1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

American Flag Headliner...DONE

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 07:44 AM
workbox72
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i don't see this use of the flag as disrespectful seeing as he left it whole and is PROUDLY displaying it in his truck. I'm going to do the same in my truck except I'm using a confederate flag.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:11 AM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Wow!! This reminds me as to why I don't visit this forum as much. Opinion's and those who think their right, are sometimes better left off the forum. Do not feed the ones who's opinion don't matter.
And why has no one attacked the OP for not having the correct radio in his truck? Or is that next? Moderator's...........

Old 06-12-2018, 11:35 AM
braol
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG!!! WHAT?! I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT RADIO!!!! Oh man. And wait to see what happens when they see my non-OEM antenna. I can see the discussion raging now: "There's no way you will receive proper radio signal attenuation with THAT set-up. Dumb in my opinion." or maybe: "Henry Ford would roll in his grave if he saw THAT radio." or how about: "I've been driving Fords since before you were born, see my prior post on this very topic." I also like: "Some people should learn to use the "search" function on this forum."

The "I never heard that one before" geeks would have a field day too: 'Six of one, half a dozen of the other'" "Been there, done that." "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." "If I had a dollar for every time...."

Ok, ok...I'll stop now. Maybe I should "Shut the front door........"

Last edited by braol; 06-12-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 PM
FoPar1972
More Turbo
Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts
Before I mounted my flag headliner(shameless plug for my build... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-a-2002-a.html ) I did a bunch of research on the topic and found that this "Strict Flag code" isn't strictly followed by the military. Every photo below was on a military base or military function. So I would have to say that they have a very loose definition of "strict" and if it's ok by them, then it's ok by me. Enjoy your RED WHITE & BLUE flying above your head every time you drive your American truck... I know I do no mater what rule I'm supposedly breaking that is so offensive to the military that they never do it except....wait for it....... When they do.... see below....

Old 06-18-2018, 07:21 AM
braol
Senior User
I only have one thing left to say: "Don't Tread On Me!"

Old 06-18-2018, 09:11 AM
Coastal68
Fleet Mechanic
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by braol
So...I FINALLY got my American flag headliner project done.
Coole headliner. It's looks to me very much like a celebration of the flag and the good ol' USA. Ignore the haters and enjoy your truck.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Mobley.d
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by braol
Nice. How 'bout a "Make America Great Again" flag...or maybe a Russian flag in celebration of 'collusion'? Actually...if putting a flag in the truck is so disrespectful maybe I should put an ISIS flag in there.
I’m working on a trump flag at the moment

Old 10-15-2018, 09:27 AM
braol
Senior User
Careful...someone here might tell you that's non-OEM. Shhhhh........

Old 10-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks good to me...but I'm rarely correct.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:17 AM
Kadin Rose
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GLR

Not a respectful use of the Flag. Almost as bad as those who use the Flag for clothing.
My grandmother used to tell me if I ain't had nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:57 AM
jzjames
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Forget it! A flag headliner is traditional and just fine.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:18 PM
qman
Cargo Master
The US Flag code is clear. (https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim)

§8. Respect for flag
c. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
f. The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

Whenever a flag the size of an NFL football field is stretched out horizontally it violates c. above. Those soldiers above violated f. I work on an Air Force Base and watched an Airman take down the colors at the end of the day, wad it up into his hands, and let it drag on the ground behind him, and get his a** chewed from someone across the lawn. It seems Americans don't really respect the flag as much as they think they do. I would assume it is mostly due to ignorance, which is hard to fathom in this day and age when everyone is carrying a computer in their pocket with access to more information than has ever been available to mankind.

I would assume that those of you who do not find hanging a flag on a headliner disrespectful also have no problem with athletes who kneel for the presentation of the flag.

I can see using a Confederate or Trump (basically the same) flag as a headliner. That would be a valid use for either. But so would wiping out my oil change pan.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:38 PM
Coastal68
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by qman
The US Flag code is clear. (https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim)

§8. Respect for flag
c. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
f. The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling
Which is worse: a minor violation of flag bearing code or discouraging someone's sincere patriotic feeling?

Old 01-20-2021, 04:42 PM
qman
Cargo Master
Ignorance is the worst.

If you chose to disrespect the flag so be it. Its your free will to do so. Just don't opine that you're not doing so.

If we can all decide to form our own opinions on what respect for the flag is then the code is moot and nobody can bch when someone does something they don't like - like kneel for the presentation of the flag.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:23 PM
Coastal68
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by qman
Ignorance is the worst.
With all due respect, that's not an answer to my question.

Quick Reply: American Flag Headliner...DONE