
Not sure why you want to fix what isn't giving you problems.
Save your money and take your wife or girlfriend to Ruth Chris for a nice dinner.
I understand the sentiment you are describing but some guys want more. What I mean by that, for me at least, is that the factory tunes these trucks for the masses. While for most people, this will do. But for some people like myself, we want a little more than just the conservative factory tuning of our trucks. Please allow me to explain:

My feeling is that the factory tuning and shift strategy for the 6R140 leaves room for much improvement. These trucks shift way too fast into the overdrive gears at too low speeds, so when you start going up a slight hill or so, the engine lugs which probably creates more soot to fill the DPF and takes too long to drop into 5th or even 4th. I'm just a daily driver with mine for now but can't imagine what it's like pulling a decent load. I know there's the TOW mode button to help with the shifts but there is definitely potential improvement in the shifting of our auto boxes. That would be my number one priority to me in a tune.

Also, tuning the truck with a daily driver or light tow tune would definitely make the truck more responsive and fun to drive with the new improved transmission shifting to get the power to the ground. If you keep your foot off the floor, you will probably see more miles per gallon due to the new found power which will keep you moving and the engine in the proper RPM range. I am looking to tune my truck with emissions on. I'm not a huge fan of the DPF and emissions stuff, but unfortunately, we are stuck with it. I'm not a fan of deleting because I worry about being on a road trip or even being around my area here locally and coming across a State DEC officer or Trooper with a h**d on for deleted trucks. While I understand making more power will throw a red flag inside the ECM, I usually drive conservatively, don't beat my truck and maintain it well. I do enough highway and country road driving with the city driving to get the truck hot and let it complete regens. I have New York State Commercial plates and we have adopted CARB's laws. They don't do exhaust testing here (only downstate in the NYC and Long Island area) but an Officer with the knowledge and eye for straight pipes/aftermarket tailpipes can give someone a hassle. As everyone all knows, New York is a liberal or blue state, but not all of us are liberals.

I just worry about having bad luck and getting pinched over being deleted if I did it. I just don't see good things ahead for deleted trucks. Just my 2 cents.

With all this being said, if I said I wasn't worried at all about my warranty (I'm currently at 28,700 miles), I'd be lying. I plan on dropping the 6R140 fluid by 30k miles, dropping the pan, new filter and clean off magnet; add 9 more quarts of Motorcraft Mercon LV to maintain the additive package in the fluid. I still have to install my FS2500 bypass oil filter. I am overkill when it comes to my maintenance. I take care of my truck and don't beat on it. I probably wouldn't have any problems and I believe the improved shifting tune with my maintenance plan will make the transmission last longer. My 2 cents.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:27 PM
blue66tang95f150
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I understand the sentiment you are describing but some guys want more. What I mean by that, for me at least, is that the factory tunes these trucks for the masses. While for most people, this will do. But for some people like myself, we want a little more than just the conservative factory tuning of our trucks. Please allow me to explain:

My feeling is that the factory tuning and shift strategy for the 6R140 leaves room for much improvement. These trucks shift way too fast into the overdrive gears at too low speeds, so when you start going up a slight hill or so, the engine lugs which probably creates more soot to fill the DPF and takes too long to drop into 5th or even 4th. I'm just a daily driver with mine for now but can't imagine what it's like pulling a decent load. I know there's the TOW mode button to help with the shifts but there is definitely potential improvement in the shifting of our auto boxes. That would be my number one priority to me in a tune.

Also, tuning the truck with a daily driver or light tow tune would definitely make the truck more responsive and fun to drive with the new improved transmission shifting to get the power to the ground. If you keep your foot off the floor, you will probably see more miles per gallon due to the new found power which will keep you moving and the engine in the proper RPM range. I am looking to tune my truck with emissions on. I'm not a huge fan of the DPF and emissions stuff, but unfortunately, we are stuck with it. I'm not a fan of deleting because I worry about being on a road trip or even being around my area here locally and coming across a State DEC officer or Trooper with a h**d on for deleted trucks. While I understand making more power will throw a red flag inside the ECM, I usually drive conservatively, don't beat my truck and maintain it well. I do enough highway and country road driving with the city driving to get the truck hot and let it complete regens. I have New York State Commercial plates and we have adopted CARB's laws. They don't do exhaust testing here (only downstate in the NYC and Long Island area) but an Officer with the knowledge and eye for straight pipes/aftermarket tailpipes can give someone a hassle. As everyone all knows, New York is a liberal or blue state, but not all of us are liberals.

I just worry about having bad luck and getting pinched over being deleted if I did it. I just don't see good things ahead for deleted trucks. Just my 2 cents.

With all this being said, if I said I wasn't worried at all about my warranty (I'm currently at 28,700 miles), I'd be lying. I plan on dropping the 6R140 fluid by 30k miles, dropping the pan, new filter and clean off magnet; add 9 more quarts of Motorcraft Mercon LV to maintain the additive package in the fluid. I still have to install my FS2500 bypass oil filter. I am overkill when it comes to my maintenance. I take care of my truck and don't beat on it. I probably wouldn't have any problems and I believe the improved shifting tune with my maintenance plan will make the transmission last longer. My 2 cents.
Im not wanting to delete it for any of those reasons. I am perfectly happy with power, shifting, fuel mileage etc. The only reason I want to delete is because of longevity. I don't believe having exhaust gas recirculating through an engine is good on any engine, and I want reliability, fewer things to go wrong. I would be pretty annoyed stranded because of some stupid emissions issue.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:30 PM
blue66tang95f150
More Turbo
Anybody have any suggestions on where to buy the stuff. I virtually never buy aftermarket crap for any of my work/daily vehicles, so I have no clue where a good well established reputable source is for deletes and tunes.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:36 PM
blue66tang95f150
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Deuce40s
Mine is about as close as stock as you can get. I do have the option to shift power levels, but it's not necessary.

What did you go with?

Old 08-14-2018, 02:16 PM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blue66tang95f150
What did you go with?
EZ-Lynk tuner
PPEI tunes
Shift on the Fly switch
No Limit EGR block off plates
Flo Pro 4" delete pipe
Donaldson 40" muffler

I bought most of it from Alligator Performance. I can't recommend PPEI tunes at this time. I am not happy with the transmission behavior and they are unwilling to help me diagnose it. I know the issue is with the tuning, but they told me their tune doesn't impact the trans. The tunes are also more smokey than I think is necessary.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:28 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,376 Likes on 4,634 Posts
Originally Posted by blue66tang95f150
Im not wanting to delete it for any of those reasons. I am perfectly happy with power, shifting, fuel mileage etc. The only reason I want to delete is because of longevity. I don't believe having exhaust gas recirculating through an engine is good on any engine, and I want reliability, fewer things to go wrong. I would be pretty annoyed stranded because of some stupid emissions issue.
Trust me. I understand why someone would want to delete. Hell, if it was legal and I didn't worry so much, I would do it when my warranty expired. I'd love to be able to hear the turbo whistle though the exhaust and have the truck sound more like a diesel. But not too loud, I'm not getting any younger. I hear you about the exhaust gas also. Look into a methanol injection system. It makes more power, gives you one or two more MPG and the engine runs cleaner and cooler. Just because I don't want to delete my truck doesn't mean I don't understand the reason behind it... cleaner engine.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:56 PM
swlakingranch
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Deuce40s
EZ-Lynk tuner
PPEI tunes
Shift on the Fly switch
No Limit EGR block off plates
Flo Pro 4" delete pipe
Donaldson 40" muffler

I bought most of it from Alligator Performance. I can't recommend PPEI tunes at this time. I am not happy with the transmission behavior and they are unwilling to help me diagnose it. I know the issue is with the tuning, but they told me their tune doesn't impact the trans. The tunes are also more smokey than I think is necessary.
I feel you on the PPEI trans issues and they were not much to me when I contacted them either. I just bit the bullet and bought Tyrant tunes for my EZ Lynk. The tunes from Tyrant are much better, no more shifting issues and cleaner too. Mike @ no limit fabrications gave me a pretty good deal on the Tyrant tunes.

Quick Reply: As close to stock deletes as possible.