Can't find the numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Pat Murray
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find the numbers.

I came to this site with the specific problem of not being able to find the identification numbers on my old truck. I'm pretty sure it's a 1932 Ford model BB, but I need to find the numbers before I can start the restoration project. On another posting about the panel truck someone said to check the frame just ahead of the fire wall. I did and found nothing. Can someone give me another idea?

Old 09-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Pat Murray
Freshman User
Can't find the numbers.

After spending more time removing years of crud, I found the stamped number on the frame by the fire wall. The problem remains that years of rust have made the numbers almost unreadable. Can anyone suggest another location? I thought I had all the numbers but they don't seem to match with any online records. I read them as BB 13821529. Does this makes sense to anyone?

Old 09-02-2003, 05:48 PM
41Clay
Elder User
Can't find the numbers.

Welcome to FTE!

I can't give you any great help, the only othe place for the serial number that I know of would be on the engine above the water inlet, if the engine hasn't been changed out, and perhaps the tranny has the serial number on the bell housing, either on the top or the side. My book says that the 4 cylinders were B- 5,000,000 and up and 8 cylinders were 18- 1,000,000 and up. My because your's is a BB that it started at 10,000,000 and is correct? Hope this helps.

Clayton

Old 09-19-2003, 07:31 AM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can't find the numbers.

If my memory is correct I believe you should chk on the top of the frame rail just in front of the
the rear wheels.

This was on 40 Coupe's not trucks,maybe they did the same.

Rich