Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

June 2018 chat

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 03:52 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
June 2018 chat

12 -6 = 6 means the year is 1/2 over. Review we were told "will be warmer than normal winter" I don't remember in the teens and twenties being warmer than normal. Then the rains came gues that means " dryer than normal". Now the temps are hitting high 80s

Chief been rocking top tech all year and stay busy as always. The transmission in my truck died. Picked up a Mazda b2600 fo little work truck.
Jacob bought his first house.
Alex has been working on Pepe
The forum got some new members welcome again.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:46 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I did not even think it was June!!
I got the wrong brake set in the mail, I will double check to see what I ordered. The brakes have enough pad on them to last till she returns later this summer. The interior lights on mom in-laws SUV would not come on with any of the doors open, rear wiper quit working and the keyless entry quit working. Internet search says look at the wires going from the body down to the tail gate.It is a know issue of the wires breaking at the pivot point. I pulled the weather boot back and sure enough 5 broken wires. Got my wire repair kit and a freash cup of coffee and heading out to fix that. Topped off the freon level this morning and it is blowing ice cubes at idle so she will be happy. Once I get her truck done I can start on the TV upgrade in the motorhome.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:15 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Fixed the broken wires and the keyless entry, the interior lights and the rear wiper all work again!!! Eating brunch and then taking it back over to her.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:16 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I had planned on bringing the Mazda home. So much for plans. Got the muffler , alternator, belts and upper radiator hose on.
It was hard to start did not idle at first has very little power on upper end and is backfiring. Was not doing it before muffler. They one I put on may have too much back pressure. Plus the cooling fan is not working . Somebody pulled the stock and put on electric . Even running power direct to battery did not come on.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:38 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
My riding mowers engine locked up yesterday while I was mowing.
I changed out the TV's in the motorhome today! Went from a 13 inch to 24 inch in the bedroom and went from 21 to a 19 in the front. Picture quality is so much better.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:45 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Did not want hear you lawn mower locked up, hope it stays up there. You pully went out a wek later mine went out. Glad you got the tvs done. I think we have a bearing going out on the dryer. It is still under warranty.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:01 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Started feeling bad yesterday morning, woke up sicker than a dog today. I can't remember the last time I slept all day.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:47 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
hope you are feeling better.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:59 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am better but not 100%. I am at work today so maybe I can sweat the rest of it out.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:50 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Feeling much better today. We decided to buy new sat dish for the motorhome next month, I am also going to get a new ac shroud for the back AC unit.as It was broken when we bought it. I was afraid to buy a cover and the AC unit be junk but it blows super cold. I ran the generator and both AC units while I did the TV conversion and it cooled the motorhome great. I still need to hook up the tow mounts to the Hummer and run the tail light kit.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
whats up guys

Im finally getting the house to MYSELF!

Old 06-06-2018, 08:19 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
That's awesome Jacob.
My crazy wife and daughter decided that my son needs some lightning bugs in a jar. So they are running around the horse pasture with a net trying to catch them, has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:15 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The wife has the crud that I had last weekend, I took the day off to take care of little man so she can rest. Our new living room set will be delivered today!! The managers at work have been giving the younger guys hell that the old man which is me, is always bettering them on efficiency and making top tech. The are saying that I cheat. They say he always has 3 or 4 vehicles he is working on or he is not doing everything he is suppose to do. I get a machine and find that there is stuff that needs to be fixed so while I am waiting on approval for repairs I move on to another one. They told them I was doing everything I am supposed to do and I was just being better efficient with my time and I was not cheating.

The wife has agreed to another trip to Orlando next year and camping at Ft Wilderness. I won't make the same mistake that I made last year and I will put some down days into the plans. Tentative plan is a day at the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom and then we will probibly do Seaworld day and maybe a water park day at Aquatica. Trying not a do a total Mickey Mouse overload.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:05 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I guess they have never worked at an automotive dealership where you turn 80 book hours you will not have a job. You should have 3 or 4 work orders going at a time. But then you have work ethic and dont stay on the phone all day.
I have been bushhoging for the past 2 days about 4 hours each day. Going slow have to back into the wet area so I dont get stuck. Did one hill today had to back up most of it. Need to do something so the "pucker factor " is not so high.

so when the next cruise?

Old 06-09-2018, 05:35 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
We might do a cruise next year but we have not made any plans as of yet. I started washing the motorhome for the first time yesterday while the wife and son took a nap, it is one big beast and takes a while. I got about half done before we had a thunderstorm and I had to stop. I am fixing to order 2 new AC shrouds for the motorhome, one was missing when we bought it and the other is looking pretty rough. The missing one just drives me nuts.They delivered our new living room furniture yesterday afternoon which made my wife very happy. I turned my back for 1 minute and my son had the drawer pulled out on our brand new $500 dollar coffee table and was sitting in it !!!

Quick Reply: June 2018 chat