Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 F350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 04:53 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Only if they fell into the certain production date

Old 08-08-2019, 09:27 AM
lance65
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
Only if they fell into the certain production date
Alcoa never asked me for a production date. My wheels weren't even cracked and they replaced them no questions asked.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:34 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by lance65
Alcoa never asked me for a production date. My wheels weren't even cracked and they replaced them no questions asked.
Thats weird. I have had several set replaced over the years. and others they would not due to production date

Old 12-18-2019, 11:21 PM
0500757Arf
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I said I would do a more detailed thread update but maybe that’ll happen on the next update! For now here’s another quick update that again I’m sure I’m leaving things out but I’ll try and cover as much as I can. Unfortunately things haven’t been all sunshine and daisies like they promised me it would be since my “final” surgery in August. Still haven’t been able to return to work because of it and also unable to work on the truck a lot for the same reason but I pluck along slowly when I have a good day or can find the power to get after it for a few hours. Got the body all back together. Inside bed was a DIY bed liner job. Also installed bed lights that come on with the cargo lights and they work AMAZING. I found a 12pk of rocklights on Amazon warehouse open box for $13 so figured I’d scoop them up and find a use for them and this was the perfect place for em. They’re bright, LED so long lasting and don’t draw much current, weather proof, submersible in water, and very durable. Put the gooseneck plate back in. Installed a new diff cover I customized a bit to mimic the expensive “Mag-Hytek” covers cause I love to look of the Mag-Hyteks but not the price tag. I was very happy with how the cover came out and especially the price that I bought a few more for my other trucks. Installed the on board air set up with train horns and a rear air bag spring assist set up. Going to do a whole thread on the air ride/air bag set up for those interested. I switched to a straight pipe exhaust because I realized even with my muffler system the truck was still obnoxiously loud but basically I found all the muffler really did was kill turbo whistle noise which I particularly like to hear so I’m much happier with my straight pipe now. My only issue exhaust wise is I found that with my 4” diamond eye exhaust in conjunction with the bigger 38 Gallon rear tank I installed that the tank sits too low and with the current exhaust bends in the kit I haven’t been able to get the rear side exit I had with the factory tank because of just not having the tubes bent at the angles I need them so for now it’s just axle dumped which I thought would create a HORRIBLE drone but it’s not as bad as I thought. Need to find a place that can bend me a piece of 4” to the specs I need in order to clear the tank and get it back in the location it was originally. I had also completed the E-Fuel conversion. Also did a little dress up on one of the brackets as I had it off the replace an idler pulley so figured why not. When I install my intercooler setup I’m gonna remove all the cast aluminum parts and paint em up like I did this bracket. Might even just pull motor for a light freshen up as I need to replace the dipstick flange as it’s starting to seep a little oil and want to replace it sooner than later. It’s not dripping and doesn’t even seep all that much but I can see it making the pan saturated in that area and the longer you ignore it then the worse it’ll get and I like to stay on top of my equipment. I swapped in a different steering wheel as well. Still debating which style I like more, I like the look of the F-150 wheel but think the Explorer wheel feels better in my hands. I got both wheels to have the horn and cruise control functions to work and one of my winter projects is to get the radio control buttons to work as well but that might be a long shot. Installed EGT probes in both manifolds. My buddy and I built a display screen unit that fits flush inside the dash by the wait to start light that will show me my EGT’s, Fuel Pressure, air tank psi, and air bag psi. Also working on mounting my hydra flush on the dash as well as some added indicator lights for torque converter lock up and EBPV valve being shut. It isn’t in the truck yet as I’m still working on the dash board and making it all fit. I built the custom dual 10” ported sub box for behind the rear seat. I upgraded the alternator charging wire and ground wires to thicker gauge wire but definitely going to have to upgrade to a higher output alternator cause when the sound system is cranked up it dips voltage pretty good, and that’s with a capacitor as well but I’m not too surprised. Between the electric fuel pump, sound system, and air compressor it’s got quite a bit more draw on the system then it did factory. Started picking up the pieces to do the hydroboost and 05 Power Steering pump upgrade as well. Again I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff but more to come hopefully soon! If my new doctor can get me sorted out so I can return to being able to work and do stuff.

After uploading the photos I forgot to mention I had the shifter tube in the column break on me. DO NOT buy the Dorman unit if this happens to you. It was a total POS. Thankfully a member on a Facebook page I’m on sold me his old oem one from when he swapped a Zf5 into his truck. After installing selecting a gear feels better than it ever has. Not sure how I don’t have any train horn pictures but I managed to squeeze them inside the passenger side frame rail. They were a perfect fit and are well hidden and protected from the elements pretty good but trust me they are WELL HEARD when I honk them. Also note I covered the sub box with some super shagadelic black carpet. It was free and you never see the box so it’s whatever but it definitely is a sight to see if I do flip the seat foreword to show someone the box lol. Also I should note the rear seat is fully functional and works and fits exactly like factory even with all the stuff mounted to it. I designed it so it can all be removed as one unit as well. Most not worthy modification on the rear seat is the pull lever to move it forward or back, had to create a custom pulley system under the seat as the factory one interferes with the amp and fuse box and such on the seat but still works 100% and is completely hidden and contained under the seat. I thought I had a lot more pictures to show but can’t seam to find the pictures. Since I couldn’t find a lot of pictures I thought I had one day when I get the chance I’ll do a photo shoot of all the main modifications of the truck and post them on here, hopefully in order as none of these photos are in order I don’t think.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:48 PM
0500757Arf
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also forgot to mention the upgraded GPR, new glow plugs and harnesses, converted to gas hood struts, and coolant filter. Here’s some more pictures of some of that cause why not. Again in no particular order.

Here’s a shot of the inside of the new 38 gallon take after I extended the pick up tube and float lever. The 38 gallon take is AMAZING. I never have to worry about fuel anymore it’s great. Took a 6-7 hour round trip this summer on it and only used half the rear tank for the whole trip.

Also the rocker switch assembly is to control the air bags, fog lights, rock lights, ebpv switch, exhaust brake, winch in/out, window defrost, and possibly a nitrous arming/purge. Almost all those switches are with the future in mind but rather do all the wiring now in one shot so I don’t have to do more then connect a few wires in the future.